Upcoming trait comment

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Lucem Ferre.9205

Lucem Ferre.9205

hey,

Generally Speaking,

Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage (does not work against condition damages)..

this is NEVER better than Shadow’s Rejuvenation .. it heals direct AND condition damage !

Trickery: Bewildering Ambush – Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.

This should ALSO have CD on steal like Sleight of Hand .. else its very weak as grandmaster.

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

hey,

Generally Speaking,

Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage (does not work against condition damages)..

this is NEVER better than Shadow’s Rejuvenation .. it heals direct AND condition damage !

Trickery: Bewildering Ambush – Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.

This should ALSO have CD on steal like Sleight of Hand .. else its very weak as grandmaster.

Resilience of Shadows isn’t supposed to be “better” than Shadow’s Rejuvenation. It has a completely different use, mostly team support (think downed cleave reduction – more so than what a guardian can give out via protection). Bewildering Ambush probably isn’t of much use if you’re in WvW and have Perplexity available to you. In PvP however (where we don’t get to have Perplexity runes, and for good reason), it’s a really strong trait, at least in theory.

Thief

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

As Rome stated, it serves a more team supporting purpose, this trait is perfect for builds like Ninja Nurse, Ninja nurse might actually become the new meta build after the dmg reduction.

Sleight of Hand is OP, well.. Actually it feels more or less essential, going more than 15 points in trickery always makes me feel dumb if I don’t sacrifice something in order to pick up Sleight of Hand. I’d rather see Steal brought down to 30 seconds base cooldown, and the -20% cd reduction eliminated from sleight of hand. And possibly SoH changed into “Daze and return 20 energy whenever you successfully steal from an opponent”. This would make me feel less bad for picking just 20 or 25 points in the trickery line, or trying out alternative builds.

1sec stability on reveal? 30 Acrobatics? Addition to higher skill play? At higher levels of skill I’d believe a 30 acro thief would simply just dodge the CC rather than setting up stealth and trying to hit an opponent to get revealed, the thief will most likely get stunned until the whole stealth duration ends if he tries to stealth next to a warrior spamming his hulk abilities.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

hey,

Generally Speaking,

Resilience of Shadows isn’t supposed to be “better” than Shadow’s Rejuvenation. It has a completely different use, mostly team support (think downed cleave reduction – more so than what a guardian can give out via protection). Bewildering Ambush probably isn’t of much use if you’re in WvW and have Perplexity available to you. In PvP however (where we don’t get to have Perplexity runes, and for good reason), it’s a really strong trait, at least in theory.

Who know perplexity rune might be getting a kick from the nerf boot to warrant this trait.

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

hey,

Generally Speaking,

he means its better under no circumstance. which means it sux. and i agree. the only time i see it work is when a zerg hits you with aoe….even when thathappens you are usually dead anyway.

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

he means its better under no circumstance. which means it sux. and i agree. the only time i see it work is when a zerg hits you with aoe….even when thathappens you are usually dead anyway.

No, it means you’re not thinking it through. This new SA trait means that I can throw down a Shadow Refuge on top of a bunch of Ram masters at a door, and they will just huehuehue at the Arrow Cart damage for 19+ seconds since it’s going to be reduced by 75% or more. And it can be combined with Shadow Protector, which is going to see more use now.

It also means that I can blast a smoke field with Cluster Bomb and get my group past the a blob’s front line relatively unscathed.

This trait is going to be huge in coordinated WvW. Thieves were already better than people expected in group combat, now they will be even moreso.

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

No, it means you’re not thinking it through. This new SA trait means that I can throw down a Shadow Refuge on top of a bunch of Ram masters at a door, and they will just huehuehue at the Arrow Cart damage for 19+ seconds since it’s going to be reduced by 75% or more. And it can be combined with Shadow Protector, which is going to see more use now.

It also means that I can blast a smoke field with Cluster Bomb and get my group past the a blob’s front line relatively unscathed.

This trait is going to be huge in coordinated WvW. Thieves were already better than people expected in group combat, now they will be even moreso.

if you think you can get away from combat and change it back to rejuv when the battle begins. sure i could see that as a use. :P

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

>>if you think you can get away from combat and change it back to rejuv when the battle begins. sure i could see that as a use. :P

Actually this is pretty easy. I do this all the time in sieges. I step away from the walls and switch up a weapon set (grab sb as example )or flip a few traits around and then step back in. Those ram masters will still be knocking at the door and you can be raring to go with rejuv as soon as it falls.

You also can use this trait when manning a cannon so it helps to give protection to defenders that are manning siege defensively to take down a golem.

Flipping a single trait just before entering battle is something I have done a lot. Ie I am sure a lot of thieves have swapped signet of shadows out just before entering combat in wvw.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Lucem Ferre.9205

Lucem Ferre.9205

hey,

Generally Speaking,

Resilience of shadows offers nothing Different.. either you heal yourself when you are in stealth thats around 350 a tick with rejuv OR you take half of direct damage with resi.. and full condition damage.. The thing is, it OVERLAPS the usability of rejuvenation .. for example, you spoke of cleave attack, as thief I have many better options to handle such situation than to sacrifice a full trait to get half direct and full condi damage… now if it was some trait which enhanced something else, it would have made some sense.

About perplexity, you dont have those right now.. twitch.tv said after 15th April, runes and stuff will be common all over, so there will be all runes in spvp too i think.. I am surely waiting for that to troll in spvp ! ^^

Upcoming trait comment

in Thief

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Resilience of shadows offers nothing Different.. either you heal yourself when you are in stealth thats around 350 a tick with rejuv OR you take half of direct damage with resi.. and full condition damage.. The thing is, it OVERLAPS the usability of rejuvenation ..

Like I said earlier, the trait is supposed to be used to support your team, not for self sustain. Stop thinking “me” here, and think of the damage reduction you and your allies get when trying to resurrect your teammate. Guardians will usually use a shout/virtue while they try to resurrect so that everyone trying to go in for it (including the corpse) takes reduced damage. You can now perform this role even better with the 50% damage reduction to all instead of 33% along with applying regeneration, if traited (although there isn’t a way to remove that poison). Combine this with Mercy Runes and Merciful Ambush (even Haste, maybe) and it would be extremely hard for your opponents to deny that res.
And of course the traits overlaps. Surely you don’t want Rejuvenation and Resilience at the same time, do you? That would be quite broken.

for example, you spoke of cleave attack, as thief I have many better options to handle such situation than to sacrifice a full trait to get half direct and full condi damage

No, you don’t. You don’t have invulnerabilities or protection or warrior stances or instant reses to mitigate the damage on you while trying to resurrect an ally – this is what I meant by cleave damage. Thieves did have stomp denial via stealth, but they rarely ever resed themselves. After this patch, I can see resurrecting P/D condi thieves as an extremely strong and viable option.

About perplexity, you dont have those right now.. twitch.tv said after 15th April, runes and stuff will be common all over, so there will be all runes in spvp too i think.. I am surely waiting for that to troll in spvp ! ^^

Nah. Peplexity is an extremely unbalanced runeset and it will never ever be added into PvP in its current state.

Thief