[Video] Dante Auditore - WvW Roaming 2

in Thief

Posted by: Nex.2450

Nex.2450

Hey guys! This is my second video, which features P/D gameplay, both group and solo. It is much shorter than my original video, and has more group play in it.

Hope you all enjoy.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma
[SWäG] – Still Winning and Grinning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCfDCOPGnc

(edited by Nex.2450)

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I also play P/D atm, but without perplex.

One can always criticise one others gameplay watching a video, and I saw alot of dodges where you really didnt need to. But if you dodged to gain swiftness, thats another story I guess ;-)

Cool vid, keep it up.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Nex.2450

I also play P/D atm, but without perplex.

One can always criticise one others gameplay watching a video, and I saw alot of dodges where you really didnt need to. But if you dodged to gain swiftness, thats another story I guess ;-)

Cool vid, keep it up.

Thanks for the tip! Now I need to go through the videos and see where I’ve been making that mistake… I don’t have the swiftness on dodge trait so ya its just poor play by me :p

Dante Auditore – Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Let me guess

Full Dire
Perplexity Runes
10/0/30/0/30
Sigil of Energy and the one stack condition damage

kitten I have to try some cheese build soon

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Thief

Posted by: Hawkeye.9687

Hawkeye.9687

I always like watching thieves killing people with any spec .
The irony is that after all these nerfs we are a very effective class in a lot of aspects of this game .
Nice video keep up.

Main : Thief – Shadowdancer X
Alts : Warrior- Mesmer lvl 80 [Piken Square]
Death is just the beginning

in Thief

Nex.2450

Let me guess

Full Dire
Perplexity Runes
10/0/30/0/30
Sigil of Energy and the one stack condition damage

kitten I have to try some cheese build soon

Pretty close :p. You’re wrong on the sigils but correct on the armour, runes, and trait lines. Honestly I’ve heard so many specs called cheese, the word has really lost any meaning it once had. I try and include only outnumbered fights, so it tunes down the amount of cheese for the lactose intolerant. P/D before perplexity was definitely powerful, but it’s Achilles’ heel was that it relied so heavily on one condition. The #3 torment addition, as well as perplexity, really changed this. Overall, the build is one of the strongest P/D thief has right now, and as long as I enjoy it, I don’t feel the need to intentionally nerf myself.

Funny I say that though, because I never run with food and most of the time have mini Lord Faren following me around giving out my position in stealth. But that’s more because I’m a cheap kitten , and Lord Faren is my buddy.

What I’m really looking forward to is the April 15th patch. I’m going to spend a lot of time looking at the updated runes, and see if there’s something that could possibly be better than perplexity. Right now my build really lacks condition duration, so if I could get that, but keep the confusion with the new trickery trait, it could open up a lot more different options.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma

(edited by Nex.2450)

in Thief

Nex.2450

I always like watching thieves killing people with any spec .
The irony is that after all these nerfs we are a very effective class in a lot of aspects of this game .
Nice video keep up.

Thanks for the support! I find I enjoy watching videos from all classes, not only does it help me understand the builds and classes better, but I’m always impressed by the skill of the player. But my personal favorite are thief videos, I just enjoy the playstyle a lot.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

so, what sigils are you using then

in Thief

Nex.2450

so, what sigils are you using then

Have to keep a little bit of mystery :p

But if you really want to know just message me in game, though I’m not sure the sigils will work after the 15th patch.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: Intensity.8964

Intensity.8964

I hate to be that guy, but I watched the first 2 clips and although you might start the fight outnumbered, before the fight has been decided you outnumber the opponent. An example would be at the sentry by bay, the second clip in the video.
tl;dr, probably not outnumbered.

in Thief

Nex.2450

I hate to be that guy, but I watched the first 2 clips and although you might start the fight outnumbered, before the fight has been decided you outnumber the opponent. An example would be at the sentry by bay, the second clip in the video.
tl;dr, probably not outnumbered.

Don’t worry, you’re completely right. I included the first clip because we had basically killed most of them until another guy came, and the second clip because it initially was just msandmann and I thinking we were about to go up against 2v5 or so. But in the end of both those fights we did outnumber the opponents. My reasoning is that I still found these clips pretty enjoyable, and I wanted to put something new out relatively fast. If you want purely outnumbered action you can check out my first video.

P.S. – The next three clips in this video are all outnumbered.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma

(edited by Nex.2450)