Unload + retaliation = sad thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

its a magical thing called your healing signet, heals for almost as much as mid ranged retal therefore its a counter. If you spam unloads and think you are gonna win because of that please tell me again how you are totally a skillful player that uses his skills wisely and situationally. No better than the HS spammers

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

its a magical thing called your healing signet, heals for almost as much as mid ranged retal therefore its a counter. If you spam unloads and think you are gonna win because of that please tell me again how you are totally a skillful player that uses his skills wisely and situationally. No better than the HS spammers

The Pistol/pistol thief can do is spam unload and a kittenty auto attack, all other skills are situational like interupting a heal and hiding in blackpowder, but wtf is using headshot or blackpowder gonna do to help me against a guardian with permanent retaliation on him?

And signet of malice sucks horrible, hide in shadows or withdrawl is so much better. Everytime you see a thief with signet of malice, you know he is a pve person or clueless, because ive never been killed by one thief using signet of malice, because the healing wont keep you alive.

Btw, spamming heartseek is very good thing to do when people are at low health, lets say 25%, so what did you say again?

Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Just roll a Mesmer. Illusionary Unload does the same damage as Unload while traited and applies bleeding on crit. All retal is directed to it.

Or you could try bountiful theft or the mystical weapon swap but whatever, forget playing around things.
Everyone knows P/P is bad but if you insist on running it, might as well adapt to your situations.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Any skill that does fast hits in a short time suffers, for me as a thief its sneak attack on pistol/dagger and pistolwhip in sword/pistol and tbh, its a problem with retaliation, if it had a 0.5 second cooldown there would be no difference against all other people, but a huge difference for fast hitting skills.

Yes, that is how retaliation works… it is great at countering lots of small attacks. What’s next, aegis is over powered because it blocks big hits like backstab? That’s how things work, deal with it. You’ve already shown that you know which skills not to use against someone when they have retaliation up, you’re halfway there.

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

I love this thread. All I see is a guy complaining repeatedly that theres a direct counter to his build he could direct counter with his weapon swap. I even told him what it was and exactly what to do, and exactly how the guardian build works, and he’s still calling retaliation OP.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Retal isn’t OP… it is very unbalanced though… give it an icd and slightly higher damage. That part is now fixed and everybody is happy.

Retaliation isn’t supposed to be a 100% uptime boon either (as previously stated by the devs long ago). If they still feel that way, that should be fixed as well.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

I love this thread. All I see is a guy complaining repeatedly that theres a direct counter to his build he could direct counter with his weapon swap. I even told him what it was and exactly what to do, and exactly how the guardian build works, and he’s still calling retaliation OP.

Yeah, I love you too!

You and others actually think its okay for 1 boon to be a counter to a weapon set, gg guys!

Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Yeah, I love you too!

You and others actually think its okay for 1 boon to be a counter to a weapon set, gg guys!

Well using a S/D is a counter to the guardians entire class and reason for existance, so I think its fair.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Lmao!

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Anyone who spams unload on someone without looking at their boons and checking for retal deserves to die.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Anyone who spams unload on someone without looking at their boons and checking for retal deserves to die.

So a PP thief basically just shouldn’t attack any class that has permanent retal? Ok that’s fine and balanced… >.>

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa