"Vampire" pvp build thoughts

in Thief

Posted by: Vhenom.5621

Vhenom.5621

Hello my friends! This is a build i created for spvp and i am enjoying very much… but im not a pro player, so if any of you have any insights about it, let me know. Please read the description before comment.

link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQJAsYlcmaPHcS5E+5Ey2jdqC5JuCFV3Dsyq0KA-ToAg0CnIwRhjDHDOScs4MIYWA

Description:

Weapons
S/D – IS > FS > LS > Slice… , repeat / cloak and dagger for stealth (forget #4)
No secondary weapons since theres no room for swap sigils (dps loss in my experience)

Gear
Sigils – +5 dmg and +5 crit, no question about it
Runes of the eagle, also the best in every way for this spec
Zerker with zerker jewel – some would point for valkyries, but the 45 healing gives minor upgrade to the life leeching

Base stats
70% crit chance without trait procs
58% crit dmg
18,6k life
2839 attack

Skills
Signet of Malice (part of the mechanics here with assassins reward, same cooldown of Withdraw, you jusst will dps instead of evade)
Shadow refuge – stealth
Signets for initiative (must) and precision (the main stat for this build)
Dagger storm – extra heal mainly (with dps and stability)

Mechanics
- This build aim for heal per hit/initiative with critical bursts and evasion
(350-600 heal from AR each skill + 110~ from signet of malice per hit… pretty tanky if not a high burst opponent, negates a lot of dmg and needing to active heal)
- Theres no steal (except for jumping to the enemy) – steal is awesome but theres no room for invest in it
- It is a modified default S/D build adding the life leech aspect to survive better instead of having more stealth/steal/vigor traits… it is just a different style to play the same weapons, and for me, it
- Acrobatics instead of Shadow arts, for assassins reward and initiative
- 10 points into shadow arts instead of deadly arts for deception and a little bit of healing… since theres no much point in getting Mug (need to do more tests yet)
- Full Criticals Strikes is a must

Thanks for reading!

(edited by Vhenom.5621)

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Sword doesn’t strike me as the weapon you want to use with SoM – slow swings, IR’s recent nerf, etc.

High burst also doesn’t ring true – It’s Sword MH – Dagger MH with the same setup would be high burst, with Sword MH it’s good sustained damage.

I’m not sure where you’re getting 350-600 AR heal per skill – GW2 skills (Which appears updated for the Dec 10th changes) is reporting 225-450.

I wouldn’t call 100 toughness over base tanky.

You could mitigate the low condition removal by swapping Master of deception (which is only helping a single utility) for Shadow’s Embrace. I’d also drop Quick Recovery for Pain response. Quick recovery used to boost your Init regen ~25%..now it’s 10% – hardly worth it for a master tier trait.

I’m not saying it won’t work, but I’m not confident it’ll be anything special without some testing, TBH.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Thief

Vhenom.5621

I will definetely try D/D tonight, and try some testing on trais (pain response and shadow embrace)… i am already missing initiative, so i though quic recovery was a must, but maybe really dont make a difference, lets see… thanks

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I will definetely try D/D tonight, and try some testing on trais (pain response and shadow embrace)… i am already missing initiative, so i though quic recovery was a must, but maybe really dont make a difference, lets see… thanks

If you’re used to Opportunist/Quick recovery pre-patch, the post-patch version isn’t going to do much to solve your woes IMO. IS isn’t bad (since the active is a great gap closer/emergency stun breaker) and helps justify the passive.

Pain response will help with conditions, and 13s of regen works well with your steady trickle heal style.

I’d also test with Furious Retal over Practiced Tolerance – you don’t have the toughness to make the extra health really worth much, and 20% bonus crit for 13s when you drop your target into executioner range is going to make nearly every one of your swings a crit.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Vhenom.5621

If you’re used to Opportunist/Quick recovery pre-patch, the post-patch version isn’t going to do much to solve your woes IMO. IS isn’t bad (since the active is a great gap closer/emergency stun breaker) and helps justify the passive.

Pain response will help with conditions, and 13s of regen works well with your steady trickle heal style.

I’d also test with Furious Retal over Practiced Tolerance – you don’t have the toughness to make the extra health really worth much, and 20% bonus crit for 13s when you drop your target into executioner range is going to make nearly every one of your swings a crit.

Great, i will test it tonight and will update here… all your ideas seems to make sense.

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

you are using sword. i stopped reading.

yup . . . sad . . . but . . .

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Hello my friends! This is a build i created for spvp and i am enjoying very much… but im not a pro player, so if any of you have any insights about it, let me know. Please read the description before comment.

link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQJAsYlcmaPHcS5E+5Ey2jdqC5JuCFV3Dsyq0KA-ToAg0CnIwRhjDHDOScs4MIYWA

Description:

Weapons
S/D – IS > FS > LS > Slice… , repeat / cloak and dagger for stealth (forget #4)
No secondary weapons since theres no room for swap sigils (dps loss in my experience)

Gear
Sigils – +5 dmg and +5 crit, no question about it
Runes of the eagle, also the best in every way for this spec
Zerker with zerker jewel – some would point for valkyries, but the 45 healing gives minor upgrade to the life leeching

Base stats
70% crit chance without trait procs
58% crit dmg
18,6k life
2839 attack

Skills
Signet of Malice (part of the mechanics here with assassins reward, same cooldown of Withdraw, you jusst will dps instead of evade)
Shadow refuge – stealth
Signets for initiative (must) and precision (the main stat for this build)
Dagger storm – extra heal mainly (with dps and stability)

Mechanics
- This build aim for heal per hit/initiative with critical bursts and evasion
(350-600 heal from AR each skill + 110~ from signet of malice per hit… pretty tanky if not a high burst opponent, negates a lot of dmg and needing to active heal)
- Theres no steal (except for jumping to the enemy) – steal is awesome but theres no room for invest in it
- It is a modified default S/D build adding the life leech aspect to survive better instead of having more stealth/steal/vigor traits… it is just a different style to play the same weapons, and for me, it
- Acrobatics instead of Shadow arts, for assassins reward and initiative
- 10 points into shadow arts instead of deadly arts for deception and a little bit of healing… since theres no much point in getting Mug (need to do more tests yet)
- Full Criticals Strikes is a must

Thanks for reading!

Typical sd build. You only changed runes and heal. lol.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Just wanted to point out that

S/D – IS > FS > LS > Slice

Should be

S/D – FS(precast) > IS > Slice > LS > Slice > FS > Slice > LS > Slice… Well you get the idea

More DPS, less init cost, may be able to use init regen for smith else
Otherwise looks interesting

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

you are using sword. i stopped reading.

yup . . . sad . . . but . . .

heh the mod took this post away.