[Video] Acro D/D Thief: Roaming 4

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

My 4th roaming video, now on Jade Quarry

I’m glad to have posted this, I waited a while because I kind of forgot about it and I wasn’t sure if I liked the last 2 fights in the video…but I decided to release anyways. As you may notice I’m running a new build, 0/6/2/6/0, which you may think is terrible, or innovative, but I’ve been running this for several months now with pretty good success.

There are many variants to this build, but here is the one that I prefer:

Originally I ran hidden killer with cruelty stacks; I now run invigorating precision combined with assassin’s reward for insane CnD + Backstab damage+healing. Acro D/D is played pretty differently from the traditional full SA. You have to be much more aggressive and active in the fight to be successful. And I think I like it a lot more than the SA playstyle. It lacks opening burst, but has more sustained burst due to fluid strikes (10% damage when endurance is not full) and is very fun to play.

Sorry for my SA vs Acro rant, here is the info:

Edited using: Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Songs in order:
8 Dawn Music- Indestructible
Position Music- Extra Dimensional
Varien- Cloak And Dagger
SAVOY & Heather Bright- So Bad

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

First of all cool vid – nice fights in there against pew pew rangers and condi thieves

I think I prefer the HiddenKiller variant maybe after the buff to Invigorating Precision it would be better but I felt your healing wasn’t that noticeable even with kitten . Reward I barely noticed it – not to mention you did not crit THAT often are you in mostly zerker gear?

Overall cool stuff +1

in Thief

alchemyst.2165

Yeah, I’m in mostly zerker gear and get around 40+ crit chance with oils. And yes, the reward and invig. precision does not seem noticeable at times, but compared to not having either one it’s a huge difference. It helps make up for the lack of sustain from shadow’s rejuvenation. After the patch it should be a lot better, too.

But trust me, it does help a lot, but you can run hidden killer for extra damage which is good. Also note that in a lot of points in the vid I was using cruelty stacks rather than perception, which is what I normally use, so I crit much more often.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

I really would prefer feline grace over cloaked in shadow honestly. Blind during stealth might be useful against melee range but dodging is just the best way to mitigate damage, with pew pew rangers ahead you get to gap close easier. Awesome video dude, love the previous one too.

in Thief

alchemyst.2165

I really would prefer feline grace over cloaked in shadow honestly. Blind during stealth might be useful against melee range but dodging is just the best way to mitigate damage, with pew pew rangers ahead you get to gap close easier. Awesome video dude, love the previous one too.

Thanks! I don’t use blind on stealth actually, I use shadow’s embrace, and I get feline grace from 6 in acro.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I was disappointed when you burst that condi Thief and it didn’t die. I think you have too much heal that your damage output suffered. Then again, it might just be the whole problem with Thief’s low burst due to consecutive nerfs.

IMO, you played Thief well enough to not have to rely on both IP and AR. I think you’re better off to invest in more power/damage and keep only IP instead of both. I’m sure that with more power/damage, you’ll easily replace the heal from AR since it will heal you for more from your auto-attacks.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

alchemyst.2165

I was disappointed when you burst that condi Thief and it didn’t die. I think you have too much heal that your damage output suffered. Then again, it might just be the whole problem with Thief’s low burst due to consecutive nerfs.

IMO, you played Thief well enough to not have to rely on both IP and AR. I think you’re better off to invest in more power/damage and keep only IP instead of both. I’m sure that with more power/damage, you’ll easily replace the heal from AR since it will heal you for more from your auto-attacks.

Yeah, I definitely will experiment with just IP after patch and try out fleet shadow or investing into a different traitline. And yeah, it is a bit harder to burst condi thieves since they most likely run dire. IMO, this build is more about sustained bursting, that way you sustain yourself and kill your enemy simultaneously. It is hard to run without hidden killer or executioner, but it is very possible. I think I may try out running more precision-based gear, that way I get more dps and sustain at the same time.

And thanks for the comment