Weakening Charge? Just a question Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So I noticed that weakening charge has a similar animation to the necro’s reaper shroud

Death Charge.

I remember when I playtested the reaper there were issues with the attack putting you through the target, which made positioning to get the full effect much harder, and a lot less reliable.
So you guys changed that.
“Death’s Charge – Now dashes to a target, rather than in a direction. No longer passes through your target. No longer stops hitting if the player hits a wall.”

What I am hoping is that you guys learned from that feedback, and have made weakening charge act the same, and not put us through a target if we have them targeted.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Thief

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

…….
no?

Weakening Charge is a forward movement with a twisting body motion while holding the staff
Death’s Charge is a complete leap/float forward while spinning the scythe ahead of you

Death’s Charge complaints came from the fact that it went too far, and the highest damage portion + the condition were near impossible to land correctly, you only hit with the really weak spinning parts

Weakening Charge goes a short distance and has 3 hits that each attack at the same strength with the same condition application each strike

out of all the skills that need new animations from being recycled/clunky looking, this one is fine as is

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

From what I saw, Weakening Charge is perfectly fine. It has a reliable path and attack output, unlike the hideous early version of Death’s Charge.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I like how it is. It has the same distance travel as a Heartseeker so you could calculate it well enough to land right on the target, but even if it doesn’t happen I like that it goes through the enemy.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Solori.6025

…….
no?

Weakening Charge is a forward movement with a twisting body motion while holding the staff
Death’s Charge is a complete leap/float forward while spinning the scythe ahead of you

Death’s Charge complaints came from the fact that it went too far, and the highest damage portion + the condition were near impossible to land correctly, you only hit with the really weak spinning parts

Weakening Charge goes a short distance and has 3 hits that each attack at the same strength with the same condition application each strike

out of all the skills that need new animations from being recycled/clunky looking, this one is fine as is

ahhh I thought the condition was placed at the ending. But if it’s throughout then nvm. XD all’s good

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Yeah, it’s supposed to be more mobility oriented than gap closery, which is why the damage works spread rather than at the end like the reaper charge. It would be less useful to the staff’s playstyle if it was target locked IMO. You know how annoying it is to use heartseeker for mobility rather than damage right?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Solori.6025

So now that everyone is basically tryin this out. Hows it workin?

in Thief

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

i’ve primarily been on chronomancer….
so this is purely an opinion and personal thoughts with limited testing

but, it’s pretty much fine on its own
i didn’t use it often with staff, though
Vault’s damage is just………. you need it
it’s too powerful in most situations to give up initiative
it’s basically a Backstab without position requirements, AoE, and no stealth required
the blind/evade skills aren’t worth the damage loss

but Vault being the most utilized doesn’t mean the others aren’t good
Weakening Charge is fine
a lot of weakness
AND it’s AoE
can’t remember the damage…. but, weakness is a very powerful condition

pretty sure this post was about its animation/ way it moved, though
the fact that it pushes you forward is serving its purpose, and it really is just…… fine
decent skill, doesn’t need tweaking compared to the others in my opinion, whether that be the movement, animation, or the skill itself
……. it’s just, Vault surpasses it in movement, as well

in Thief

Solori.6025

i’ve primarily been on chronomancer….
so this is purely an opinion and personal thoughts with limited testing

but, it’s pretty much fine on its own
i didn’t use it often with staff, though
Vault’s damage is just………. you need it
it’s too powerful in most situations to give up initiative
it’s basically a Backstab without position requirements, AoE, and no stealth required
the blind/evade skills aren’t worth the damage loss

but Vault being the most utilized doesn’t mean the others aren’t good
Weakening Charge is fine
a lot of weakness
AND it’s AoE
can’t remember the damage…. but, weakness is a very powerful condition

pretty sure this post was about its animation/ way it moved, though
the fact that it pushes you forward is serving its purpose, and it really is just…… fine
decent skill, doesn’t need tweaking compared to the others in my opinion, whether that be the movement, animation, or the skill itself
……. it’s just, Vault surpasses it in movement, as well

My problem with this skill now is the mechanics of it. The skill fire you in the direction your character is facing so using a dodge trait to side dodge, or in the few cases I used bound to dodge into my target my character ends up away from or totally overshotting the target. It would be nice if it either worked like warrior whirl for greatsword or HS. Vault is an entirely different issue. SB outperforms staff as a utility and mobility weapon. And vault is kittening slow.