[Video] Panicond build from 13/12/2013

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

another example of this build with solo and group play moments

1 – taking ele by surprise fast and clean with no ability to respond so he rage quit
2 – taking ranger fast 1v3 knowing enemy zerg inside the camp
3 – outnumbered group play. putting pressure on enemies, buffing allies and taking down enemy player while retreat
4 – few seconds later taking warrior which use earlier breakstun and run to his group
5 – group play. taking from the side enemy fast (engineer), sharing venoms with the backline on choke point thus fast 5 enemies downs with aoe immobilize and stun
6 – scouting and putting bunker ranger commander on 50% hp until my allies group come and doing some nice aoe dmg behind the wall (+6k*4 aoe dmg)
7 – taking mesmer from 1500 range again with no ability to respond
8 – 1v1 against mesmer who caught me by surprise while i was checking map. bad fight but i manage with only 2 successful strike to take him down
9 – group play. buffing my allies, taking enemies without venoms by immobilize them and allies help
10 – 3v3. putting bunker guardian commander on 50%. interrupt the ress.
11 – outnumbered group fight. engineer almost take me down with conditions. taking ranger easily, preventing stomps, and taking from the side engineer.
12 – enemy thief tried to be sneaky on my ally so i sneak on him
13 – 2v1 against necro
14 – taking down ranger from 1500 range

hope you like it
i did manage to die few times but only when fought against zerg in outnumbered situations
as you see against bunker build its hard to burst them fast but again bunker build wont do you much harm either. so most of the time they will run enable you to kite them easily
also its harder to stomp as i dont have shadow step skill

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

Don’t post this nonsense without a build link, sheesh.

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Posted by: grintar.1705

grintar.1705

just guessing, but its probably a 30/0/20/0/20. taking the venom buffs in the DA tree, siphoning in the SA, and pistol bounce and caltrops in the trickery.

in Thief

messiah.1908

look for the thread with the build ppl

dont be lazy

in Thief

messiah.1908

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

ick. ick ick.

running with no defense. no different than d/d signet gank build. just venom style

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

nice video tho. still fun to gank

watch anet nerf this now and say its too OP even tho you ran like more than you fought…. they wont even notice that.

in Thief

messiah.1908

:)
its semi support build semi gank. very good in group fight before the initial burst
i run as we fought in outnumbered situation so no build can help you if you dont know your limits

i dont think anet will nerf this as they say venoms are almost their – what the hell this mean

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It is a fun build to play and there all manner of variants if you want to experiment and get something suitable to your own playstyle. I did a similar build without the share for roaming and putting 10 in acrobatics instead. This gives me 22 seconds swiftness on kill which stacks. ( I managed to stack up enough swiftness on kill to get from one corner of the map to another without it running down)

That frees up other rune types with the On heal proc which I find very useful since we have that 15 second heal.

camps go down fast and if you are solo roaming and catch an enemy offguard he can go down fast.

I tested with Grenth runes with success and now try balthazar. I have hit a few roaming with poison , chill, weakness , bleed and fire all initiated with a single steal.

What I tend to like most about condition builds is you can get out of battle for a few seconds, make a few changes in traits and totally change the build giving yourself far more offense or a lot more defenses. Thus in Wvw you can change as circumstances permit.

This much harder to do with the direct damage builds.

At times I will take all venoms. At others I will load up deceptions.

I still like improv. I know it does not kick in all the time but when it does it really changes the complexion of a battle. If one is using skelk venom in a traited build and it the improv triggers on steal the dynamics of a battle can change instantly in your favor. I have had it kick in my tricks three times in a row while having RFi or caltrops/ venoms on the toolbar giving oodles of extra Ini and damage potential.

If one uses the traits that inflict condition damage from a swap on sigil or those that proc on heals that extra condition in a pancondi build can free up another spot on that toolbar.

The flexibility of Condition builds is why I favor them so much.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

messiah.1908

after i use balthazar i found it way too OP or just overkill in 1v1 with all the conditions

@babazhook
you probably luckier than me as improv only proc for me 25% of the times
but when it does it can take down faster even the bunkier builds out there

the basic build for solo is 20,0,20,x,x
and with group play just take 20,0,30,x,x

in Thief

Posted by: Acros.9437

Acros.9437

It seems that your build rely so much from the abuse of the use of withdraw and the #3 shortbow rolling straight instead of rolling backwards., specially the only time that they really focus on you 2:10
I know that it’s posible do this changing something in camera options, but for me is like an exploit abuse and I don’t think the thoughts of devs in this skills were to use like this.

Without this, I think your chance for survival falls dramatically with 3 venoms on utilities.

The rest of the video its nice, haven’t seen more the abuse of withdraw, maybe because you were next your allies all the time and don’t get focus so much.

Don’t take my opion like and atack, it’s just that I like to play p/d like you and I try to imagine taking the same build and doing the same and I feel that I will die a lot for the reasons I said.

Btw nice video, continue doing more videos, I enjoy watching any p/d posible build.

PD: sorry for my bad english.

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

@Acros.9437
This is anything but exploit. Smart play =/= exploit. We need more things like this in game to separate noobs from good players.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Posted by: makiface.3286

makiface.3286

I was just going to ask what the trick was to turning around so fast was. I bound “about face” but it doesn’t work if I happen to be mouse looking/turning, nor does it turn me around that fast.

Also, on rune of Balthazar, does the heal burn kick in at the start or end of the cast? I know Rune of Torment does it at the end, and it kind of breaks the usability of it with Withdraw. kitten , (d erp is filtered?) found the video and answered this. Wish it worked on cast rather than on finish.

Either way, really fun stuff. I love this build but shelved my condi gear because power builds seemed to put out way more damage. Would love to try this again, though.

(edited by makiface.3286)

in Thief

messiah.1908

i agree this build is really not for beginner players as you have no defense utility at all
so its relay on reading the map, the movement of your team and the enemy.
if i get focused it will be very hard to escape without SR,SS,PB etc as my only way to vanish is CnD.
i dont agree withdraw forward is an exploit as it just fast key movement. like 4 HS spamming fast
i sometime also use it backwards if i want to surprise my enemy and being behind him for clean CnD