Upcoming bodyshot change.

in Thief

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Will now immobilize for 1s and apply only 5 stacks of vulnerability. Increased initiative cost from 3 to 4.

What do u guys think? Saw this in the updated leaked notes.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

needs moar immobilize

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Tactically useful, but still doesn’t address the fact that P/P is a disjointed set – the AA and stealth attack are still condition based, the dual skill is Power based, and the OH skills are pure utility. The set still needs a more clear goal in mind.

D/D’s dual skill and P/P’s dual skill should be “swapped” (in spirit), as neither feels like they belong in their respective sets.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Overlaps with dancing dagger for p/d, in better though since it actually can hit due to the projectile having a reasonable travel speed and immo being far superior.

I don’t see it helping p/p that much either, except in pve for the dredge fractal boss.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Overlaps with dancing dagger for p/d, in better though since it actually can hit due to the projectile having a reasonable travel speed.

I don’t see it helping p/p that much either.

Eh, I disagree. Immob is tactically superior to cripple in a few key ways.
- completely prevent a player from entering a cap point, allowing you to decap/complete cap
- Prevents dodging/moving, which can potentially let a teammate complete a Hundred blades/Pistol whip/Eviscerate, etc on your target.
- Still applies vuln, which will increase direct damage.

Although I do agree that it doesn’t do much to fix P/P’s overall issues.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

Tactically useful, but still doesn’t address the fact that P/P is a disjointed set – the AA and stealth attack are still condition based, the dual skill is Power based, and the OH skills are pure utility. The set still needs a more clear goal in mind.

D/D’s dual skill and P/P’s dual skill should be “swapped” (in spirit), as neither feels like they belong in their respective sets.

i feel same way.
d/p and p/d combine better (than d/d or p/p) and i believe they are designed with that in mind. #3 is also more useful with d/p or p/d setup, helping to maintain the distance and combat type, whatever the main hand of each spec needs.

now immobilize on #2 pistol will help d/p gameplay a lot. before cloak and dagger was unlikely to land, now #2-#5 could be a part of rotation in d/p. and with stealth from here can continue with #1 in either spec.

i was so frustrated with uselessness of #2 in p/d that got smoke field in a skill slot, at least to use #2 as proj finisher. now #2 will have legit part in gameplay.

if only d/p had some sort of blind, at least evade.

this is all about spvp.

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

It’s okay I guess? But they should keep it at 10 vulnerability stacks since they have a pretty short duration. And I really hope they would improve the #1’s speed, since it’s
as slow as it gets.

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

P/P, meh.
P/D, yay!

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Uh, if they had kept 10 vuln stacks and kept the lower cost then it would be useful, but since they nerfed it just for a ONE second root, then no, still useless.

Thanks ANet!

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The 1s immob might be good to root an enemy into your caltrops for p/d sets, so Im optimistic about that. Though good luck rooting anyone with -% duration effects… If the immobilize ignored + and – duration effects then it would be great I think.

As for p/p, I dont think such a change will make p/p popular, maybe Im wrong though.

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

The 1s immob might be good to root an enemy into your caltrops for p/d sets, so Im optimistic about that. Though good luck rooting anyone with -% duration effects… If the immobilize ignored + and – duration effects then it would be great I think.

As for p/p, I dont think such a change will make p/p popular, maybe Im wrong though.

Im not saying its useless because the root is one second.. I mean that has its uses.

But for 4 initiative? Hell to the No. Not with the other options you have. For P/D you can save for cloak n dagger, or the dual skill to apply torment. For P/P, unload is still much better.

I get that if they made it too cheap like 2 initiative that you could chain immobilize people and that wouldnt be balanced. But 1 sec root for 4 initiative? Useless.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

Kinda meh, p/p still worthless =/

Give pistols some mobility already ffs!

(edited by dragonkain.3984)

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

1s ? hardly enough to get me to play p/d again. Caltrops and sb immobilise is still better.

in Thief

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

in Thief

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

The big issue with p/p right now is the lack of mobility. The devs could always remove the vulnerability from it, make it a Leap Finisher : you would jump backward while you shoot and immobilize your foe for 1sec, giving a synergy with Black Powder and allowing a better stealth play with the pistols.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Kinda boring. Was hoping they’d just delete the skill and make something different entirely, including animation. It’s just that bad of skill that it needs 100% scrapped.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.