[Video] S/D Teef Duels :D

in Thief

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Hello teefs,
back with more thief videos! (kitten , I really do like teef >.>) Well, this one is actually on Sword/Dagger, with my own, more offensive S/D build. That is because I take two 10% dmg modifiers (improv and exposed weakness) and gain more power through the trait line.

I completely gave up on might on dodge and strength runes, I just don’t like that meta build >.> Pack runes ftw!

Anyway, I’m still new to thief, so for my SD video I’m just starting of with some duels. Let me know what you think

Without further ado, the vid:

Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAsYVl0Mp7pVOx0J8PNBNB5dY+SZ0NAzuvoA-TpBFwACOBAEOEA12fYxRAoaZAAPAAA

Feel free to give advice/tips, (but have mercy) I can still learn a lot
-Hollts

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Thief

Posted by: TheSameDamnGuy.9251

TheSameDamnGuy.9251

Just keep in mind that 90% of S/D duels is landing that steal, so really focus on dodging that and landing yours. Beyond that, it’s purely muscle memory and reaction.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Currently you get no 10% dmg from improv unless you grab ele’s conjures or some other enviromental weapon, stolen items don’t proc it.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

you throw away your steal too much, try comboing it with an immob or basi venom. your condi management could also be a lot better, poor use of infil return. I guess not bad gameplay but it just looks like button mash without purpose honestly.

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in Thief

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

poor use of infil return.

I’ve watched you play on twitch, and I think you are one of the better SD thieves out there… certainly one who takes a pretty varied approach to different fights . Any advice on what constitutes good versus bad use of Infil strike/return?

in Thief

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

you throw away your steal too much, try comboing it with an immob or basi venom. your condi management could also be a lot better, poor use of infil return. I guess not bad gameplay but it just looks like button mash without purpose honestly.

These are exactly my 2 biggest problems with teef atm, but I’m working on it
Do you recommend just using inf return whenever you have bad condi’s on you?

Currently you get no 10% dmg from improv unless you grab ele’s conjures or some other enviromental weapon, stolen items don’t proc it.

Didn’t know this, so combined training would be a better choice?

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯