Venomshare to be meta in HoT? (sPvP)

in Thief

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Currently we do not know what our elite specialization will be. However, if we play with the talent calculator, it seems that Deadly Arts, Trickery, and Shadow arts will be the new bread and butter for D/P thieves. The GM traits for shadow arts are: Cloaked in Shadows (blind on stealth), Shadow’s Rejuv (healing while stealthed), And Venomous Aura (Share venoms and 20% cooldown reduction)

Healing while stealthed would be nice and all, but we can live without it. Blind on stealth is meh for a GM trait. Which leaves Venomshare.

Venomous Aura would make our basilisk venom on a 32second cooldown and share it with nearby friendlies.

I think that this would be awesome in teamfights.

Any thoughts?

Baer

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Saying ,,venomshare to be meta" is like saying mug is meta today.
Venomshare is utterly underpowered; or to be precise – venoms are.
Even if somebody would run with it, that would be only because they don’t have anything else to slot for some reason.
Maybe devs could surprise us and make venoms actually any useful since HoT – that is their total redesign.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Mug is meta today lolz, sign of a bad thief is that they don’t run mug cause it’s so blatantly op compared to any other adept in the game

And venoms, especially in group environments are ridiculously op when used properly.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

been seeing a rising number of premades in unranked games useing venom share – mainly on the cortyard map though.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Venoms are getting nerfed as far as what’s been revealed with the trait rework so far, so no, I doubt it they will see much use in HoT.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Mug is meta today lolz, sign of a bad thief is that they don’t run mug cause it’s so blatantly op compared to any other adept in the game

And venoms, especially in group environments are ridiculously op when used properly.

mug is only really good with 6 into trickery and SoH

to call a thief bad because he doesnt run mug is riddicolous

in Thief

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

Saying ,,venomshare to be meta" is like saying mug is meta today.
Venomshare is utterly underpowered; or to be precise – venoms are.
Even if somebody would run with it, that would be only because they don’t have anything else to slot for some reason.
Maybe devs could surprise us and make venoms actually any useful since HoT – that is their total redesign.

This is the words of someone who has never seen a good Vemon thief working with a group. My WvW Party has managed to hold down a spawn of 20+ players thanks to the work of a Venom thief running a good build. Never count them out just because they are weak solo.

Too true. Venoms can turn the tide of a battle too fast for most players to even realize what happened. I’ve been running it for close to a year now and Its always funny to see how fast the enemy start trying to spike me down and out when they realize why we keep stomping them.

Venoms are getting nerfed as far as what’s been revealed with the trait rework so far, so no, I doubt it they will see much use in HoT.

From what Ive seen, my Thief wont be getting any kind of a nerf in the new system. Where did you see otherwise? Been very concerned about my build surviving the upcoming Expansion.

in Thief

Drennon.7190

I think there is some confusion. Assuming you take shadows arts, would sharing our basalisk venom be more beneficial than rejuvenation from stealth? I don’t mean taking a whole bar of venoms.

Baer

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

s/p… …
and it will be cheesy.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

meta will prolly be rifle traper imo

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

share is good. it’s definitely not underpowered on small scale up to zergy plays. but the amount you have to sacrifice to reach it…ahuehuehue.

in Thief

Drennon.7190

What would you have to sacrifice in HoT? You automatically get the full 6 points if you choose the traitline. If you decide to run D/P – Shortbow, I cant see taking anything other than Deadly arts, trickery, and shadow arts. Basically you need to decide between venomous aura and shadows rejuv.

Baer

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

From what Ive seen, my Thief wont be getting any kind of a nerf in the new system. Where did you see otherwise? Been very concerned about my build surviving the upcoming Expansion.

Based on the notes from Dulfy, Shared Leeching Venoms is getting an ICD, or the entirety of Leeching Venoms is. It mentioned the Life Siphon Cooldown is 1 second, something which currently doesn’t exist.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-thief-shadow-arts-specialziation1.jpg

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

What would you have to sacrifice in HoT? You automatically get the full 6 points if you choose the traitline. If you decide to run D/P – Shortbow, I cant see taking anything other than Deadly arts, trickery, and shadow arts. Basically you need to decide between venomous aura and shadows rejuv.

my post was meant to a reply that did not have hot in mind.
also not everybody is in love with sa and can make some use of other lines so yes it is alot but a very good one. current and in hot.

(edited by godofcows.2451)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

If you think venomshare is meh, check YT for some “venom wells” vids.

Although my fav is to get our thief load basi when I play ele, I switch to lighting rod that combined adds 3-5k to my initial burst.

Immob and basi is all you need.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Currently we do not know what our elite specialization will be. However, if we play with the talent calculator, it seems that Deadly Arts, Trickery, and Shadow arts will be the new bread and butter for D/P thieves. The GM traits for shadow arts are: Cloaked in Shadows (blind on stealth), Shadow’s Rejuv (healing while stealthed), And Venomous Aura (Share venoms and 20% cooldown reduction)

Healing while stealthed would be nice and all, but we can live without it. Blind on stealth is meh for a GM trait. Which leaves Venomshare.

Venomous Aura would make our basilisk venom on a 32second cooldown and share it with nearby friendlies.

I think that this would be awesome in teamfights.

Any thoughts?

My reaction.

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

By this same logic, any thief that does not run 6 in SA is a sign of a bad thief because SA is the most superior sustain trait line?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Panic Strike + Executioner + entire Trickery trait line + sharing Basilisk Venom as you approach a point? Yeah, 60606 using Venomous Aura would be a massacre. Forget the leeching or the might stacking or any condition damage or healing, the simple act of being able to share Basilisk stacks to the team fight without sacrificing any of your damage potential is staggering (remember that stats are being taken away from traits and staying on amulets, so you have all the Precision + Ferocity you could ever want from the old Critical Strikes line without investing in it and Executioner is in DA now).

For Stronghold or WvW? Not a chance. This is purely a Conquest-based monster.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Depending on how condition heavy the new meta will be, one could even consider slotting full support in the SA line.
Something like merciful ambush – leeching venoms – venomous aura.
It will certainly be the first thing, I try. I don’t really feel the need to trait for condi remove, because currently I can do just fine without.
The only question is whether it’d be worthwhile to drop signet or refuge for devourer venom.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.