Traveler Frees Up One Utility

in Thief

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Hey guys,

Saw the Traveler Rune and the 6th bonus was 25% movement speed and figured if I picked that up I could choose a different utility. These are some ideas I am looking at.

Option #1 D/P - Offensive

Option #2 D/P - Defensive

Option #3 D/P - Balanced

With the removal of Shadow Signet, it allows me to adjust gear slightly towards other stats if I can throw in Signet of Agility or Assassin’s Signet. I like the Assassin’s Signet a little more primarily its active is very effective. I enjoy the math and I am sure Wish will have a field day on these so by all means, theorycraft away.

Ascended

Thanks

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Hey guys,

Saw the Traveler Rune and the 6th bonus was 25% movement speed and figured if I picked that up I could choose a different utility. These are some ideas I am looking at.

Option #1 D/P – Offensive

Option #2 D/P – Defensive

Option #3 D/P – Balanced

With the removal of Shadow Signet, it allows me to adjust gear slightly towards other stats if I can throw in Signet of Agility or Assassin’s Signet. I like the Assassin’s Signet a little more primarily its active is very effective. I enjoy the math and I am sure Wish will have a field day on these so by all means, theorycraft away.

Ascended

Thanks

No shadow refuge?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

lol Offensive, Defensive and Balanced are all the same build… and even one of the most used ones.. nothing new to see realy.
The only difference is in one utility?
gg

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

lol Offensive, Defensive and Balanced are all the same build... and even one of the most used ones.. nothing new to see realy.
The only difference is in one utility?
gg

Changes in gear and a utility. Same build. Different gear layout. You were expecting something unique and new that other great thieves have not figured out by now? Ha.

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Hey guys,

Option #1 D/P – Offensive

Option #2 D/P – Defensive

Option #3 D/P – Balanced

Ascended

Thanks

No shadow refuge?

I don’t use SoR when I roam. Only if I run with a group.

in Thief

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I feel like you have been rolled by many thieves in your time on GW2... Let the hate flow through you, only then will know the true power of the dark side.

in Thief

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

personally I prefer scholar, I fail to see the gain of freeing up one skill slot with that setup

sr and bp is all the defence you will ever need in a d/p build

also imho AS is worse than scholar’s bonuses, since you have to choose between the extra damage or the extra power, scholar gives a mix of both plus some more crit damage. and D/P builds usually dont synergize with signets anyway.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

15 in acro 10 in trickery → perma swiftness

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

15 in acro 10 in trickery -> perma swiftness

But that’s 25 trait points in trees that will not effectively help a backstab thief.

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

But that’s 25 trait points in trees that will not effectively help a backstab thief.

backstab thief is not only a 0 30 30 10 0 thief… there are quite a few other backstab builds out there.

Even tho i agree with you not every build can afford those 25 points i just wanted to point it out.

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

personally I prefer scholar, I fail to see the gain of freeing up one skill slot with that setup.

also imho AS is worse than scholar’s bonuses, since you have to choose between the extra damage or the extra power, scholar gives a mix of both plus some more crit damage. and D/P builds usually dont synergize with signets anyway.

Scholar is really good for the initial burst but once you drop below 90% health which will happen with one or two good hits, you lose that 10% bonus dmg.

Sure, scholar gives 165 power and 8% crit damage and 10% when over 90% which will be a short duration of the fight.

Traveler gives 30 all stats, 6% crit dmg, 15% more might uptime, and a perma Signet of Shadows. By freeing up the necessity of Signet of Shadows, I can effectively get AS and now I have 200 power (30 to all other stats), 6% crit dmg, boon duration, and 25% movement. I would hardly use the active portion on AS unless I need to hit a hard Backstab followed by some heartseekers. The active is more of a clutch move.

I would take 35 more power, 30 to all other stats, 2% less crit dmg, 15% more boon uptime (makes Hidden Assassin 18.75 seconds long each time I enter stealth), and 25% movement speed over what scholar offers anytime.

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

backstab thief is not only a 0 30 30 10 0 thief... there are quite a few other backstab builds out there.

Even tho i agree with you not every build can afford those 25 points i just wanted to point it out.

I haven’t seen an effective backstab build that didn’t run x/30/30/x/x

Our primary damage comes from backstab and it would be unwise to not take advantage of the stealth mechanic since we’d be going in and out of stealth constantly.

The last build I ran was 25/30/0/0/15 and that was pre-Mug nerf.

in Thief

Konrad Curze.5130

I would take 35 more power, 30 to all other stats, 2% less crit dmg, 15% more boon uptime (makes Hidden Assassin 18.75 seconds long each time I enter stealth), and 25% movement speed over what scholar offers anytime.

I see your point. Im a D/D secondary D/P thief tho, and I pick my targets carefully (WvW only, I dont do tPvP anymore). my fights usually dont last more than 5 seconds if I can avoid it , so the extra 10% damage for the opener is a godsent that I wouldnt trade for anything.

(edited by Konrad Curze.5130)

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I see your point. Im a D/D secondary D/P thief tho, and I pick my targets carefully (WvW only, I dont do tPvP anymore). my fights usually dont last more than 5 seconds if I can avoid it , so the extra 10% damage for the opener is a godsent that I wouldnt trade for anything.

If you don’t drop your target in the first 5 seconds, do you have to run or can you continue the fight?

in Thief

Konrad Curze.5130

If you don’t drop your target in the first 5 seconds, do you have to run or can you continue the fight?

necro, warrior, guardian run.
the rest, keep on hammering till they r dead

in Thief

Posted by: incandescence.6784

incandescence.6784

I don’t understand how this is so, or do you just mean that can give you a lot of swiftness?

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

necro, warrior, guardian run.
the rest, keep on hammering till they r dead

i beg to differ, i run a backstab build, with scholar+night runes at night or with ruby orbs, the people that you will be having a hard time with are bunker builds. but with the rest its just how you hit the enemy.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Thief

Sizzle Hint.1820

I don’t understand how this is so, or do you just mean that can give you a lot of swiftness?

You get swiftness on dodge and with 15 into acro you can dodge alot. With 10 into Trickery you can get the trait “Thrill of the Crime” which grants swiftness when you steal, and that doesnt need a target. Cheers !