[Video] Finale - Thief PvP Montage

in Thief

Posted by: Legendary Balls.3198

Legendary Balls.3198

Heres a PvP Montage i made of some thief gameplay.

Youtube Link

Whats your opinion ? good montage or wasted effort ?

in Thief

Legendary Balls.3198

just realized you can embed videos

in case anyone thought it was a fake link

in Thief

Posted by: Sangi.5238

Sangi.5238

How do you make it so that you could see your keybinds on your skills?

in Thief

Legendary Balls.3198

not sure i think it was a checkbox in the options, will check for you next time im logged in

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Decent video, the clips weren’t that great but at least you were good enough to try out different weapon loadouts and not just spam Pistol Whip for max crits.

in Thief

Posted by: Gourry.3951

Gourry.3951

Nice video, I liked the way you slowed that one stomp to coincide with the bass hit. On the other hand maybe less sharks in the next vid. Sharks are the suck.

in Thief

Legendary Balls.3198

Yeah i think i need to get better at editing so i can emphasize certain parts of the footage better.

Almost all (with the exception of some that just worked well with the music, the rally about halfway though for example) of the clips have something cool happening in them like wining 2v1’s, dodging devastating attacks, killing an enemy with reflected projectile, etc.

Unfortunately i don’t think i have the skill to make these any more apparent, guess you will just have to re-watch the video and try to spot them

Yeah i have a passionate hatred of all these cheesy builds, they just feel way too cheap to me

in Thief

Legendary Balls.3198

Nice video, I liked the way you slowed that one stomp to coincide with the bass hit. On the other hand maybe less sharks in the next vid. Sharks are the suck.

haha yeah i usually hate them 2, just thought that it was funny how them suddenly being my allies completely reversed the flow of the fight

in Thief

Posted by: Sanquin.4579

Sanquin.4579

To be honest I found the vid to be very chaotic and it was often hard to make out what you wanted to show us. Plus, kills made with the help of sharks or call warband are a bit lame to put in imo.

Overall for a PvP vid it isn’t that good. Good pvp vids show you entire 1v1 fights without the use of huge CD skills. Also other things, but at least entire 1v1 fights.

Just my opinion of course.

in Thief

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Decent video, the clips weren’t that great but at least you were good enough to try out different weapon loadouts and not just spam Pistol Whip for max crits.

This lmao, was fully expecting haste pistol whips. Thank sithis.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

in Thief

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

I liked it. Its fun to see non pistol whip haste videos.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

in Thief

Legendary Balls.3198

To be honest I found the vid to be very chaotic and it was often hard to make out what you wanted to show us. Plus, kills made with the help of sharks or call warband are a bit lame to put in imo.

Overall for a PvP vid it isn’t that good. Good pvp vids show you entire 1v1 fights without the use of huge CD skills. Also other things, but at least entire 1v1 fights.

Just my opinion of course.

Thanks always happy for constructive criticism. I found it very hard to add in full 1v1 fights because, for the better part of the fight, its rather boring and generally doesn’t fit with the music (trying to kite an enemy over one of my traps, stalling for time so poison does more damage / heal comes of cooldown, getting knocked down when doing a finisher, that sort of thing). Thats why ive only really shown the highlights of the fights but as you said thats made it very chaotic as it randomly jumps from one clip to another.

Do you reckon using fade in /out effects on the end / start of each clip might make future montages better ? or is that just lame and an obvious windows movie maker effect ? (i dunno something about using WMM effects just makes me fell like a 10 year old making a Modern Warfare 2 quick scope montage)

in Thief

Legendary Balls.3198

How do you make it so that you could see your keybinds on your skills?

Had a look at my options, the only thing i could see that looked related to hotbars was a check box called: “show skill recharge”

in Thief

Posted by: Konvoy.6245

Konvoy.6245

I feel the same using Windows Movie Maker >< But when you don’t have Sony Vegas what else are you supposed to do?

But as far as the video goes i liked it! For a montage style video people are really picky so don’t get discouraged. I think a lot of people like to see full fights or even full matches but it’s actually pretty hard to get a solid match that’s worth using. I definitely say keep recording and making videos, that’s the only way to get better really.

in Thief

Posted by: Veelq.1903

Veelq.1903

Nice video, i like the part when lightning fits the music in 3:00
Also its nice to see d/p on other thief.

in Thief

Legendary Balls.3198

yeah i wanted to have some sweet scenic shoots of the sun for the part after that (“eclipse the sun”) but i literally couldn’t spot a single glimpse of the sun in the game