Weapon set balancing

Weapon set balancing

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Here’s a thought that I have had for quite some time:

The main problem with buffing one weapon may be that it will make another weapon set too strong. Take pistol main hand as an example: hey don’t want to buff it because they’re afraid of what it will do to P/D when P/P are struggling.

So here’s my idea:
Balance every weapon to their sets. Like making CnD hit way harder with dagger main hand than with pistol main hand. Let pistol autos do more damage with dual pistols and less with dagger off hand.

Or create new sets. Let D/D have one set of 5 abilities and let P/D have a completely different one.

That should make it easier for ANet to balance them properly…

Melder – Thief

Weapon set balancing

in Thief

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Frankly damage even with AA has never been a problem for my thief.

The thing preventing thieves from getting into groups is the lack of group buffs & group utility.

Weapon set balancing

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

The thing preventing thieves from getting into groups is the lack of group buffs & group utility.

Was just using auto attacks as an example. I’m talking about all weapon skills. The biggest problem with dual pistols are the auto attacks that are mainly a condition attack on a power set. And death blossom that is a condition skill on a power set..

Melder – Thief

Weapon set balancing

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Or create new sets. Let D/D have one set of 5 abilities and let P/D have a completely different one.

I made a case about this idea before and I even added it to my signature. If I held my breath, I would be dead.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Weapon set balancing

in Thief

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

It definitely was for sword. Not that it didn’t deal damage, but it took so long for the AA to connect that you could get interrupted/bursted/blinded three times in between each part of the chain. Dagger and staff damage buffs look unnecessary though.

Weapon set balancing

in Thief

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

To copy/paste what I’ve just typed elsewhere.

“With the caveat that I’m aware that it was only a preview so there may, in theory, be tons of awesome stuff planned that we didn’t see….

If the preview is anything to go by [as a vanilla P/P Thief], it seems like the Devs are only given enough resources to address a tiny subset of specific problems (most likely with a specific brief from TPTB), so it’s all about cheaply keeping it all just about held together with gum and string; rather than properly fixing it.

Separate game mode balance* would cost more than gum and string, so forget it."

*[Or separate skill lines etc, or anything else that doesn’t involve customers sitting around for a year or more waiting for trivial fixes that other MMOs, with far lower budgets, manage to regularly provide perfectly well… grumble….]

Weapon set balancing

in Thief

Posted by: Paulie.6215

Paulie.6215

I don’t play a thief for group buffs. I play a thief to kill kitten. Period.

If I want group buffs I’ll play my guardian.