[Video] Attrition/Venom thief + suggestions.

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

First of all, this build actually made me think of wild bill when I wrote this. I spent like 10 hours trying to find a good use for S/D, but Mesmer phantasm builds completely beats it, doesn’t hurt elementalists at all, bunker rangers/guardians arguably laughs it off.

As a comment, Venoms are far too weak to be used in a group setting. If any devs are reading this, I hope you change usage of venoms to be swings and not per unit. I.E, if I use a sword and hit 3 different things, all 3 should get poisoned while ONLY using 1 charge of the poison (except for basilisk).

Whether or not this proves to be OP remains to be seen, but venoms are pretty much worthless, if any mobs or clones that another profession create eats up all the venom. And given how you cannot control the sword swings, it might as well be a gimmicky build.

In this regard, I think WvW team battles will be very interesting if thieves get to contribute in a team battle (just make sure that venom share is balanced by limiting the venom share somehow). PvP teams will see a different kind of playstyle and maybe bring some refreshing change to thieves.

And finally, this build likewise doesn’t beat the above matches mentioned earlier. Can’t even touch them. Out of the games, I lost to every single high skilled players with DPS builds, or just bunker it off. Except warriors… well, I couldn’t find any warriors winning anything at all.

Last thing I want to add is the steal trait… 45 Seconds? Too long… I think this should get to 30 seconds for it to work well.

Weapon sigils -

Force/Hydromancer/Paralyzation/Hydromancer.

Edit: Since wild bill is running the same trait line, you can pick follow his P/D build and fight mesmers (I have not tried it), and it might work well against them. From what I heard, they don’t do well against conditions.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Hm. You’re right. It make more sense if you go force for sword, didn’t remember the nerf on PvP.