[Video] P/D Condi Thief Outnumbered Fighting

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

Yo,

There’s been a plethora of these popping up for whatever reason so I figured I’d share mine here. I have way too many clips clogging my hard drive and I’m trying to get rid of them. So I’m selectively making ‘episodes’ of the fights that I do feel showcase skill regardless of running an infamously ‘cheesy’ spec.

With that said, if you don’t feel like watching a full condi thief fight outnumbered then this is not the video for you.

http://tinyurl.com/lz486s7

If you somehow enjoy this, thanks.

in Thief

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Hey this video is great! I have full apothecary trinkets, but was thinking about switching to the dire/ rabid ones… the amount of vitality you gained is too much to turn down!! I’ll probably be switching to those soon!

in Thief

Posted by: corwen.5798

corwen.5798

Yes, P/D is very strong. But ur enemies aren’t playing very good imo. No AA spam while u go in stealth, no use of any kind of cc, as you can see in the end, when the Mesmer even tries to rezz the downed Guardian instead of using no 5 on greatsword.

(edited by corwen.5798)

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

Yes, P/D is very strong. But ur enemies aren’t playing very good imo. No AA spam while u go in stealth, no use of any kind of cc, as you can see in the end, when the Mesmer even tries to rezz the downed Guardian instead of using no 5 on greatsword.

Yea, its unfortunate that the only people that provide you with the outnumbered fights are typically the one who aren’t top notch players. I have tons of duels recorded against great players, but watching those duels is pretty mind numbing and I wouldn’t expect anyone to want to watch them.

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Overall, good video! I won’t call you cheese, because I can handle perplex on my thief. I wasn’t to big of a fan on the 7 minute clip, maybe add different clips next time, not just a really long one, but I enjoyed watching scrubs die

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I actually enjoyed this, very good cinematic editing. You are knowledgeable of Thief, and can time pretty well. There were things i myself would have done differently, but that’s just me. Good pivot turn and using your environment to your advantage on your brink of low hp running behind the wall making the guardian fall.

~On another note: I’m pretty sure I saw a Nike symbol on that Warriors Boots.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Overall, good video! I won’t call you cheese, because I can handle perplex on my thief. I wasn’t to big of a fan on the 7 minute clip, maybe add different clips next time, not just a really long one, but I enjoyed watching scrubs die

long clips show how it REALLY workstho. not just a bunch of nub killings…. seeing deaths along with kills keeps it in perspective especially when QQers wanna go QQing on the class.

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

I actually enjoyed this, very good cinematic editing. You are knowledgeable of Thief, and can time pretty well. There were things i myself would have done differently, but that’s just me. Good pivot turn and using your environment to your advantage on your brink of low hp running behind the wall making the guardian fall.

It’s funny you mentioned the cinematic thing. I had some ‘try hard’ editing and music originally and just gave up on it. :/ Thanks for the kind words. I actually chased that warrior out of the water, but I cut the clip early. That mobility is obnoxious.

@Amon. Most of the fights I have recorded dont last that long with the exception of that clip and maybe two others. I wish I wouldn’t have fumbled at the end of the first clip and tried to keep the streak going. Oh well though.

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

It’s funny you mentioned the cinematic thing. I had some ‘try hard’ editing and music originally and just gave up on it. :/ Thanks for the kind words. I actually chased that warrior out of the water, but I cut the clip early. That mobility is obnoxious.

@Amon. Most of the fights I have recorded dont last that long with the exception of that clip and maybe two others. I wish I wouldn’t have fumbled at the end of the first clip and tried to keep the streak going. Oh well though.

Haha, I know what you mean. Doing really good in a fight, and making a major mistake and dying because of it.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I respect Thieves that make videos of them showing the reality of the game. And not just highlighting their endless amount of non deaths. People that can die in their video’s and put up a good fight earn my respect.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

I respect Thieves that make videos of them showing the reality of the game. And not just highlighting their endless amount of non deaths. People that can die in their video’s and put up a good fight earn my respect.

I could do that, but I feel it would be drawn out. I’ve done fights like this but it doesn’t seem fun to watch so I end up deleting the footage. For my next video though, I’m doing some outnumbered fights and putting in some dueling clips with serane and nex, and any other person that would like to duel.

in Thief

Mordecai.6318

Haha, I know what you mean. Doing really good in a fight, and making a major mistake and dying because of it.

and then the inevitable group of people that jump on my corpse afterwards…

in Thief

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

and then the inevitable group of people that jump on my corpse afterwards…

Yeah, it’s always pretty hilarious when they down you with X people and then jump and laugh as if had been thanks to their “skill”. Cheers.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Well played. There was not even a single decent player among those, and not a single build that could have given you problems, but still you “danced” very well among the enemies.
As usual, it takes only one good player to completely mess up an outnumbered fight. It’s rare to win even 1v2 when you are facing a good opponent, and it’s close to impossible of they are anywhere decent.
Build is OP, but counterable. I like PD thieves as they kill PU mesmers really effectively. Too bad they are REALLY rare in EU :/ alas, the PU plague is still increasing

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos