Venom Revamp and Burning.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

The cool-down does not start until after you use every tick of the venom.

This has been at the top of my head for a good bit, this fixes and improves the venom traits and skills.

Traits

Quick Venoms and Master of Deception switched places, Quick Venoms is now in Shadow Arts, Master of Deception moved to Deadly Arts.

Leeching Venoms
Steal health when triggering a venom and deals damage. (condition.)
This can only occur once per strike.

Venomous Aura – When you use a venom skill, you apply the effects to all nearby allies as well. (Range Increased to 1200.)

Skills

Spider Venom (Instant, 25 second cool-down.)
Poison and Bleed foes with your next five attacks. This effect can only occur once every second.
Poison: 6 s (504 damage)
Bleed: 6 s (225 damage)
Duration: 30 s

Basilisk Venom (Instant, 45 second cool-down.)
Your next attack turns your foe to stone. This effect can only occur once every ten seconds.
Stone duration: 1.5 s
Venom duration: 30 s

Devourer Venom (Instant, 25 second cool-down.)
Your next two attacks Immobilize, Blind and Reveal. This effect can only occur once every two seconds.
Immobilized: 2 s
Blind: 2 s
Reveal: 2 s

Ice Drake Venom (Instant, 25 second cool-down.)
Chill and Burn your foes with the next three attacks. This effect can only occur once every two seconds.
Chilled: 2 s
Burning: 2 s

Skale Venom (Instant, 25 second cool-down.)
Apply Torment and Bleeding to your next three attacks. This effect can only occur once every two seconds.
Bleeding: 8 s (340 damage)
Torment: 5 s (160 damage)

This would give Thieves a viable non-troll condition spec that does not rely on stealth, in fact if he took the venom traits he can’t really stealth.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Like the idea with the venoms effects though id prefer if the traits were moved to deadly arts insteadso as to benefit more from condition duration. I believe also something should be done about residual venom as right now its underperforming, maybe even a merge with another venom trait. The main problem with venom traits in shadow arts imo is that you ned to invest into a tree tha give you no real beenfit from stats and it has no synergy with the minor traits of that tree. moving more traits to shadow arts would hurt the survivability in small encounters as you d already given up utility slots for offensive utilities that work well in group fights.

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Just make venoms like ranger’s spirits, with exception you don’t summon any mobs, and it doesn’t benefit teammates around you (venom share would make it).

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Example:

Ice Drake Venom (Instant, 45 second cool-down.)
Chill and Burn your foes when you attack for the next 10 seconds. 1 second internal cooldown (tbh would loose this so you could do aoe conditions).

Prefer a timelimit than a number of strikes that are normally blocked or hit a pet/illusion/minon.

Would be worth giving up a decent utility skill now.

in Thief

Daecollo.9578

Example:

Ice Drake Venom (Instant, 45 second cool-down.)
Chill and Burn your foes when you attack for the next 10 seconds. 1 second internal cooldown (tbh would loose this so you could do aoe conditions).

Prefer a timelimit than a number of strikes that are normally blocked or hit a pet/illusion/minon.

Would be worth giving up a decent utility skill now.

Erm, that is my example.

“This can only occur once every two seconds.” (It is a time limit.)

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Steal should be a utility and venoms should be the F-key skills.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Residual Venom remake suggestion : “Venom charges do not get consumed on Miss, Block, Evade, Invulnerable or Obstructed”

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I drank one of my venom vials once. There was burning. Once going down. And then... half a day later. Other end.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Daecollo.9578

I drank one of my venom vials once. There was burning. Once going down. And then… half a day later. Other end.

Sounds painful.

in Thief

Daecollo.9578

Bumpidy bump bump