[Video]New meta: no OffHand(for poor people)

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Disclaimer: watching the video or even reading this post will make you a bad player!

With the constant rise in prices of everything needed to keep your character up to date in terms of gear, I decided that the best way to do it is to refute the meta itself. I only have one Ascended Weapon, namely my Dagger, and since I didn’t want to pair it with a crappy Exotic off hand, I started to fight without any offhand weapons. Needless to say, the results were really good and I think I will keep sticking with this formidable weaponset.

DP thieves? I laugh at them!
Perplexity Condi Engis (who even use Supply Crate!)? They die by my powerful dagger!
Permastun, Hammer/Mace-Shield Warriors? Who said you need stunbreakers? 4x Heartseekers are all you need!
“Challenger of the Arena” who don’t even /bow before duels and permastun you with PW? There’s no escape for them!
Lyssa Runes (hello, upcoming nerf!)? Who needs them!

What is best about this video is that I never used my trump card: Twisting Fangs. This is, in my opinion, the best skill in the game. 4 initiative for a skill that roots you in place for 1 second, does less damage than autoattacks and stacks 2 Bleeds for 10 secondos! This is freaking OP, I can only imagine the things I could do once I fully master this weaponset (in the video I even wasted a few Blinding Powders because I’ve never used that skill in a long time )!

Also, since my thief has gone on a diet (last time she checked her weight she was not so happy), I limited the use of my food buffs to only one Deluxe Burger : apparently, the increased Poison Duration was what I needed to kill that Perplexity Engi. Really OP food, I expect its price to increase tenfold very soon.

I hope more and more thieves will start using this weaponset. Maybe they will realize how good it is. The fact that you can chain 5x Heartseekers without worrying of managing your Initiative is so good! I can’t understand how people still have to figure it out.

Oh, yeah, this is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYjyvreIrqI

Build link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vYMQJAYVlsMp8pdPx6J8PNhs9oCFKii7hTZUNVXBsC-zEDBYfAYLQUgA0FQJfAZPRM9RZtqpIasKGYqSJV5SQ2bQZlQAV2CA-w

PS: please go easy on me, I’ve started playing this weaponset only recently

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: Prince.7198

Prince.7198

Great build! But u might wanna swap Signet Use out for something different as you don’t use signet. I would also drop the ini on stealth and just take the lower deception recharge trait! Have fun poking your dagger!

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

OP. Nerf incoming.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

hihey.1075

Great build! But u might wanna swap Signet Use out for something different as you don’t use signet. I would also drop the ini on stealth and just take the lower deception recharge trait! Have fun poking your dagger!

Didn’t think about that at all! I was so lazy that I only swapped utilities and forgot about the traits!
Gonna be even more OP now!

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Awesome, utterly and indisputably awesome!

The no mainhand part was beyond the pale, waaayyyyy beyond the pale…

I do not care for the weight problems your thief has, she is cute none the less.
It is all about the hidden values anyway…

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I laughed my way through that post OP, got to see the vid when I get home from woerks.

Seems OP on the paper tho.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Thanks for posting. What great commentary on the current state of the Shadow Arts trait line. Reminds me a lot of when I play PU mesmer without armor (your favorite gw2 trait, I know).

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Thief

Bazzoong.7145

Thanks for posting. What great commentary on the current state of the Shadow Arts trait line. Reminds me a lot of when I play PU mesmer without armor (your favorite gw2 trait, I know).

Good the OP included the disclaimer, but I think the disclaimer should warn about random brain damage aswell just to be sure in case of lawsuits…

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Not gonna lie, your movement is pretty ace.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Its like watching yishis, those people….. how does a Mesmer die to 1 skill?

Great positioning, interesting build. But man you must be in tier 1, so many baddies haha.

Had fun watching the video though, good work.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Like watching a one arm person swing a baseball bat,
You know this doesn’t help the cause of getting people to realize thieves are more then just HS and autoattacks lol

in Thief

hihey.1075

Its like watching yishis, those people….. how does a Mesmer die to 1 skill?

Great positioning, interesting build. But man you must be in tier 1, so many baddies haha.

Had fun watching the video though, good work.

I am in EU tier 4 or 5 (Gunnar’s Hold is ranked 10 atm but we’ve yet to deal with Gandara). It is widely renown that the best players in EU are all in Silver League (with a few exceptions being Desolation).
Though, I was really surprised to beat people with such ranks with that “build”.

Not gonna lie, your movement is pretty ace.

Thank you

I laughed my way through that post OP, got to see the vid when I get home from woerks.

Seems OP on the paper tho.

Looking forward to your feedback then :P

Awesome, utterly and indisputably awesome!

The no mainhand part was beyond the pale, waaayyyyy beyond the pale…

I do not care for the weight problems your thief has, she is cute none the less.
It is all about the hidden values anyway…

To be honest, I tried to use only Off Hand Dagger against the “Champion Shadow” thief too but it didnt work. With so many evades, having to attack once every 6 seconds is too much. I beat other people with only Off Hand dagger though, but they were absolutely terrible (faaaar worse than the players featured in the video).
Anyway, all the fights shown in the video were my first attempt against those players. The only exception was the fight against the D/P thief, in which he beat me a couple times before (but he was always left with 1% HP, if I had used foodbuffs I was sure I could have won those, but nvm).
I particularly enjoyed the fight against the warrior: I ended up transferring a Weakness thanks to my Generosity Sigil. He didn’t notice that, and we started exchanging autos for 4-5 seconds. He lost almost 40% of his HP just by that.

Like watching a one arm person swing a baseball bat,
You know this doesn’t help the cause of getting people to realize thieves are more then just HS and autoattacks lol

I know, next time I’ll try mixing some Twisting Fangs in my rotation, for even more OPness

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

(edited by hihey.1075)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I would like to complaon that I was mislead by OP because he used SB against the supply crate and OH dagger against that mesmer.

(Nice video. Lol’d)

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Haha, nice 1! you make this look so darn easy

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in Thief

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

Loved it.

And then such people qq in the forums :P

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

in Thief

hihey.1075

Loved it.

And then such people qq in the forums :P

I hope they don’t! Every single one of them is running an well balanced dueling spec, if they started complaining it would be ridiculous

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Thief

Bazzoong.7145

By the way I will shamelessly link this thread in every thief QQ thread will come across, so perpare to become famous…

in Thief

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Brilliant footage! I had good laughs with it, especially that Mesmer.
Maybe you’ll duel my power nec sometime in some match with Desolation Great dodges

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Thief

hihey.1075

By the way I will shamelessly link this thread in every thief QQ thread will come across, so perpare to become famous…

Hahaha! Feel free to share it with anyone you like: the more people will realize how good this weaponset is, the more people will start using it as well

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Thief

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

How could I miss this video? Lol
Well played. The fight against the Engi was so lulz.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Very funny video.

I’ll just take my ele and cry in the corner though.

in Thief

Posted by: epic.2450

epic.2450

haha nice work, this was fun to watch. However, you should change divinity runes to ruby orbs for really poor people.

-Triggerless

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

LOL brilliant! Bravo so, you made my dull day at work enjoyable with this video.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

That was a great video! I’m somewhat embarrassed though for the Mesmer as it looked like you were just playing with her.

Just wondering though, have you ever fought one of those heavy stealth Mesmers who use the torch/GS? I’ve had some duels with thieves that just went on, and on, and on…

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Like I’ve said in the past, even dual-wielding tooth picks makes us OP.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

hihey.1075

@Zord: yeah, I liked the fight against the engi a lot. It took me a lot, but now I am able to recognise most engies’ patterns, so fighting them is not that hard anymore (used to be completely wrecked by them in the past!).

Just wondering though, have you ever fought one of those heavy stealth Mesmers who use the torch/GS? I’ve had some duels with thieves that just went on, and on, and on…

I’ve fought plenty of those, but I will not speak my mind about PU mesmers as it may hurt some people’s feelings

LOL brilliant! Bravo so, you made my dull day at work enjoyable with this video.

Glad you enjoyed it :P

haha nice work, this was fun to watch. However, you should change divinity runes to ruby orbs for really poor people.

That would be 100% cheap!
Now if only I could remove my Divinity Runes without losing them (or having to pay hundreds of gold for the Splitters…)

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

@Zord: yeah, I liked the fight against the engi a lot. It took me a lot, but now I am able to recognise most engies’ patterns, so fighting them is not that hard anymore (used to be completely wrecked by them in the past!).

Really? They wrecked you in the past?

Before Anet nerfed Shortbow from 1200 to 900 range, I destroy Engies especially those who love their turrets. But now that SB is only 900 range, they “may” have a chance but you can still our range them using P/P+Ricochet.

Engies are only dangerous at close range.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

hihey.1075

Really? They wrecked you in the past?

Before Anet nerfed Shortbow from 1200 to 900 range, I destroy Engies especially those who love their turrets. But now that SB is only 900 range, they “may” have a chance but you can still our range them using P/P+Ricochet.

Engies are only dangerous at close range.

Well, we all have to start somewhere. When Engineers started being common in the meta (especially after the introduction of Perplexity runes), I had a hard time fighting them. Took a few weeks to roll an engi, using him, understanding how it worked and coming up with possible strategies to beat him.

When I find a build I have a hard time against, I just roll it and see what good players do to beat me. Still, fighting Condi Engis (along with Condi Necros, DPS Guards and Hammer Warriors) is really entertaining, as it’s a balanced matchup against me – that’s why I never refuse a fight against these classes.

Also, on the SB nerf, I started playing thief in September/August 2013, so that nerf had already taken place. Needless to say, with a 1200 range SB I could just outrange them while kiting. #yolo

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU