Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Posted by: Drevin.6078

Drevin.6078

I would really like to see some of the guys who are putting up some of the really great info on builds and play tips to hold like a question / answer seminar over vent or mumble or webcast or something like that where people could interact in game and maybe all of these posts from people who cant seem to get the class would be really nice. Thers some really good players out ther that could do the rest of the comunity alot of good in this way.

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Posted by: Dronin.3957

Dronin.3957

The problem is that all of us Theif’s play differently and have different ideas on whats good and whats not. It may end up in a debate

The best way to learn is trial and error… practice makes perfect and all that… failing that come and ask on the forum and someone will do their best to help out…

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Posted by: Drevin.6078

Drevin.6078

its not that i have an issue i love the thief class and have learned alopt from the information left by alll of the helpful people in the comunity. its that i see alot of people complaining about the class and how they are dying to much and all that so i think a beginners (class) would help out alot of these people i see with issues on here. i think it would be alot easier and more informative to show what your doing with the build as well as just putting it in writing and trying to explain it. like i said you could also ask questions. its the same as the forums but i think it would help those just starting out and those who are having problems learning the class. it would also clean up the foru,ms a little bit so thers not so many of the same (IM DYING TO MUCH) posts. but just an idea. pardon me if its a stupid one

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Dronin.3957

Its not stupid

Perhaps its a little project for you? I don’t have my server box anymore else id offer it to help you organize it to see if its any help

A Theif twitter could work too I suppose?

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Posted by: obtuse.8291

obtuse.8291

My suggestion is to start up a podcast or reach out to Mog radio / the siege podcast and offer to help organize this a a community tutorial process

I am the super thief

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Posted by: Erbun.3564

Erbun.3564

I think this would be awesome.

Dronin brings up a great point, but not for the reason he thinks.

Thieves in this game seem to have many more viable builds then the standard “cookie cutter” you see in most games, and from what I hear many classes are like this. This makes it all the more important that thieves could do a q/a type thing with the more publicly known thieves.

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Dronin.3957

Erbun, that was exactly my reason

Everyone has a different play style and things they like to enjoy,

Some of the strongest Theif builds revolve around the pistol/dagger kiting condition damage but they are not popular just because you don’t get the awesome big numbers and your time to kill is higher.

I have a bit of a love affair with black powder and headshot for pvp and pve so I like d/p for pvp and s/p for pve….. I do occasionally do a p/d build for a totally different play style however… although I miss my big numbers

(edited by Dronin.3957)

Ventrillo Thief Seminar?

in Thief

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

I think this would be a good way to use it as a forum of thief tools and builds. I still learn things to this day from my fellow thieves and getting more information out to players who ARENT thiefs is always good.

However, and this is a BIG however, the people involved have to be able to say something is TOO good for us. If we are just cheer leaders then it doesnt do any good.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

(edited by Melphina.9035)