Violated PvE thief, no change to Wvw thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Pvpers get punished by pve changes, get over yourselves. The game is not broken beyond repair. If your spec no longer works, adapt- it’s part of playing a class in an mmo. Be advocates for improvements to your class as always.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Unfortunately thats basically them saying “we don’t want thieves to be flexible”. If its used defensively its the only defensive skill that if you have multiple utilities for is punished if try to use them too often.

Tbh overall I’m not really sure anet really puts much thought into many of their changes, so many new content and other changes have been poor at best and never fully thought through. This is just another example.

This comment just shows so much of the vast majority of players who play the class: I shouldn’t have to pick and choose like ~every other class~.

As someone else said, you either use it to go in for the kill or use it to get out… not for a “i’m just going to hang around”… make a choice.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Unfortunately thats basically them saying “we don’t want thieves to be flexible”. If its used defensively its the only defensive skill that if you have multiple utilities for is punished if try to use them too often.

Tbh overall I’m not really sure anet really puts much thought into many of their changes, so many new content and other changes have been poor at best and never fully thought through. This is just another example.

This comment just shows so much of the vast majority of players who play the class: I shouldn’t have to pick and choose like ~every other class~.

As someone else said, you either use it to go in for the kill or use it to get out… not for a “i’m just going to hang around”… make a choice.

how does it? putting in nerfs that mean certain choices are no longer valid does not promote having to pick and choose it actually promotes NOT having to pick and choose because you have less valid options to choose….

And your statement has basically no connection to my previous one… where did I state to use it just to hang around? I just stated that if used defensively with the previous change it would be the only defensive skill that punished you for having more than 1 instance of on your bar by allowing you to burn a cooldown without the gain you where after.

Theres more uses for repeated stealth than CnD cheese that people hate so much, just like theres more uses for offensive stealth than just backstab.

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

in Thief

Asudementio.8526

I dislike the 4 second revealed duration because they don’t plan to fix it when they get to the real bread and butter.

I would prefer to have the revealed duration if I don’t land an attack in stealth, it provides counter play, and thieves will be considered balanced for once.

IMO thiefs going to be the new “release” necro, nobody is going to want them because they won’t deal any dmg outside of stealth, they are limited to stealth every 4 seconds, and I’m guessing the next thing to go is our back stab and condition dmg, since we can spam a couple moves..

Sorry for the rants but this new change is traumatic to my gaming experience, Watching a.net do this to thief is like watching the South Park episode where Indiana jones gets kitten YouTube it if you’d like but it’s disturbing and tbh so Is watching a net throw thief down the garborater

A bit dramatic don’t you think? I get groups as a support thief, and i’m sure thieves of other variants do as well. Play with some odd builds and you may find your class much more expansive than you once thought.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Lot’s on non thieves who have no clue on how thieves works in this thread/on this class forum.

You can keep this nerf, but you better up stealth times to 4 and 5 seconds respectively. Being revealed longer than base stealth is absolute kitten move on Anet’s part.

in Thief

Asudementio.8526

Lot’s on non thieves who have no clue on how thieves works in this thread/on this class forum.

You can keep this nerf, but you better up stealth times to 4 and 5 seconds respectively. Being revealed longer than base stealth is absolute kitten move on Anet’s part.

Shadow refuge, you’re welcome.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

As we played with the stealth changed mentioned in the SotG, we recognized that in conjunction with the change to culling this was an unpredictable change to make. We also felt that it was too big of a hit to these stealth professions, so we ended up pulling that change in favor of just increasing revealed duration by 1 second.

So you were taking a blatant glitch/bug/exploit (culling) being fixed and thus “nerfing” thief survivability because of said blatant glitch/bug/exploit being fixed into account when you were balancing?

What the actual Feline?

No culling in spvp last I checked.

I don’t see how that refutes or contradicts what I said at all? The fact remains that they still considered what essentially was an exploit into their balancing.

Because they only balance classes based on WvW scenarios where bugs are rampant, such as culling.

Please…

They balance classes based on popular demand. If everyone started complaining that 100 blade warriors hit to hard they get nerfed to.

I don’t think they should have touched stealth this patch. With the removal of culling they should have let it play out for a week and see how it worked. Culling could be the nerf stealth needed, If it was still an issue take a look at the other options like adding 1 second to revealed or adding revealed when leaving stealth. This feels like blizzard its balancing the classes, change a bunch of stuff at once and see what happens.

Personally the only thing that seems like its going to be a issue for most thieves is the removal of culling. Every thief has learned there class while culling was an issue, which mean we are all going to have to relearn our class (to a point obviously, skills didn’t change) This of course depends on how big of a effect culling has on thieves and stealth. Also while I don’t feel like 1 second is going to be a huge factor, It will add up and kitten quite a few build…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

As we played with the stealth changed mentioned in the SotG, we recognized that in conjunction with the change to culling this was an unpredictable change to make. We also felt that it was too big of a hit to these stealth professions, so we ended up pulling that change in favor of just increasing revealed duration by 1 second.

Seriously? So thieves and endlessly cloak and dagger players like they do currently? A thief appearing for a quarter a second just to cloak and dagger again is stupid.

Why isn’t this issue with Cloak and Dagger being dealt with?

Are you that person that i can walk to and CnD every 3.5 s untill you die ?
Oh and about the increased reveal time , I hate you anet, now I will fail so much when counting revealed debuff time!

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)

in Thief

Posted by: XZERO.3014

XZERO.3014

I dislike the 4 second revealed duration because they don’t plan to fix it when they get to the real bread and butter.

I would prefer to have the revealed duration if I don’t land an attack in stealth, it provides counter play, and thieves will be considered balanced for once.

IMO thiefs going to be the new “release” necro, nobody is going to want them because they won’t deal any dmg outside of stealth, they are limited to stealth every 4 seconds, and I’m guessing the next thing to go is our back stab and condition dmg, since we can spam a couple moves..

Sorry for the rants but this new change is traumatic to my gaming experience, Watching a.net do this to thief is like watching the South Park episode where Indiana jones gets kitten YouTube it if you’d like but it’s disturbing and tbh so Is watching a net throw thief down the garborater

A bit dramatic don’t you think? I get groups as a support thief, and i’m sure thieves of other variants do as well. Play with some odd builds and you may find your class much more expansive than you once thought.

I’m just saying, a.net won’t stop until thief is hardly useful, just like morello did to Irelia, and when the next expansion comes out, I bet they’ll make a class that fills the same niche as thief, but does better, and their we go thief destroyed.

in Thief

Asudementio.8526

I’m just saying, a.net won’t stop until thief is hardly useful, just like morello did to Irelia, and when the next expansion comes out, I bet they’ll make a class that fills the same niche as thief, but does better, and their we go thief destroyed.

Don’t be so paranoid, it makes any case you could make for improving your class more easily attacked- unrightfully so, but it does.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Are you serious, Clark?

Is this something where you are just afraid to make a larger change (for the benefit of every other profession), or have longer term plans? Is there some idea on when the WvW thief problem will actually be addressed? Q4 2013?

This is the message you are effectively sending the player base: go play a thief in WvW.

Do you realize this?

in Thief

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I just logged in after the patch. Absolutely nothing has changed.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Yes it has, revealed lasts now 4 secs and quickness is nerfed a lot.

have to play a bit to judge if i like it or not, definetly kills a lot of thief rythms. S/D got nerfed a lot with that change, i wish they would have put in the change they talked about earlier, because it would have prevented bad play. (CnD spam) while this one kittens with rythms a lot.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

The only thing I’ve yet to see someone mention in regards to this change (and maybe I’ve just missed it) is now stealth is the only positive “buff” style effect that carries a negative consequence when applied automatically/through no action of the player.

Forgive me if I’m missing something here, but unless I’m mistaken, all “revealed” does is prevent immediate re-application of the buff that initiates it.

If I have a cake, and then I eat it, I would no longer have a cake, at least not until I make another one. Now, if the cake were to have been poisoned or drugged, or if it gave me diabetes, that would suck. But in this case, it does none of those things. I just don’t have a cake anymore. You can’t eat your cake and have it too.

Revealed may technically be a “debuff”, but it functions like a cooldown. Yes, a cooldown. Thieves don’t have to deal with nearly as many cooldowns as the rest of us, but you surely understand how it works. After you exit stealth, you need to wait a couple seconds to be able to use it again. And you can still prolong stealth by stacking duration- you can keep eating cake as long as you have it. But once you exit stealth, either by wearing it out or attacking, you need to wait a meager 3 seconds. Sorry.

when applied automatically/through no action of the player.

Though moot now, my point was if someone or something else stealthed me without my consent, I was paying the price via the revealed debuff. Imagine that cake, only someone forced it down your throat instead of you choosing to eat it – now you don’t have any cake AND you didnt have a choice in eating it – maybe you didn’t want cake now, and you wanted it later? Well too kittening bad. That’s the idea I didn’t like

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

“Thieves are expert in the shadow arts. They utilize stealth and shadowsteps to surprise and to get close to their target. " -http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thief

ANet, if you’re going to exploit on stealth please give us more mobility if you want us to not abuse this mechanic that you implemented in the first place. The 3 second debuff should’ve been enough in the first place, why not make it so that while we’re in stealth and we “miss” our attack then we get out of stealth instead of increasing the debuff.

You listen to those who are crying about stealth thief but a simple kiting could make this stealth useless. If you take out one thing for us, then give us more option in terms of mobility cause each patch you nerf thieves.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

So… WHY did you increase Revealed by 1 second? That is actually worse in my opinion.
Was there some morbid sense of obligation to nerf stealth in SOME way?
You also failed to alter Mug, despite that being the real problem here. Backstab itself already does mediocre damage at best relative to the difficulty in pulling it off, and now you’ve reduce the frequency with which it can be used further.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in Thief

Posted by: Okamakiri.8746

Okamakiri.8746

Congratulations on completely destroying the PVE D/D rotation. I can tell this game doesn’t give two kittens about PVE, and PVP is the only priority.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Congratulations on completely destroying the PVE D/D rotation. I can tell this game doesn’t give two kittens about PVE, and PVP is the only priority.

God, and THAT. Backstab is already the only > 25%, less than 3-4 enemies attack D/D has, and is already tedious in PvE for that reason. Now the build has even more empty auto-attacking.

in Thief

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Apples are to powerful so we are nerfing oranges.

in Thief

Maladon.5760

have to play a bit to judge if i like it or not, definetly kills a lot of thief rythms. S/D got nerfed a lot with that change, i wish they would have put in the change they talked about earlier, because it would have prevented bad play. (CnD spam) while this one kittens with rythms a lot.

I’m telling you I just logged in a played my thief, nothing about stealth has changed. They may have extended the Revealed debuff but if you have Meld With Shadows your playstyle has been unaffected. There’s nothing different about stealth in this new patch.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Thief

Maladon.5760

What rotation are you talking about?

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Thief

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Fact is, you hear a few chop sounds, you see the numbers flying, and 1 second later your dead. How is this supposed to be fun? I don’t care if you have to buff any other aspect of the thief but for kitten’s sake this kittening kitten is kittening unbalanced, 75% of the time I get killed it’s by an invisible thief, perhaps 15% by a mesmer, and 10% the other classes.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Fact is, you hear a few chop sounds, you see the numbers flying, and 1 second later your dead. How is this supposed to be fun? I don’t care if you have to buff any other aspect of the thief but for kitten’s sake this kittening kitten is kittening unbalanced, 75% of the time I get killed it’s by an invisible thief, perhaps 15% by a mesmer, and 10% the other classes.

And absolutely nothing changed here because a BS thief isn’t affected by Revealed if he downs his target with his rotation.

Well, culling was supposed to be fixed so maybe it’ll be slightly easier for you to react.

in Thief

Posted by: avilo.1942

avilo.1942

Seriously? So thieves and endlessly cloak and dagger players like they do currently? A thief appearing for a quarter a second just to cloak and dagger again is stupid.

Probably because it’s not an issue, it’s more of a “learn to play” issue. Thieves are one of the squishiest professions, they rely on stealth as their “defense.” It’s not like the warrior class or guardian.

Stealth did not need a nerf period, it was a matter of players not understanding the profession and realizing aoe counters stealth, culling was the issue not stealth, and a myriad of other things.

Congrats to anet though on not giving into the 2% whiners that have never played a thief themselves. A lot of the people that were making arguments against stealth are the noobs that watch some VOD with cool rock music where there’s a noob backstab thief 1 shotting a level 10 guy upleveled in WvW. Then they think “OMG DID YOU SEE THAT 18 K DAMAGE IN A SPLIT SECOND SO IMBA!”

The route the majority of stealth whiners wanted anet to take was to make the thief a watered down version of a warrior, which everyone should be sure is not what they intended for the class…

And by the way, a lot of people don’t seem to realize how much 1 full second on reveal impacts the thief’s damage output.

In terms of nerfs, before every 3 seconds you could backstab, now it takes 4 meaning every 12 seconds previously you could POSSIBLY get 4 backstabs, whereas now only 3 will be possible. Keep in mind, your backstab is not guaranteed to land. And any stealth effects like regen on stealth, etc. all are affected and nerfed. It’s a big deal.

As for PVE…more of a learn to play issue there as well to be honest. Most good thieves already have moved over to sword/dagger for infiltrator’s strike providing the most mobility of any thief weapon which is almost as strong or stronger than stealth if used properly.

Guess we’ll all see how this turns out _ i don’t think any thief primary player is too happy they decided to cater to the bad players in the first place. And the ones that feel this was unwarranted…they are simply re-rolling d/d invincible ele

(edited by avilo.1942)

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

What rotation are you talking about?

Cnd/backstab/Auto attack chain and repeat

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

if you wanted to do the most damage a thief could do while still providing a little bit of offensive support it was to get into and out of stealth as quickly as possible using CnD and Backstabs right away. Between A CnD / Backstab-Combo there was at least one full auto-attack-cycle fitting in perfectly. But now? The thief already was on the low end of popular professions for harder content like Fractals above lvl 30. But now? Where does it shine at? Damage? No way, not anymore. Support? Class other than thief will do.

Revert the changes on the Revealed-Debuff as fast as possible. Make stealth not stackable (and thus let Shadow Refuge apply ist Stealth duration once, could even use some sort of “tv-out” skill animation), make the Revealed Debuff appear every time you leave stealth, no matter how you leave it… but do NOT keep this totally garbage of a “fix”! This broke most rotations and builds on both the PvE and WvW side.

So, aside of that i´d like to ask fellow thieves what you do in high level PvE content such as Fractals.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I’m sorry, but an across the board 33% nerf to all stealth related abilities and traits is a much, much more drastic change than the nerf proposed in SotG. Something this drastic should not be rolled out at the same time as the culling changes, even if you had a good justification for why stealth is in need of such drastic changes to begin with (and if you do, I’m sure most of us in this forum would like to hear it).

in Thief

Posted by: twoscoops.6913

twoscoops.6913

From the PVE persperctive:

Anet wanted to nerf stealth in PVP and WvW, but essentially only nerfed PVE (where stealth and backstabs were NOT an overpowered issue to begin with). It’s just plain dumb on Anet’s part.

The Shadow Arts trait line is pretty useless now. Most benefits from that line come from stealthing: might, regen, condi removal, initiative regen, etc. Adding the 1s on revealed makes all the actions listed above 25% less effective.

Anet, how about differenciating PVP from PVE?????

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

the only one who are really attracted by this are PvEler….
so there are problems in PvP/WvW with culling and “op” stealth methods…. but for WvW/PvP this change is not as bad as for PvE

[rT]

in Thief

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Im sorry.. What?

The “exploitable” CnD spamming still applies, and the only change is an extra second of revealed? How would stopping perm-stealth be too much of a hit?
I was really looking forward to getting rid of this cheesy kitten strategy.. Oh well.
I’d much rather trade the one extra second for the inability to spam CnD and hide in zergs.

Thank god you decreased the cooldown on “Counterattack”, now i will be able to block those sneak attacks more often.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

So instead of fixing the exploitative uses of stealth you took a giant steamy dump on core play patterns that no one was complaining about.

…logic?

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

^ This.
You left exploitation that needs to be removed from the game at some point in another because it was unpredictable? The longer you wait the greater it gets used, the more people who will resent its eventual removal.
Don’t half kitten what you are supposed to do.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Daeqar.8965

Daeqar.8965

Probably because it’s not an issue, it’s more of a “learn to play” issue.

^

A thief chaining Cloak and Dagger like that isn’t doing significant damage. Also, even though you can’t readily see them; they are extremely vulnerable.

They are going to be standing right next to you, exactly ON A TIMER. You know when and where they will be…use your imagination. Dodge, CC, PBAoE…there’s any number of ways to deal with it and turn the tables. Even just the simple dodge will leave the thief visible and initiative starved.

in Thief

Posted by: Venombeyond.3097

Venombeyond.3097

I think what it boils down to is ANet doesn’t actually care about their players. They don’t truly listen, and they believe changes they think balance or make the game “More fun” only upset the players who were already having fun, the Quickness mechanic for example. I’ve been disliking my thief more and more with time, and now? It’s Laziness. They’ve said in one of their videos they want to keep PVE/PVP skills and powers the same, so it’s “more familiar to players” But they’ve also said “Easier to work with the templates.” …… So rather than putting in the extra work to keep them separated, they just over all nerf the class in this manner. And several others for that matter.

in Thief

Posted by: Imbaloni.1849

Imbaloni.1849

so next patch will be “Warriors deal 4k more dmg wih every hit and the class thief was deleated” ?

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

You felt that it was too big of a hit? Seriously? You think the current nerf is less of a hit?

You didn’t even factor in how this affects traits that rely on stealth. Mainly the Shadow Arts trait line. Do you know your own game?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

23rd or 30th April:

Thief:
- This profession has been deleted. Players who own/owned a Thief will receive a hot, steaming dung in the mail within the next week with a speaker that plays the sound of blowing a raspberry.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

unfortunately while they still believe rolling out blanket changes is the way to go nothing will change, very rarely will an issue be with an entire mechanic, its usually how that mechanic works with 1 or 2 skills but instead of looking into ways to balance those changes they take the “easy” road and just blanket it with a change that usually barely effects the 1 or 2 actual issues while hitting everything else usually much harder.

When you have so many variations of builds, so many different skills that work with things in different ways and so many traits and other little things that effect or get effected by it the moment you decide to blanket it you either have to work out the effect that change is going to have on every single one of those combinations or not care/think of that and punish people for not being the problems.

Couple this with the painfully slow content updates which regularly fail to bring anything new to the game (southsun lul), content thats locked to only certain people (guild missions only for big guilds) my faith in Anet is rapidly running out.

And its not like I even get hurt that much by the nerfs even the old planned nerf would at most have annoyed me that I was now limited in choice, its just the fact that the changes almost never seem to be fully thought through. Though with the way they are chipping away its not long before any spec gets crippled

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Here’s the thing that gets me. They were trying a change to close some exploit loopholes. They decided, for whatever reason, that they didn’t want to do that because it was causing problems.

So instead they just randomly nerfed something because, uh, kitten.

in Thief

Posted by: Battou.7832

Battou.7832

I’m telling you I just logged in a played my thief, nothing about stealth has changed. They may have extended the Revealed debuff but if you have Meld With Shadows your playstyle has been unaffected. There’s nothing different about stealth in this new patch.

Have they fixed any of the other “Meld With Shadows” bugs? I know it doesn’t extend the time that mesmers stealth you, or that combo fields stealth you.

Thief Scoundrel “Hraffen”
[RET] of Fort Aspenwood

in Thief

Posted by: Tolfast.6289

Tolfast.6289

^^This.

D/D pve just took a HUGE nerf. Previously you could CnD / BS / AutioAttack rotaion, and it all fitted in perfectly and felt seamless. Now it feels sluggish and over a long fight that is a lot of lost damage.

in Thief

Posted by: Daeqar.8965

Daeqar.8965

You felt that it was too big of a hit? Seriously? You think the current nerf is less of a hit?

You didn’t even factor in how this affects traits that rely on stealth. Mainly the Shadow Arts trait line. Do you know your own game?

Be certain they did factor it in, and yes, it is less of a hit in every facet of the game except for arguably PvE dungeons.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well I thought the original intent was to make it so thieves couldn’t C&D>C&D. As I see it, only legitimate rotations will really see this change and all of our timing that we’ve gotten accustomed to will change. What we should do is ask for the autoattack chain to be slowed down also so our timing feels right again. That would entirely fix the problem just created. They could have easily put a 1 second reveal debuff at the end of stealth when you don’t attack so C&D would be visible to dodge for a full second (since people couldn’t figure out how to count to 4 and dodge) and left regular reveal duration alone. Let’s see how long it stands.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

It’s a 33% blanket cooldown increase on ALL things stealth related, people.
How do you go from a change that you “felt would be an unpredictable change to make” to something that affects every single aspect of the entire mechanic and call it less drastic…

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Thief

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Hey Jon, if you care so much about your precious thieves, how about us rangers? When do we get some love from you? We are rotting for months now.

in Thief

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

Hey Jon, if you care so much about your precious thieves, how about us rangers? When do we get some love from you? We are rotting for months now.

Jon actually just screwed us over, feel free to take him… Don’t expect good results.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Stealth didn’t need a change in the first place…

ANet seems to have screwed up a lot of things for thief with this patch.

/clap @ worst patch I’ve been around for in GW2…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: LordSlack.4685

LordSlack.4685

I just rolled a thief and fight monsters with D/D and caltrops. What’s hilarious is that they are attempting to balance high level pvp and nerfed my little level 30 into the dirt.

I already thought low level thief was the hardest class to level.

in Thief

Posted by: SebastianRGV.7280

SebastianRGV.7280

Thanks Anet for totally kittening up the CnD – auto-attack chain rotation, now I can finally do worse in dungeons and general pve

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Fact is, you hear a few chop sounds, you see the numbers flying, and 1 second later your dead. How is this supposed to be fun?

Rejoice, because thief is pushed into doing nothing but that.