Upcoming Balance Patch

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Not really expecting much.

turns out more damage doesn’t help especially not since the traitlines of other classes don’t seem to have been nerfed – who would’ve guessed?

Yeah so that’s the other reason why I’m not expecting much. Even if the thief gets buffed, it might stay in the same place relative to other classes.

Plus we all know, that Karl balances…. While the other devs go ham. And the devs work in different city and unfortunately don’t have any way to communicate… not even by skype or email…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Great, now we can auto-attack ourselves to death in teamfights.

Revamping acro is a bit too late, DA/CS offers more utility.

We need survivability against those cc’s. Stability on dodges for instance.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

And the devs work in different city and unfortunately don’t have any way to communicate… not even by skype or email…

I haven’t heard of you in a long while either – didn’t you get my carrier pigeon? was probably shot by a drone.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I am hoping for sword AA to be worked on, increase aa speed or at least make it stop “lagging” after every 2 swings.

Only thing I would like a change on short bow is cluster bomb to move a bit faster, you can run the same speed as it with swiftness, and possibly choking gas 4 seconds feild.

Can’t say much about pistol as I have not much interest in it, not condi stuff (venoms).

scorpion wire could do with a rework too.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: tomwjd.8172

tomwjd.8172

We should be able to steal boons more consistently even without trickery line. we are thieves afterall, it makes sense thematically too. All of our stealth attacks should steal a boon. Perhaps steal a full stack as well so we can fulfill a role as bunker busters in pvp and take on all those cheese cele builds that stack 25 might and stability.

Escapist absolution should also become baseline for daredevils and there should be a new master tier trait that benefits shortbow or dagger offhand.

Acrobatics should increase endurance regen for the thief and the party as well as some damage increase modifiers so they can have presence in raids and other pve groups.

Thieves should also be able to apply reveal to give them a counterplay against scrappers. Maybe dust strike, dancing dagger, poisonous gas, etc. (No scope skillshots inc)

Revealed training should also clear a condi upon being revealed so it can compete with panic strike.

Base hp needs to be increased..

(edited by tomwjd.8172)

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

A daredevil rune like trait at GM might be nice in acro.

On dodge nearby allies get 100 percent crit. (5 players).

We also need something that addresses the range factor on our ranged weapons. I can not even hit targets sitting on a castle wall because I have no range and if I get close enough lose LOS.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

All I wanted for christmas was a buff to my s/p and p/p playstyles (yay for doing both). Its a little late, and I’m only getting one. Permission to be disappointed?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Jana.6831

All I wanted for christmas was a buff to my s/p and p/p playstyles (yay for doing both). Its a little late, and I’m only getting one. Permission to be disappointed?

How do you know sword will be buffed
Whenever changes to thief are announced you should be disappointed – you will be anyway.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I think serious thought is referring to the blast on dodge ability on the bound trait which was a huge boon to p/p and s/p players at the release of HoT.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Jana.6831

But Hot was released Halloween, and they wanted it for christmas. Now I’m confused.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

ETA: Right, I forgot raids – I don’t think more damage is helping in raids, tbh. But I have yet to be in one – so I can’t really judge.

Basically the raids are a DPS check, but nothing that can’t be done with a thief in party.

The problem my buddies had while in a raid was survivability – none of them thief. So I guess pure DPS won’t help thief there either

It will help lol.
If you do more base damage, it will allow you to get some vitality and toughness on your gear.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Jana.6831

It will help lol.
If you do more base damage, it will allow you to get some vitality and toughness on your gear.

More damage on auto attack doesn’t help at all because a thief has got no sustain to auto attack, not even with clerics, not with soldier’s, not with knights. Works in usual dungeons probably, but there you can go full zerker anyway – doesn’t work in fractals or raids and not PvP/WvW.
But thanks for the help lol.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

I wanted buffs to both and they said melee. I don’t think Anet would be weird enough to buff our strong sets (dag/staff) and ignore the weak (pistol/shortbow/sword). But I could be wrong.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Jana.6831

Thief needs a sustain buff – not a damage buff, that only works if the sustain is ok. So whatever damage they’re buffing it won’t help us – of that I’m sure.
But it depends on what they’re doing against the general power creep and with the AoE and passives of other classes. So maybe it will be a buff after all (but I don’t think so).

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The changes to Acro will be telling. If done right a damage buff as suggested will be viable if there enough in Acro to provide that sustain wherein a person counts on said buff to damage to ensure they can still inflict enough in battle.

As well , added to that if there a damage increase to the AA (and we do not know the form , amounts or nature of the same) a person going the CS line as example might feel s/he can afford to give up No quarter and take IP instead. There are certainly those that do that today but others feel the damage loss not worth it.

Getting more damage off the AA also means less need for Initiative which can pull people away from the trickery line.

A lot remains to be seen.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Yeah…

Sustained damage needs some survival sustainability. You can’t “sustain” damage when you’re dead…

It’d be nice if they added in some sort of passive life/life-steal on hit, like SoM, so you could potentially sustain yourself doing damage… Though as far as I’m aware SoM is flat life on hit independent of the attack damage, and there’s another IP that gives a % back on crit – but you need to crit and IP replaces HK or NQ… Wonder if there’s Power/Crit-Chance/Healing power stat set, can’t remember off the top of my head.

Though that’s for PvE. Doubt it wouldn’t work remotely in WvW, and I doubt it would be useful in sPvP.

And yeah, Jana I got the mail…

Just been busy lately, and playing GW2 is like the last thing on my list of things I want to do in spare time.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Jana.6831

Getting more damage off the AA also means less need for Initiative which can pull people away from the trickery line.

Before June, when I fought (I pretty much gave up on 1 vs 1 since June), it was usually CnD, BS, HS, DB, DD – always depending on the situation. I used auto attack against noobs – otherwise I couldn’t land it. The same situation is now – maybe even worse because of the passives all classes have. I can’t stay on my opponent long enough to use auto attack, they’ll either block, port or burst – come to think of it; the only situation where I can auto attack is when I’m +1. Interestingly I rarely really had troubles with initative (as D/D) even without trickery. I missed it when using SB in a zerg when I tried to make a build with DrD work <— that failed because I want CiS and need SE.

@ Zero: That was a joke – all good =)

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Before June, when I fought (I pretty much gave up on 1 vs 1 since June), it was usually CnD, BS, HS, DB, DD – always depending on the situation. I used auto attack against noobs – otherwise I couldn’t land it. The same situation is now – maybe even worse because of the passives all classes have. I can’t stay on my opponent long enough to use auto attack, they’ll either block, port or burst – come to think of it; the only situation where I can auto attack is when I’m +1. Interestingly I rarely really had troubles with initative (as D/D) even without trickery. I missed it when using SB in a zerg when I tried to make a build with DrD work <— that failed because I want CiS and need SE.

One problem is the number of duration blocks as compared to the number of finite blocks.. Duration stuff is killer to a class that relies on getting fast attacks in and then getting out.

Overall there just too many skills that kick in automatically. On My Engineer when I play poorly and get hit by a large burst, I have so many things that can just kick in and save me without intervention on my part.

Only last refuge on the thief and to an extent hard to catch have that function> Few can afford last refuge since they need condition cleanse and hard to catch while a great skill has long cooldown and does not really prevent damage unless you actively dodge.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

“drastically” improving auto damage. That sounds great. I love the idea of thief doing threatening damage outside of burst combos.

And if they improve Acro enough, we could see some really mean daredevil acro trickery builds.

This is really scary for the fate of Spvp, maybe the meta scrapper on every team if it’s not nerfed will keep my one shot thief from being meta but I doubt it.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Check out my detailed post about balance changes that should be made

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

Wonder if there’s Power/Crit-Chance/Healing power stat set, can’t remember off the top of my head.

Zealot’s, JFYI.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I wanted buffs to both and they said melee. I don’t think Anet would be weird enough to buff our strong sets (dag/staff) and ignore the weak (pistol/shortbow/sword). But I could be wrong.

I wouldn’t have thought they’d add a wholly unnecessary and unwanted nerf to the class mechanic of the weakest class in game, but they did, even if they undid it later.

I’m not saying that this will turn out badly, but there’s plenty of history that says it could

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

I missed it when using SB in a zerg when I tried to make a build with DrD work <— that failed because I want CiS and need SE.

If you are building for WvW zergs…. all I will say is marauders armor and weapons, soldier / cavalier trinkets, double staff, invigorating precision and daredevil runes. The sustain and dps vs grouped enemies is unreal.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Jana.6831

I missed it when using SB in a zerg when I tried to make a build with DrD work <— that failed because I want CiS and need SE.

If you are building for WvW zergs…. all I will say is marauders armor and weapons, soldier / cavalier trinkets, double staff, invigorating precision and daredevil runes. The sustain and dps vs grouped enemies is unreal.

Why would I use double staff?

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Boys, did u get hard? They say we will be extremly dangerous which is huge step from harmless fly!

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Haven’t been active in a while. Are they still refusing to acknowledge that CiS as GM is a major issue?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Haven’t been active in a while. Are they still refusing to acknowledge that CiS as GM is a major issue?

I don’t think they care, but Mesmer got a trait that blinds on shatter so yea….

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Intelligence Sigil + Daredevil Runes + Quick Pockets leads to a very high uptime on continuous or near-continuous use of Vault between evades while not losing the crits from running IP, and lets you get endurance refunded every swap for more evades.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Boys, did u get hard? They say we will be extremly dangerous which is huge step from harmless fly!

I’m more concerned with how they’ll do that while still allowing us to easily refute whiny snot-kids complaining about Teef OP.

I don’t want to ride this stupid balance seesaw. 6 months of OP isnt worth 6 months of being useless, because for the whole year we get complaints of varying nature (that would not bother me if they did not possess a shred of credence.)

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Jana.6831

It wouldn’t bother me (complaining) if I could still believe in anet seeing through this and doing the right thing – that can also mean nerfs if they’re justified and telling whiners to L2P if unjustified.
Guess why I’m annoying all of you 24/7?! Because the forums are more important than I’d like them to be.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Gallant Pigeon.5807

Double energy sigils, quick pockets. Its spammy, sure. But it works horribly well as a brawler.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

Double energy sigils, quick pockets. Its spammy, sure. But it works horribly well as a brawler.

energy sigil is getting nerfed to only give 5 secs of vigor.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

energy sigil is getting nerfed to only give 5 secs of vigor.

Isn’t it only for pvp?

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i do see a lot of players crying about the basilisk venom change in the forums lol

[SA]

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Gallant Pigeon.5807

I don’t want to ride this stupid balance seesaw. 6 months of OP isnt worth 6 months of being useless, because for the whole year we get complaints of varying nature (that would not bother me if they did not possess a shred of credence.)

I think thief is uniquely hard to balance due to its ability to spam weapon skills. As such, an over buff makes the class OP – especially with a good player. This might be why Arena net haven’t said anything about touching the other weapon skills.

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Man I hope ya’ll are glad to get your place back in pvp!
Over in the mesmer forum, folks are already packing their bags….

Devona’s Rest

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

lol why? Did they have too much fun playing bunkers?

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

Upcoming Balance Patch

in Thief

Serious Thought.5394

I’ve been trolling Mesmer forums. I advise you to join, its GREAT FUN.