Vault overtuned

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

Vault is obviously overtuned. It hits 8,5k into a marauder character and I have less dodgerolls than the vaults thief can hit. Also he can set it up with step or steal so this is really bad in my opinion. It should require more initiative or the damage should be lowered alongside with evade being removed from the skill.

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Merkurijus.5823

Merkurijus.5823

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marauder_Amulet You’re using a close-to-glass-cannon amulet and come here complaining that you’re being hit too hard?

Really?
Seriously?
What did you expect would happen?

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

“i have less dodgerolls than the vaults thief can hit”

…you do have other defense/mitigation mechanics on ranger you realize this right?

you can’t use steal or any other teleports mid-vault because it’s ground-targeted, it’s ridiculously well broadcasted, the evade on it is very short meaning you can actually hit the thief well before they even land the damage part of the attack with CC/blind/weakness, and if they miss it has a noticable aftercast allowing for easy punishes.

i havent had any issues playing against staff thieves while using d/p, s/d, p/p and even p/d.

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Don’t bother with this thread. Same guy is in Revenant forum calling for a nerf for Unrelenting Assault too because its “OP”.

Mentioned thread

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

As a ranger, if a thief is:

> not further from you than 800 range
> hitting you up close

and you are

>not running sword/signet of stone and are marauder

Something is wrong, and it isnt the thief.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Vault is obviously overtuned. It hits 8,5k into a marauder character and I have less dodgerolls than the vaults thief can hit. Also he can set it up with step or steal so this is really bad in my opinion. It should require more initiative or the damage should be lowered alongside with evade being removed from the skill.

That’s what happens to anyone not carrying toughness stats…a risk they are willing to take — it’s the Vault’s fault.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Vault is perfectly fine the way it is. It does do a lot of damage and has that much needed evade frame at the beginning but this move is still difficult to land because of the velocity and very obvious animation. You have to usually lead your target to get it to hit and your target doesn’t always go where you think they are going because of sudden direction changes and just targeting where they are is too slow. This is how a skill like this should be and how power creep on abilities should work. The more rewarding the skill is the more difficult it should be to successfully perform. Plus the whole risk part evens out because it is easy to CC the thief in the air, where stunbreaks don’t work, leaving the thief very open to damage.

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Vault is perfectly fine the way it is. It does do a lot of damage and has that much needed evade frame at the beginning but this move is still difficult to land because of the velocity and very obvious animation. You have to usually lead your target to get it to hit and your target doesn’t always go where you think they are going because of sudden direction changes and just targeting where they are is too slow. This is how a skill like this should be and how power creep on abilities should work. The more rewarding the skill is the more difficult it should be to successfully perform. Plus the whole risk part evens out because it is easy to CC the thief in the air, where stunbreaks don’t work, leaving the thief very open to damage.

The very reason I carry Scorpion Wire. It has 3 uses; 1) to perfectly hit with vault, 2) to perfectly hit with Fist Flurry, and 3) it’s my interrupt skill.

Vault deals so much damage, I won’t lie, but I don’t agree that it should be nerfed.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I think vault is absolutely overtuned, the damage alone needs to be looked are for a nerf yet alone the mechanics.

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

I think vault is absolutely overtuned, the damage alone needs to be looked are for a nerf yet alone the mechanics.

I mainly use Vault for the evade and damage… if I don’t need the evade though, only the damage I use Staff #2, as it deals almost the same amount of damage, if set up correctly, while costing only 3 initiative (WvW solo roamer)

PvP, Teef & Engi

Vault overtuned

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Vault is extremely telegraphed. If you can’t dodge, block, blind, interrupt, or otherwise move out of the way of this skill, how do you handle other high damage, high predictability moves? The general consensus is that thief and daredevil are very easy to handle for nearly every other class since HoT hit. If Vault was an actual problem, this would not be the case.