Torment: savior of P/P?

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

When they mentioned the new condition that hurts you if you move first I though: this could hurt us a lot… but then I read that we would have access to it and that only Mesmers and Necros would be getting it so this could be much sweeter than it looks like for us!

Everyone else thinks that this could be the saviour of P/P with Torment being added to some of our skills so Pistol users become movement control nightmares?

I doubt melee Thieves will be getting it as the way to deal with them is mostly move so this would be too punishing, but I can see P/P getting a nice benefit from this new condition.

I wasn’t too excited about the future of P/P (my favorite aesthetics set, but terrible for gameplay) but this and other comments got me really interested to see what they did with the set

I hope P/P has been changed to be more condition heavy so I don’t have to change all my exotic Carrion equipment :P

in Thief

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I can see Pistols (maybe off-hand dagger), and Shortbows getting it.

I’d love to see Trick Shot add one stack of Torment.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Dancing Daggers will probably get it.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

ya it’s nice to see anet giving thieves love, even tho there wasn’t mention of classes that needed it much more (ranger / engineer). I’m sure there is going to be 100000 threads on the forum day 1 about scrubs not being to adapt to a scary new game mechanic like “dont move”. If it’s anything like touch of palsy from warhammer online there will definitely be crying.

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

ooohhhh my god if dancing daggers gets this I will be so friggan stoked.

Kole —Thief
youtube

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfgang.6489

Wolfgang.6489

I was thinking the same thing. Ideally, p/p would be reworked with a bigger emphasis on conditions with the addition of torment.

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Nope.

The great forum duppy.