Vault hack or working as intended?

in Thief

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Today I encountered a thief that kept spamming vault over and over again; I s**it you not, he kept spamming it like it was 1111111.
The first vault I dodged, second I dodged, third I use whirl on great sword to evade,
I counted the number of vaults connected on the game logs and they came out to be 6.

Did I encountered a hacker or working as intended?

in Thief

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

in Thief

Posted by: Raven.8941

Raven.8941

he might have used the bound dodger trait as well, so that his dodges are weaker vaults
Vault is 5 ini so if he has full ini he can spam it 3 times and has 0 ini left afterwards, no good thief would do that

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

quick pocket, double staff, infiltrator signet, init on steal.

I think you can make a decent amount of vault but it’s a gimmick build.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Also add acro’s initiative gain on evade into the mix and natural initiative regeneration and it ends up being pushed to five consecutive evades per 15 init with cast times factored in. QP and Kleptomaniac push a recovery back to 5 and the two signets and endurance on swap will keep the thief (using bound which looks very similar to vault) pretty much infinitely able to dodge.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Probably used bound for dodge, it looks similar, along with acro, trickery trait etc.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Fought a vault spam thief the other day. He was on a double thief team but the other thief was…bad mechanically.

It required…effort. The key was staying mobile. Once he lost his initiative he lacked a lot of his closing power.

I run venoms, so I forced his first cleanse and then loaded him up a second time and he dropped fairly quickly. This was a duel after the match was over. The final moments were touch and go though. He had some serious damage and came close to downing me towards the end.

Ranged tends to win out I think over evade builds just because, despite all the evades, they are very melee range oriented.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

sounds like my build XD was the thief con?

in Thief

saerni.2584

No power vault spam :p Rise was the guild.

Other thief was D/P sadness.

Thief (Daredevil)

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Oh… then you have not seen cancer version of that build XD that build pretty easy to beat if you know vault punish frames. it require abit more pin point timing then just pushing butten an landing a hit.

the way build play out is you do 1 vault for every 2 dodge then you can eva forever. but just because you can eva forever does not mean you can not be punished.

last 1/4 of vault is punishable means on a 3/4 skill is .75 seconds the .25 of it is attackable.

an on Dodge is 3/4 skill at 0.75 seconds an attackable at 0.1 second an start of a dodge at .1 is attackable as well.

that the key to beating a thief that rely on dodging . <- is why most thief play d/p rely on blind vs eva move.

in Thief

saerni.2584

I like fighting thieves because the mechanics usually result in more intense fights. Warriors too when you are fighting a mace – zerker are dancing on thin ice, very little room for error.

Less fun are the ones that can bunker like ele or DH for an extended period of time and take the intensity out of the fight. Sure, maybe I can kill them eventually but they risk much less with constant healing (plenty of full hp resets).

Thief (Daredevil)

in Thief

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

Big thief zerk with that build in wvw would be amazing sight. Jumping thieves everywhere
Use stealth and surprise enemy groups. That would make wvw much more entertaining.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Big thief zerk with that build in wvw would be amazing sight. Jumping thieves everywhere
Use stealth and surprise enemy groups. That would make wvw much more entertaining.

Nothing is more entertaining or scary than 40+ MM necros zerg.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>