[VIDEO] Sword-Dagger thief PvP Montage

in Thief

Posted by: Phantom.4157

Phantom.4157

Hey guys. Just made a small video demonstrating sword-dagger and shortbow. I’ve only had a couple days of experience with the weapon set; So constructional criticisms/critiques are welcome.

Thanks for watching!

- Lucifers Gift.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in Thief

Posted by: grind.3681

grind.3681

you look beautifull :P

piken square,necrosis

in Thief

Phantom.4157

Haha! Thanks. Any comments about the actual gameplay? ^^

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

did you invest toughness on your stats?

gears and traits please, thanks

and its refreshing to see a thief that doesnt utilize heavily on stealth ability

(edited by Oldgrimm.8521)

in Thief

Phantom.4157

I have a toughness setup, but no. In this video I have no toughness. My damage is mediocre because I forgot to equip my exotic berserker accessories. Had my MF accessories on by mistake ^^.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

what’s your build in running this setup?

in Thief

Phantom.4157

Armor: Superior Divinity Runes x 6
Weapons: Superior of Force x 3

Traits: 0/30/10/15/15

PM me ingame if you’d like specific details about traits.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in Thief

Phantom.4157

I will be switching out one Superior Sigil of Force for a Sigil of Fire. We’ll see how that works out for me in my next video.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

+ no excessive intro
+ no cheesy Backstabs
+ skillful use of Infiltrator Strike
+ nice bow

- kind of short…but that’s preferable over being too long.
- too many 1v1 vs. upleveled players. They weren’t bad fights, just tipped in your favor.
- Japanese / Korean schmalzsongs? Really…? An odd choice to say the least. Not my cup of tea.

in Thief

Phantom.4157

I will probably up my video duration to around 6-7 minutes rather than 4 minutes in future videos.. Just didn’t want to have the video too lengthy. I preferred keeping the length to one song for this vid.

I’m also well aware of the upleveled issue. Although sometimes this can be inevitable, I will try to avoid that in future videos.

Thanks for the input!

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in Thief

Posted by: Adein.2031

Adein.2031

Nice demo of the weaponset and good use of weapon swapping and Inf. Strike.

Suggestions:

• Add a link to your build and describe your gear in the video description
  • Instead of 2x Sigil of Force (I think I read somewhere that they don’t stack), try 1 Force plus a Sigil of Strength (for might), Sigil of Air (I like it better than Fire), or Sigil of Paralyzation (extended Daze duration).
  • Use Steal (especially if you trait for Mug). Helps you maintain time on target and some of the items you steal (fear, mesmer boons, etc) are amazing. Open with Inf. Strike for the safe port/stun break/cond. removal, then use Steal during the fight/as-needed.
  • Use C&D + Tac. Strike behind your opponent to lock down their skills for a few seconds.

Edit: Forgot to mention, ignore Flanking Strike for now, unless you’re fighting someone that is standing still the whole time. Otherwise you’ll end up 10 feet away from your target wondering where they went.

Adein – SLAY – Thief – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Adein.2031)

in Thief

Phantom.4157

- Yes! I also noticed that I forgot to steal more often to close gaps. It just slipped my mind. I’ll make sure to improve on that.

- I’m well aware of avoiding flanking strike, unless it’s a quick and easy boon removal from a still-target.

- I will make sure to add a link to my build.

Thanks for the tips!

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in Thief

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

Those are some nice crit numbers with S/D, your gear is all zerker?

Ehh, that clip of friendly zerg behind you versus enemy zerg, is kinda.. I don’t know. And the beginning of the music tricked me. Was actually expecting like 1v3s against lvl80s after the intro.

In comparison, examples of melee thief clips that I watched more than once:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYWpKGqtwzY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln7erCr3YRQ

in Thief

Phantom.4157

Was only demonstrating some sword-dagger and shortbow for anyone interested in a quickly made video =]. Don’t worry, there will be much better footage in my next vid. I have some 1v3’s and a bunch of 1v2’s clips saved up already haha.

EDIT: Yes, my gear is all zerker gear, but I’m actually capable of doing alot more damage with the setup. I forgot to equip my exotic accessories.. Had crappy magic find ones on, which took a big toll on my damage output.
Stay tuned! ^^

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |