[Video]: Coloxus S/D NO stealth

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

so tired of the D/P stealth abuse build. i wanna try evade spam abuse! now running 0/30/0/30/10 still on testing build but i wanna try all possible build for S/D soon. im new in this style but i wanna master it ASAP! feel free to comment, hate or any suggestions to improve my playing style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ufQZHJgHaw&list=UU-SjU98hzx0-TdRsxXuf6kg&index=1

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

so tired of the D/P stealth abuse build. i wanna try evade spam abuse! now running 0/30/0/30/10 still on testing build but i wanna try all possible build for S/D soon. im new in this style but i wanna master it ASAP! feel free to comment, hate or any suggestions to improve my playing style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ufQZHJgHaw&list=UU-SjU98hzx0-TdRsxXuf6kg&index=1

please try to watch in 720p. 480 is kinda blurry

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowskill.9852

Shadowskill.9852

-Love this build.
-FUN as all hell.
-High skill Level

Having said that though, I find it lacking in WvW. When the Zerg train comes calling you have no escape. Its pretty much stand your ground and go out like a BOSS.

Keep’em coming.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

very fun and very annoying to play against. nice video! agree w/ shadow its best in pve/spvp. nj

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

-Love this build.
-FUN as all hell.
-High skill Level

Having said that though, I find it lacking in WvW. When the Zerg train comes calling you have no escape. Its pretty much stand your ground and go out like a BOSS.

Keep’em coming.

ya this build aint good in wvw even roaming type lol.. id rather do the D/P way in wvw. but this S/D build so fun in tpvp and spvp! LOL

in Thief

Travlane.5948

if u trait it right u can do d/p main and s/d backup like i do in wvw when roaming . i run 0 30 20 20 0 and it doubles well..

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

i just switching swords with energy sigil to gain 50% endurance and 3 initiative trait when weapon swap

in Thief

Travlane.5948

u trait for 3 intit on weapon swap :P ….so many other good things. i mean if trolling yeah i get it.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

u trait for 3 intit on weapon swap :P ….so many other good things. i mean if trolling yeah i get it.

Yeah…when you have the initiative and endurance to nearly always be porting in and out, evade most attacks via dodges and FS, and critting 7/10 of your attacks (without counting opportunist, side strikes, and fury), you’ll see why 3 init on weapon switch (you cant type “swap” too close to the word “is” or the insane language filter might think you’re trying to misspell kitten ) is so insanely good with this spec. It plays like a thief was designed – you never stop moving, you hit consistently hard, and you’re hard to pin down.

Mind you, if you get pinned down, you melt, but that’s true for any GC thief spec, and this one is harder to pin down than most.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

Only cons in this build is aoe condition spam like trapper rangers w/20% cooldown on traps and aoe condi necros.

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Try venoms 30-0-20-20-0 leeching venoms plus increased recharge rate plus healing and damage on steal. Also rune of the adventurer is nice to help keep dodging.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

I love the crap out of this build, seriously. Best part is you can contest points.

I’m going to shout this build from the rooftops, and tell all my guild members. If you ask me, its more annoying then your run of the mill stealth build.

(edited by Tempest Darqmane.4862)

in Thief

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

When they changed the revealed buff to 4s i came up with a dodge based build arround the SB 0/30/0/25/15 evade spam and i gotta say it’s the most fun i ever had in the 1500 hours i have on my thief.

i use D/P rather than S/D but not on the stealth way, i just like the gap closer, my strategy is to waste the enemy to 30% with the shortbow then swap to D/P do a shadow shot and a heartseeker, works 100% of the time.

in Thief

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

Also i use it for roaming in WvW and normal spvp and tpvp, it has a kinda medium high skillcap which i love!

Also i use Shadow step, SR and SoS(in wvw)

in Thief

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

Using something like this in pve too and man is it fun

in Thief

Posted by: feistyweasel.1790

feistyweasel.1790

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-New-S-D-Duels-Vs-D-P-Video-Guide-INC
I’m not even going to watch your entire video because I already know this video is much higher caliber gameplay. You’re a little late to hop on the jumper x bandwagon. That build might work to annoy people in hot joins but then again anything works in hot joins.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

@fiesty the d/p thief may have been good…but what i saw was him overplaying his capabilities within that build. d/p…“is” supposed to (when playing a theif) slow down …stay invis a lil longer and make smarter decision(wait til the gap when all stunbreaks are gone and low endurance then bs) hence a GOOD thief vs a GOOD thief usually is a draw. a great thief vs a great thief is always a draw.

(edited by Travlane.5948)

in Thief

feistyweasel.1790

@fiesty the d/p thief may have been good…but what i saw was him overplaying his capabilities within that build. d/ kitten upposed to (when playing a theif) slow down …stay invis a lil longer and make smarter decision(wait til the gap when all stunbreaks are gone and low endurance then bs) hence a GOOD thief vs a GOOD thief usually is a draw. a great thief vs a great thief is always a draw.

can you say that again in english? you flood the forums with a lot of nonsense.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

there i fixed the the “d/p ls supposed” if u look it says PlSS and the grammar correcter blocked it out. but it makes perfect sense. what didnt you understand. i can use small words if that helps? none of what i say is nonsense…..hence me showing videos and the only person to also show realistic s. nobody else puts it in mathematical perspect. a skill can do 50k dmg per hit but if it hits at a .01 success rate….thats fair :P if u look at it as OMG a thief can spike a 50k hit….well then that just looks unfair due to skewing the facts towards your own goals.

in Thief

Coloxeus.3480

Try venoms 30-0-20-20-0 leeching venoms plus increased recharge rate plus healing and damage on steal. Also rune of the adventurer is nice to help keep dodging.

thnx for advice i wanna try that adventurer rune too! but sorry im not a fan of Power traits

in Thief

feistyweasel.1790

there i fixed the the “d/p ls supposed” if u look it says PlSS and the grammar correcter blocked it out. but it makes perfect sense. what didnt you understand. i can use small words if that helps? none of what i say is nonsense…..hence me showing videos and the only person to also show realistic s. nobody else puts it in mathematical perspect. a skill can do 50k dmg per hit but if it hits at a .01 success rate….thats fair :P if u look at it as OMG a thief can spike a 50k hit….well then that just looks unfair due to skewing the facts towards your own goals.

lmfao, keep spewing your own brew of non sense.
you’re bad and your videos are laughable at best.
Do you even know what the word grammar means? I’m pretty sure your post is full of grammatical errors as usual.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

typographical usually …..not grammatically. yeah im sure you are so amazing…..lets see your video. i havent even shown a roaming video yet. ewll i tried but it got cut at 20secs. im in the midst of making another. so…all you do is crack nonsensical accusations that are groundless and make your comments look absurd. back it up or be quiet.

in Thief

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Do you know, you have a dagger at the offhand?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i personally run 0 30 20 20 0 when i run s/d that whay if i get into the 1 v X scenario i switch to d/p to get a lil more defensive with stealth. build can double as both.

in Thief

feistyweasel.1790

typographical usually …..not grammatically. yeah im sure you are so amazing…..lets see your video. i havent even shown a roaming video yet. ewll i tried but it got cut at 20secs. im in the midst of making another. so…all you do is crack nonsensical accusations that are groundless and make your comments look absurd. back it up or be quiet.

you terribad wvw thieves are funny, post up another low quality poorly edited video of you running around following a zerg tapping ppl with your pistol, gg youre good bro sooo good, how can i be like you? if i have a legendary does it make me good like you brooooooooooo?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

wow . you have so much resentment issues. theres plenty of different ways to play. roaming. zerging. 1 v 1 duels. 1 v 2 duels. have videos of em all. big damage spikes. got those too. sure i almost have my 2nd and 3rd legendary but thats not what makes you good. maybe knowledgeable ….but not good. work thru your issues and plz try to contribute to conversations with more than just hate like that. maybe back up whatever you say with REAL examples…..your perception on some stats? even better yet a video of you playing? but no….havent seen any…..all we see is the same 3-5 people on our thief forums stirring up trouble and arguments from the minority perspective. plz act like and adult and respect others in here. thank you.

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

thnx for advice i wanna try that adventurer rune too! but sorry im not a fan of Power traits

It is for the extra recharge time on venoms and the extra number of strikes XD.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game