Traits Unleashed: Forty New Traits and More!

in Thief

Posted by: Nerone.1724

Nerone.1724

hello guys i just read what happens in April. for those who know it yet nn v leave the page of the ad

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/traits-unleashed-forty-new-traits-and-more/?utm_source=client

in Thief

Nerone.1724

Thief will be Gaining a new survivability trait in Their Critical Strikes line with Invigorating Precision. Five percent of your damage from critical attacks will now be returned to you as healing. With this trait, you’ll be Able to sustain yourself in scenarios where your basic healing just Is not Enough. What do you think?

I have my doubts to replace the (executioner and / or hidden / killer) but it could be the turning point for those who use D / P?

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

When it comes to PvE Signet of malice and maybe heal on crit food gives you all the sustain we need. Sustain wont save us from getting one shoted with our 10805 base HP.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Barock.7183

Barock.7183

don’t underestimate this new change , i would love to try this with a short bow.
it requires some testing tho but only time will tell.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

That’s a weird place to put this trait, at GM Critical Strikes. I guess it’s to keep us from stacking too many healing effects on top of each other.

Might be good for a high-Precision build that uses on-crit Sigils and runs 10 DA and 30 CS.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Oh wait its grandmaster, didn’t realize that when looked at this trait skeptical, Now I wont look at it at all.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)

in Thief

Posted by: Jealle.1926

Jealle.1926

wonder how it will work with unload,cluster bomb, pistol whip

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

The new grandmaster traits have to be really good to replace some of the ones currently used. Sleight of Hand is, imo, an excellent GM trait for Trickery, and the new one would have to be really, really useful to swap it out.

I would like to see the new GM traits be useable, if not great, so it would encourage build diversity.

in Thief

Nerone.1724

d have to agree with you even if it looks a lot like Fade:

XI.Assassin ’s Reward

Heal yourself Whenever you use a skill That initiative uses. Heal yourself for each point of initiative spent.

in Thief

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

That’s a weird place to put this trait, at GM Critical Strikes. I guess it’s to keep us from stacking too many healing effects on top of each other.

Might be good for a high-Precision build that uses on-crit Sigils and runs 10 DA and 30 CS.

Well, it does make sense to have an on-crit trait in the crit line. I think it is their effort to have DPS and Survivability available in each trait line. Maybe.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well assuming all crits, you could pump out about 6k damage during an AA rotation on dagger for a balanced build. That translates to 300 health over ~2 seconds, meaning a pitiful 150 HPS assuming everything hits and crits . Since it’s competing with HK, you can’t depend on backstab for the burst heal, which on the same balanced build would still only yield about 300 health. It would need to be 5% of total outgoing damage before it might be comparable to the other GM traits.

Another point to this though is that it’s going to have to scale extremely well before it would be worth trading stats for. I mean, say it scales at 1% more health gained per crit for every 100 healing power (very generous), what offensive stat are you going to trade for that considering trading offensive stats will also hurt the healing. Say you trade precision for it (in spvp maybe trading out a zerk amulet for a valk one) on a x/30/30/x/x lyssa runes build, you would go from 300 HPow to 629 HPow but go from a 57% crit chance to a 26% crit chance. Now you go from (critdmg)(.08)(.57)=.046critdmg to (critdmg)(.1129)(.26)=.029critdmg which is a decrease in overall healing. Without running other numbers, I would think you’d see similar decreases in the healing when trading offensive stats for it, not to mention trading DPS for inferior healing. With the increased toughness from the valk amulet, you might see a neutral change to health gained vs damage taken.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief