We all need to relax a little.

in Thief

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Okay, I don’t like what they did to the thief either. Feline’s Grace, Shadow’s Embrace, HP nerf, Armor nerf, etc. did not please me.

However, we did get some buffs at the same time: We got the double steal, which was a good edition (if you chose to use it), and Haste was buffed. I can’t remember what else at the moment.

Note: The patch came out yesterday, so they are going to be bugs, glitches, and balance problems.

A lot of our traits are bugged currently, and I’m sure they’ll be fixed, think about how powerful we’ll be with some of those traits fixed.

Finally, concerning balance: Anet is going to be tweaking and changing things as they see needed, and there’s a chance the thief might get buffed.

There is still a glimmer of hope, and right now, I’m still enjoying my thief a lot. So, we need to relax, and remember there’s still (hopefully good) things coming.

(edited by AegisRunestone.8672)

in Thief

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

However, we did get some buffs at the same time (like that one trait that gives a chance to immobilize a target from an attack when they are under 50% health). We also got the double steal, which was a good edition (if you chose to use it).

Me thinks you don’t actually play thief…

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

AegisRunestone.8672

Yes, I play a thief. I have a level 80 dagger/dagger and shortbow thief. We got buffed and nerfed. More nerfed than buffed IMO. But going nuts over it isn’t going to solve anything, especially since the patch is a day old.

Edit: I forgot to mention… did you look at Haste? Remember when it took away all endurance when used, and made endurance regen at 50%? Yeah, it doesn’t do that anymore. Haste gives 6 secs of quickness, 6 secs of fury, and it breaks stun. We have gotten buffs, I mentioned a couple in the first post.

Regardless, as I stated before, I do think we got nerfed more than buffed.

(edited by AegisRunestone.8672)

in Thief

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Yes, I play a thief. I have a level 80 dagger/dagger and shortbow thief. We got buffed and nerfed. More nerfed than buffed IMO. But going nuts over it isn’t going to solve anything, especially since the patch is a day old.

Edit: I forgot to mention… did you look at Haste? Remember when it took away all endurance when used, and made endurance regen at 50%? Yeah, it doesn’t do that anymore. Haste gives 6 secs of quickness, 6 secs of fury, and it breaks stun. We have gotten buffs, I mentioned a couple in the first post.

Regardless, as I stated before, I do think we got nerfed more than buffed.

Pretty sure he was referring to the fact that panic strikes has been around for quite some time. It’s nothing new.

in Thief

AegisRunestone.8672

Huh. Well, I never was able to max out Deadly Arts before because I maxed Arcobatics and Shadow Arts in prepatch before they allowed us three full specs instead postpatch.

in Thief

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Huh. Well, I never was able to max out Deadly Arts before because I maxed Arcobatics and Shadow Arts in prepatch before they allowed us three full specs instead postpatch.

wait wait… you ran max shadow arts AND acro at the same time?

come on man, stop. You’re not helping your case…

Baer

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Maybe this guy is just pro and sa+acro is the new meta… Or maybe he has no clue what’s he’s doing…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Nivik.2961

Nivik.2961

I see what you’re trying to do here…and I can respect it, BUT, the truth is its really important for the community of thief players to be vocal about what they feel is not working or unfair. This is how these “changes to come” that you speak of come to be. We all love the class, and are paying customers so I think our concerns needs to be heard by the devs. And I think it will be.

in Thief

AegisRunestone.8672

wait wait… you ran max shadow arts AND acro at the same time?

come on man, stop. You’re not helping your case…

What? I did max those two traitlines prepatch. O_o I couldn’t get any further in any other traitlines.

I see what you’re trying to do here…and I can respect it, BUT, the truth is its really important for the community of thief players to be vocal about what they feel is not working or unfair. This is how these “changes to come” that you speak of come to be. We all love the class, and are paying customers so I think our concerns needs to be heard by the devs. And I think it will be.

Well, voicing concerns is fine. I’m mostly talking about people abandoning their thief because they are—apparently—completely unviable now, which isn’t really true. I think that’s an overreaction to the situation. I know P/P got nerfed bad, and something needs to be done about that. Just like Shadow’s Embrace and Feline’s Grace.

I have nothing against voicing concerns, though.

in Thief

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

Well, I lost my P/P thief but I got a D/D condition thief. The upside is a bit lacking but I’m OK with that.

in Thief

AegisRunestone.8672

Well, I lost my P/P thief but I got a D/D condition thief. The upside is a bit lacking but I’m OK with that.

That’s great! Still, while I wasn’t fond of p/p (I preferred d/d), nerfing it removes some diversity with thieves. I heard s/d is better now, though.