Videos of Thieves losing fights?

in Thief

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

I’m sure many of you who put together WvW highlight videos have a lot of videos that ended up on the cutting room floor because you lost. How about making a video featuring fights you’ve lost to give other players an idea of what it takes to beat a thief?

If you wanna stop the QQ, this would be the way to do it.

in Thief

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

sorry I see what you’re trying to do here, but why would anybody upload a video of poor game play? I die lots as a thief (mostly with the zerg fighting), but I kill lots too.

game play of thief vs thief would be more interesting.

and anyone who is reading this and thinks thieves cant die or are easy to play, create one and appreciate the skill involved (in playing one well)

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

playing the classes u have trouble fighting will help u learn to counter them… top tip

in Thief

Posted by: xell.7408

xell.7408

I just died, irl.

in Thief

Eliyahu.1467

sorry I see what you’re trying to do here, but why would anybody upload a video of poor game play? I die lots as a thief (mostly with the zerg fighting), but I kill lots too.

game play of thief vs thief would be more interesting.

and anyone who is reading this and thinks thieves cant die or are easy to play, create one and appreciate the skill involved (in playing one well)

If you upload a video of poor play then go kitten yourself. I’m looking for 2 good players dueling wherein the thief happens to lose; or 2v1 whatever.

Oh and I do play thief in sPvP, but that’s entirely different than WvW.

(edited by Eliyahu.1467)

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

I myself dont play a bad thief.
ive seen lots of thieves die in videos on YouTube, and my advice to u is play a thief in wvw then if that’s where ur issue is. but in spvp and wvw the same counters work. u just may not always catch the thief when things dont go his way.

in Thief

Eliyahu.1467

I myself dont play a bad thief.
ive seen lots of thieves die in videos on YouTube, and my advice to u is play a thief in wvw then if that’s where ur issue is. but in spvp and wvw the same counters work. u just may not always catch the thief when things dont go his way.

That’s exactly the kitten issue.

I force thieves at ~20% hp into a shadow refuge repeatedly, sometime multiple times during the same fight if he doesn’t say “kitten it” and run, but kills don’t happen unless some competent help shows up.

Now if he’s dumb enough to come out of stealth without full healing first then he’s dead.

I also have videos of my own on youtube where I’ve killed thieves, but those thieves were real idiots running back into battle at half health when they could have simply run away. I’m not interested in those kinds of videos.

(edited by Eliyahu.1467)

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

I have caught out a fair few thieves that drop refuge at low health by spamming attacks in their refuge, if u auto attack and see it enter the second part of its rotation u are hitting him and if u continue to hit him and hes not moving hes probably downed. continue to punch them till u grt xp. bosh dead thief. happens more often than u might think, I have been downed in refuge before but the players generally run off elsewhere to find u leaving u free to res.
hope this was slightly helpful at least.

in Thief

Bull Zooker.1672

and of course if u can knock them out of refuge. the above comment is for if ur knockback doesn’t work

in Thief

Eliyahu.1467

I know what to do with refuge, but I don’t have infinite AoEs (unless I’m on my GS warrior) or AoE knockbacks.

If you want an idea of where my personal skill level is at, this a vid of me fighting a (bad) thief on my Ele alt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3y7FOFyeuQY#t=42s

He could have easily gotten away after the first refuge then repeatedly came out of stealth to attack without healing up. Finally, he SRed INSIDE of my already channeling Churning Earth. If he was halfway competent there would have been no way for me to kill him.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Nobody posts videos of people losing, only winning.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Eliyahu.1467

Hence the point of asking.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Hence the point of asking.

I made a Axe/Shield build yesterday and went around destroying thieves on my Warrior, but I didn’t really make a video about it, I was too busy laughing.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Be easier to make a guide on killing thieves on various classes then a “this is why I’m weak” video.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Eliyahu.1467

Be easier to make a guide on killing thieves on various classes then a “this is why I’m weak” video.

I would hope that even strong players lose fights now and again.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I have just got my kitten kicked by engineer. Engineers op right ??

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Eliyahu.1467

I have just got my kitten kicked by engineer. Engineers op right ??

No one said thieves were op in this thread, I just asked for good thief players with recordings of good fights where they lost to post them.

in Thief

Posted by: shadowdust.2018

shadowdust.2018

No need to be harsh.

I think the OP is looking for a video wherein the thief ended up losing but put up a very very good fight, earning the respect of the opponent.

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I should make a thief killing montage…

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Well I die at the end…? Here it goes.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

^ the music made me laugh

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

In most of the WvW vids I have seen – there are thieves on the other side being splattered by the guy with the camera. That’s pretty much the same right?

Tiger

in Thief

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I don’t understand why the op is asking for video of a thief losing in fights. If the people making arguments against thieves don’t believe that any thief dies then they have bigger issues like common sense.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

“Well I die at the end…? Here it goes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2rkN8jZBFA

I enjoyed the video and the music, but I must ask this:
Can any other class chain drop people like that besides
a thief? I would say know, and that combined with the
culling issues in WvW is what has peoples upset.

in Thief

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

I don’t understand why the op is asking for video of a thief losing in fights. If the people making arguments against thieves don’t believe that any thief dies then they have bigger issues like common sense.

Um not real complicated. He wants to watch some videos other than kill montages.

Hell he even states it in his post “How about making a video featuring fights you’ve lost to give other players an idea of what it takes to beat a thief?”

What is issue?

Oh I see in your deep fear of balancing that you know our class needs you are paranoid and think he is saying that thieves never die.

in Thief

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

here’s one with a s/d thief that throws himself into a 1v2 for 9 minutes before dying. it’s vs. a hammer warrior and d/d thief, pretty entertaining. skip ahead 6 mins for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Siqrr3YBVY

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Here is a vid that shows a necro beating a bunch of thieves:

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

here’s one with a s/d thief that throws himself into a 1v2 for 9 minutes before dying. it’shief, pretty entertaining. skip ahead 6 mins for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Siqrr3YBVY

If you don’t skip ahead, you also see the guy take down quite a number of other thieves including HS + haste spammers with a simple daze and autoattack. Had the poster not been a S/D thief with copious amounts of stunbreakers, he would have died much earlier in the 9 minute fight.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

oZii.2864

Um not real complicated. He wants to watch some videos other than kill montages.

Hell he even states it in his post “How about making a video featuring fights you’ve lost to give other players an idea of what it takes to beat a thief?”

What is issue?

Oh I see in your deep fear of balancing that you know our class needs you are paranoid and think he is saying that thieves never die.

Yea I am totally in fear of balancing why would I be afraid of a game again? Oh I see you take the game to seriously and it causes you to break out in cold sweats at night I see.

I’ll entertain this though since november 15 (last nerf to thieves mostly in sPvP anyway) there havent been anything but buffs.

Asked about what class they are watching or feels like might need a balancing tweak they said d/d bunker eles possibly. That was about a month ago. So I’ll take the word of the devs over forum qq and prophecy proposers.

So I have no reason to think or believe anything but buffs if anything will happen to thieves. What do you have to support that they will do any balancing (implying nerf from the context of your post) to the thief. Nothing

{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

walk breaks fear?! omgomgomgomg

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

oZii.2864

A whole bunch of thieves losing and being hit in stealth I like this video I approve

{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Bam, all of a sudden, noone plays poorly!

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

Here is my thief roaming stream in eb (3,5 hours without edits), I die a lot of times. I just don’t think people are interested in a thief video with a lot of deaths. What i tend to do is just cut the video where the most action is and jump straight to next. Kill after kill.

http://www.twitch.tv/sir_koroshi/c/1961788

in Thief

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

That warrior is boss.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

in Thief

Posted by: Linlana.8573

Linlana.8573

That warrior was very skilled; nice use of weapon swapping and all skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

I know what to do with refuge, but I don’t have infinite AoEs (unless I’m on my GS warrior) or AoE knockbacks.

If you want an idea of where my personal skill level is at, this a vid of me fighting a (bad) thief on my Ele alt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3y7FOFyeuQY#t=42s

He could have easily gotten away after the first refuge then repeatedly came out of stealth to attack without healing up. Finally, he SRed INSIDE of my already channeling Churning Earth. If he was halfway competent there would have been no way for me to kill him.

5 day old post but Churning Earth can be dodged.

That is all. Good day all.

in Thief

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

that warrior and necro vid was awesome!

in Thief

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

i think this video would be easier to make with a necromancer

in Thief

Stiv.1820

A whole bunch of thieves losing and being hit in stealth I like this video I approve

“I saw you… surprise!”

Perfect example. This war is great. Now watch everyone come out and say how all those Thieves must suck etc etc. Learn to Play works when it suits them.

(edited by Stiv.1820)

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My main is Thief, so that already gives my Warrior and Necro alts an advantage when fighting them because I know exactly how they work. Spend some time playing alts for each class, even if it’s in Spvp if you don’t wanna level.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Eliyahu.1467

Here is my thief roaming stream in eb (3,5 hours without edits), I die a lot of times. I just don’t think people are interested in a thief video with a lot of deaths. What i tend to do is just cut the video where the most action is and jump straight to next. Kill after kill.

http://www.twitch.tv/sir_koroshi/c/1961788

This is some great footage, actually. Thanks for posting it.

in Thief

oZii.2864

“I saw you… surprise!”

Perfect example. This war is great. Now watch everyone come out and say how all those Thieves must suck etc etc. Learn to Play works when it suits them.

I know I love the part when he acted like he was afk cause he knew the thief would try to get him rofl.

I doubt many will come out and say the thieves suck cause half the people making arguments have no clue how the thief works.

{Thief}

in Thief

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

My 1st character is a warrior i played with it for a long time, get to lv80 and go pvp.

and i just made a thief (never touched one) and got to level 4 and went to pvp and can already kill people with decent speed like my warrior without knowing how most of the skills work. and can deal with multiple people and escape while needed.
some times even doing better then my warrior

it’s really really good

also it helped me with my warrior about how to deal with thieves.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Thief

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

Some fast action going on that warrior, well played mate. Would have loved to meet you in wvw.

in Thief

Posted by: Solid Snake.8902

Solid Snake.8902

here’s one with a s/d thief that throws himself into a 1v2 for 9 minutes before dying. it’shief, pretty entertaining. skip ahead 6 mins for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Siqrr3YBVY

If you don’t skip ahead, you also see the guy take down quite a number of other thieves including HS + haste spammers with a simple daze and autoattack. Had the poster not been a S/D thief with copious amounts of stunbreakers, he would have died much earlier in the 9 minute fight.

Surely, but in a 1v1 matchup (assuming 1v2 too), S/D thiefs are way more powerful than D/D thiefs. The daze is so broken in this kind of matchups, especially in a thiefs duel. However, D/D has such a good nuke in teamfights (zergs fights) that is more valuable to play D/D in WvW even if you’re not such a good duelist than S/D.

As you can see in this video, even the title says about duels, and not zergs fights. Just the firts few minutes are sufficient to see with that kind of build, you can’t burst someone down quickly, finishing him and moving away from the fight to recover CDs if needed.

As I said, and as you can see, it’s not a bad build, you really can enjoy with that spec, but in my mind, duels in WvW are nearly inexistant (the first fight in the video is enough to understand why) and because D/D is better assuming is more than 2 opponents. You clearly can say this build is better in sPvP than in WvW

in Thief

Posted by: xell.7408

xell.7408

My 1st character is a warrior i played with it for a long time, get to lv80 and go pvp.

and i just made a thief (never touched one) and got to level 4 and went to pvp and can already kill people with decent speed like my warrior without knowing how most of the skills work. and can deal with multiple people and escape while needed.

it’s really really good

Could you post a video of your level 4 thief, killing and dealing with multiple people. I would love to watch.

in Thief

Stiv.1820

it’s really really good

Could you post a video of your level 4 thief, killing and dealing with multiple people. I would love to watch.

A large majority of Theif QQers pick up the profession so easily and pwn everyone in sight because they were amazing WoW arena players don’t you know? It’s strange that they always seem to get mechanics wrong and suggest asinine profession breaking changes though, not sure how that works out.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Surely, but in a 1v1 matchup (assuming 1v2 too), S/D thiefs are way more powerful than D/D thiefs. The daze is so broken in this kind of matchups, especially in a thiefs duel. However, D/D has such a good nuke in teamfights (zergs fights) that is more valuable to play D/D in WvW even if you’re not such a good duelist than S/D.

As you can see in this video, even the title says about duels, and not zergs fights. Just the firts few minutes are sufficient to see with that kind of build, you can’t burst someone down quickly, finishing him and moving away from the fight to recover CDs if needed.

As I said, and as you can see, it’s not a bad build, you really can enjoy with that spec, but in my mind, duels in WvW are nearly inexistant (the first fight in the video is enough to understand why) and because D/D is better assuming is more than 2 opponents. You clearly can say this build is better in sPvP than in WvW

Both weapon sets have their place and merit. I used S/D for quite a while and it was a lot of fun, but lately I have been using D/D more. Was was trying to point out that S/* builds are the foil for control builds whereas the hammer warrior would have probably downed a D/D thief in the first 15 seconds of that 9 minute fight. It certainly isn’t a bad build and I did not intend for my comments to be interpreted as such.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief