VAULT is broken !

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: Adams.9217

Adams.9217

Hello, Wanted to write it under Bug section, but not sure.

I don’t know what Anet did with Staff 5 skill but, its completely broken. Cast animation is slow motion, but not always. also:
Bug: you can’t swap weapon while casting vault. (there is not any skill ingame, that doesn’t let you swap weapon while casting it)
Bug 2: It’s not always hit targets in area. I’ve experienced that in high ping it casts very slow motion and sometimes doesn’t hit enemies on target area.
Bug 3: Sometimes, when you target far, you still casting skill in place you stand.

Skill animation, movement and hit time is always different, I have no idea if it caused by ping or distance.

I am main thief after 1st day installed game and please, don’t ruin my gameplay. Vault was always my favorite skill (I use staff only in Openworld/Raids) There was nothing wrong with this skill, but now its not even worth to use for me.

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Yeah, supposedly they improved the interaction of the skill with terrain. I seem to remember them doing something similar with shortbow 3, long ago.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I guess the weapon swap thing is some sort of technical limitation we just have to live with, but other than that I’m not experiencing the problems you report unless there’s some weird terrain issues.

Gandara

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It flows better with that shorter aftercast for me. I have not seen any issues with missing targets. Weapon swapping during Vault was intentional if I remember correctly. This update also stopped the Steal/Vault trick. It was very difficult to time but was OP when it worked. It has always had the issue of a second Vault not traveling if it was activated too soon. That actually got better with this patch IMO.

The nerfs in sPvP need to find their way into WvW.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Hello, Wanted to write it under Bug section, but not sure.

I don’t know what Anet did with Staff 5 skill but, its completely broken. Cast animation is slow motion, but not always. also:
Bug: you can’t swap weapon while casting vault. (there is not any skill ingame, that doesn’t let you swap weapon while casting it)
Bug 2: It’s not always hit targets in area. I’ve experienced that in high ping it casts very slow motion and sometimes doesn’t hit enemies on target area.
Bug 3: Sometimes, when you target far, you still casting skill in place you stand.

Skill animation, movement and hit time is always different, I have no idea if it caused by ping or distance.

I am main thief after 1st day installed game and please, don’t ruin my gameplay. Vault was always my favorite skill (I use staff only in Openworld/Raids) There was nothing wrong with this skill, but now its not even worth to use for me.

I have experienced your “Bug 2 and 3” The weapon swapping in my opinion i found no point in that “Fix”. But not my place to mention on it. I recorded a fight with a mesmer on my short term stay in EU, and experienced me vaulting in place although I clicked to go a distance. Maybe it had something to do with me dodging and then trying to vault to to Quickly.

And my ping here in EU isn’t the best, so i do experience the shortened vaults, from time to time. So i can concur

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

I main daredevil and use staff a LOT so it’s needless to say that using vault and aiming it is almost instinctual by now but something has made it kitten near unusable since the patch. Stuff that is in the AoE will just not take damage and it will randomly go slower or not go as far. It’s gotten so bad that I’ve went back to using S/P because vault just feels neutered now.

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Yeah I only hit stuff in the circle closer to char and not past the other half of front of circle, it’s a little awkward because it doesn’t hit reliably with targets in the circle at all – that or it is a symptom of my latency but this is how it’s working for me now.

VAULT is broken !

in Thief

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

Yeah, i was playing with staff yesterday and noticed the hit box is kind of sketchy around the edges. Was sometimes hitting targets on the edge of the AoE and sometimes not.