Underwater skills only fit single target direct damage builds

in Thief

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

The underwater skills the Thief gets on both the Spear and Speargun are lacking. What’s worse, they only fit thief builds that focus on single target direct damage.

There is no AoE skill besides the poison line escape which isn’t really much of an AoE or a poison.

The only way to stack builds is the auto attack on Speargun, which is of course a very weak and short duration build since it is an auto-attack.

Please add a viable AoE skill and a proper bleed skill to either the Spear or the Speargun.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

I have noticed a VERY distinct lack of AOE abilities while underwater. Jetting backwards while spewing poison is fine when you’re fighting melee enemies, but not against groups of players or ranged NPCs.

Furthermore, only having a single elite skill available for use underwater is another problem.

I, for one, avoid water like it’s acid filled with flesh eating piranhas lead by SAS trained attack sharks.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Just another reason why Condition based builds seem entirely unviable. They do nothing for underwater combat.

And yes, you’re obviously right. Outside from 1v1, underwater skills are lackluster.

in Thief

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

It’s really quite sad how I avoid under water combat at all costs on my level 80 thief but I quite enjoy it on my level 45 Guardian alt.

I generally don’t set to much hope in getting devs to go back and totally revamp something post launch but this needs to get fixed. There is so much content thats underwater and the thief weapon skills are killing it for that class…sad

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Thief

Posted by: Difinitus.5614

Difinitus.5614

I too avoid underwater combat. The poison is not worth it at all either.

If I can drag a mob onto land, I will.

(btw; stay away from the sharks)

80 P/D Thief | 80 Zerker Guardian | 80 Conditionmancer
[LaZY] Ascendants Of The Imperium
http://www.LazyImperium.com

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

The Thief is primarily single-target. Not sure the complaint unless it’s, “I didn’t read the class description or understand how it’s meant to be played and it really bugs me underwater that we remain a single-target killer as intended by game design laid out for months before release.”

As a Thief I love underwater. We’re the only class that can easily break target underwater – Hide in Shadows – swim above our enemy, keep our target, and then rain attacks on him from above while he spends 10 seconds trying to find you and target you again.

We have a ranged cripple, a burst skill, an underwater shadowstep, a powerful bleed from stealth, an AOE poison and retreat, and our main attack hits multiple targets in a line with bleed. That’s just one weapon.

I think we’re fine.

in Thief

Posted by: DrakeWurrum.6049

DrakeWurrum.6049

uhh… you realize that the Speargun #1 attack has most of it’s damage loaded into the Bleed?

I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story. I’m the leading man.
You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

in Thief

Posted by: Xaphen.5418

Xaphen.5418

@ vexus who made you then end all be all on what a thief is supposed to be? if they only wanted us to spec for single target dmg why do have have the option to spec for condition builds? why do we have a sb which is all aoe attacks? just because the underwater combat fits your build the way that you like to play does not make it right. i wish i could retrait for under water combat just like the utility’s auto switch for you.

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

I’m not. The Developers are the end-all be-all on the Thief. And that’s what they made the Thief.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Xaphen.5418

Xaphen.5418

were in that link does it say not to spec into conditon build and rec ppls face with ldb? once u go under water you cant stack bleeds like u can above water.