Venomous Aura

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Posted by: Arsenic.8259

Arsenic.8259

Does anyone else feel this should have a bigger range? It seems really really small for me.

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Yes, the range is hideous. It’s barely any use at all unless your team stacks on you.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Posted by: Kitono.9152

Kitono.9152

I agree. I would be very content if it was a 900-1200 range like most other support buffs. It would provide incentive for more thieves to go support instead of GC burst thereby reducing thief OP QQ.
I would also like to see them fix it so venoms scaled on power like they actually stated and would like to see venom durations stack better.
I understand the issue with that though because that’s a lot of duration with shared poisons so let’s switch basilisk to 4 or 5 charges of a random condition. (Blind, immob, weakness, chill, cripple, all the non dmging ones or make them all dmging ones like bleed,fire, confusion.)

Nighthound – Thief

(edited by Kitono.9152)

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Kitono.9152

Or since basilisk is weak by itself in comparison with say Moa. Add a boon removal to it.

Nighthound – Thief

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Posted by: Lymain.6723

Lymain.6723

Yes, I wish the radius was larger. Alternatively, the short range may be justifiable if Leeching Venoms shared.

[AS] Tarnished Coast

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Kitono.9152

Li disagree. Most would say they avoid venom share builds because of the range. So in order to maintain build balance among thieves best to make it viable with increased raNGE.

Nighthound – Thief

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Arsenic.8259

To make it be good all it would need is a bigger range. I don’t say poisons should scale with power.
I also want a +20 or 33% bleed duration in talents like almost every other class.

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Arsenic.8259

I agree. I would be very content if it was a 900-1200 range like most other support buffs. It would provide incentive for more thieves to go support instead of GC burst thereby reducing thief OP QQ.
I would also like to see them fix it so venoms scaled on power like they actually stated and would like to see venom durations stack better.
I understand the issue with that though because that’s a lot of duration with shared poisons so let’s switch basilisk to 4 or 5 charges of a random condition. (Blind, immob, weakness, chill, cripple, all the non dmging ones or make them all dmging ones like bleed,fire, confusion.)

It would not stop the QQ, you can trait out the venom share build to roll in WvW as a bleed spec and I am starting to see lots of people QQ over our 4 second pistol bleeds.

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I curious of this my self, on holidays at the moment, but when i get back, i want change my main pve build around a bit. Been thinking of going back into venom share for pve WvW, very little experience with that build in that environment. (try it in spvp a few times, but that it) Anyone here with some what success with it?

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Posted by: Negated.4105

Negated.4105

imo this thread is soo good, yeah the range is kittening terrible the amount of time in spvp I popped that and my team was within reasonable distance, maybe 2 arms/3 arms length still I always thought they would receive it till they said the distance isn’t as far as I’m thinking, I guess the trait wasn’t really used till as of late, people branching out noticing the problems with minor unused traits.

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Arsenic.8259

I curious of this my self, on holidays at the moment, but when i get back, i want change my main pve build around a bit. Been thinking of going back into venom share for pve WvW, very little experience with that build in that environment. (try it in spvp a few times, but that it) Anyone here with some what success with it?

Venom share in WvW is kittenty, but you can trait it out for a good bleed spec. Trade venomous aura for shadow reju. Stealth blinds and gives regen. And some others. And it works. 30 in shadow arts is a must for me for any build I do.

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Arsenic.8259

imo this thread is soo good, yeah the range is kittening terrible the amount of time in spvp I popped that and my team was within reasonable distance, maybe 2 arms/3 arms length still I always thought they would receive it till they said the distance isn’t as far as I’m thinking, I guess the trait wasn’t really used till as of late, people branching out noticing the problems with minor unused traits.

Well, it’s really the only support we can give, not counting blind/stealth.
For venoms they heal and get 2 stacks of might.
What sucks is with the build, we are locked into certain traits. It’s really, a cookie cutter build for venom share.

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Kitono.9152

Honestly I’d be happier if they increased the range, nerf the duration .5 seconds on each but made the durations stackable on all venoms. Would also be nice if I could process life leach on more than one poison at a time. Would be nice if we had a heal that counted as a venom too.
But mostly I’d be happy with increased share range.

Nighthound – Thief

(edited by Kitono.9152)

Venomous Aura

in Thief

Posted by: Vorpal Smilodon.3025

Vorpal Smilodon.3025

Range increase on this is vital – I tried this build out a few times, but staying stacked with your teammates while all five of you are actively dodging and maneuvering is basically impossible