Trick for soloing some hero challenges

in Thief

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

If you use shadow refuge, you can capture the point and not aggro any of the enemies. You will be in stealth long enough to get the point and escape.

Of course, this won’t work for the challenges that require fighting a champion to get the point, but I thought I would share this for any of my fellow thieves to make the grind to DD a little easier.

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

thanks for this

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Being doing that on World completion since forever.

Gotta love channeling hero points.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

If you use shadow refuge, you can capture the point and not aggro any of the enemies. You will be in stealth long enough to get the point and escape.

Of course, this won’t work for the challenges that require fighting a champion to get the point, but I thought I would share this for any of my fellow thieves to make the grind to DD a little easier.

This won’t work in some HP where it requires you to have met a certain mastery level (like that HP in a poison cloud). Also there are HP where you cannot even interact without meeting a certain mastery level.

So yeah, use this trick where applicable.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Yes, and don’t forget to help all those poor kitten who can’t stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

another trick: shadowstep (or any other teleport skill) can also get you to some of these points with these poison plats on the ground.

in Thief

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

This won’t work in some HP where it requires you to have met a certain mastery level (like that HP in a poison cloud). Also there are HP where you cannot even interact without meeting a certain mastery level.

Actually, that poison close hp, the point itself isnt inside the cloud, so if you blink directly into it or glide on it you can pop sr and get it. Thats how i did it

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Actually, that poison close hp, the point itself isnt inside the cloud, so if you blink directly into it or glide on it you can pop sr and get it. Thats how i did it

You’re probably talking about a different one because the one I’m talking about is inside a cave filled with poison cloud.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

You’re probably talking about a different one because the one I’m talking about is inside a cave filled with poison cloud.

aaah if you mean the one at the second map then, where you have to endure the meat for 1 min, there is also a 2 ways to do it without masteries

1: if you are a low hp class like thief unequip everything to be at your lowest, use a regeneration booster and a mango pie, quickly go down, pick the meat and go back up, once your hp gets full again (thanks to the pie and booster) consume the meat, since the regen from the buff is a flat amount and the dmg you recive is %, you will have enough regen to wait heal the dmg and survive the minute

1: same as above, but have a chrono friend to stack alacry on you so the heal recharges faster

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

aaah if you mean the one at the second map then, where you have to endure the meat for 1 min, there is also a 2 ways to do it without masteries

1: if you are a low hp class like thief unequip everything to be at your lowest, use a regeneration booster and a mango pie, quickly go down, pick the meat and go back up, once your hp gets full again (thanks to the pie and booster) consume the meat, since the regen from the buff is a flat amount and the dmg you recive is %, you will have enough regen to wait heal the dmg and survive the minute

lol, now that’s a good trick…very slick.