What Class(es) are you scared of?

in Thief

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

I’m terrified of good necros and warriors. In particular, condi terror necros and CC warriors. What classes are you scared of fighting the most?

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I’m not a thief but belong to a thief guild; from experience doing wvw with them, i find them mostly in tough situations when encountering bunker warriors; thief has too many supperior tools at their advantage to be afraid of any class.

My estimate with thief win situations vs other classes; 9/10

To me, it’s the other way around; thief is a class to be deff. scared of.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Posted by: Zweiwei.1324

Zweiwei.1324

i no scare of any classes, because we’re OP and that why we got nerf on lastest patch. i still felt OP now, can Dev nerf more? then quit. lol

Thief All The Way. Nerfed? So what.

(edited by Zweiwei.1324)

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

No class scares me. We are supreme at 1 v 1.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

Good Mesmers.

in Thief

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Phantasm mesmers are my hardest match-up.

[SoF]

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I used to be afraid of Condimancers but then I mastered the 30/30/30/30/30 D/x + S/x + P/x + SB build and now I just destroy them while evading, stealthing, stunning, stealing their books and hitting them with 12-15k Backstabs all at the same time.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

World Bosses. I really can’t solo them

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Dumbfire Necros….because they’re just incredibly overpowered.

Engineers are always a Wildcard. Some are easy, some are demi-gods.

Black Powder has significantly reduces my fear of Warriors. In fact I even hunt them down now. But without Black Powder I wouldn’t want to face a Warrior either.

Some Mesmer builds can be really tough too but not in an unfair way.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Black Powder has significantly reduces my fear of Warriors. In fact I even hunt them down now. But without Black Powder I wouldn’t want to face a Warrior either.

Good luck with your black powder! After a warrior makes you blow your stun break he will use berserker stance, skull crack you, and hb your face. All while you are standing in a black powder field thinking you are safe :p

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Noir.9218

Noir.9218

Other thieves, especially full berserker ones. The thief is probably the only class that gets away with being full glass cannon thanks to excessive stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I’m not really scared of anything, but I’ll make a small review on every class anyways.
Don’t really know in which order to place them, this one is quite accurate on what I dislike most to be fighting.

Engineers, always had a problem with average engineers. Skilled ones can be quite unbeatable, or they instagib you if you make a mistake. Only way to win is to outlast them which sometimes isn’t even possible, or burst them down in the first seconds, which sometimes isn’t even possible as well. They however require skill, which I approve, and therefor I find them balanced.

Necromancers, same as engineers, just that it doesn’t even take an average necromancer for them to be hard. I can count times I’ve beaten a minionmancer 1v1 on my 2 hands, and none of those I’ve managed to beat were above average in skill.
Weapon sets I’ve fought them with: S/D, D/P, D/D, SB, P/D

Really skilled condition Rangers, really high burst. If spirit, they deal less burst but are a lot more tankier making them outlast thieves. Really skilled LB+GS rangers are also quite hard to beat. Most rangers are bad, and stand on the same spot spamming attacks.

Mesmers are mostly annoying since there are so many variations, sometimes all it takes is to just bring out shortbow and spam cluster bomb even when fighting against 2 mesmers. And sometimes you have to outlast them, and sometimes burst them down in the opening, and condition mesmers are meant to be unkillable apparently.
I however find mesmers quite balanced, with high skillcap and relatively easy to do well with.

Glass cannon Guardians, immunity and boons sided with really high damage.

Warriors are currently not worth fighting, they are hard to damage in every way and
1 successful lockdown kills the thief. As a thief they are hard to melee, they have quick access between 2 weapon sets (15 discipline) and are able to constantly use an ability and chain cc. And healing signet and adrenal health outheals shortbow.

Elementalists are a bit weak currently, but really skilled ones can be a great challenge fighting, been a long time since they’ve annoyed me though and they could use some improvements.

Thieves have mostly been my easiest opponents since most are bads, I was ignoring and didn’t even dodge one who was spamming HS on me the other day in a solo-queue, when he finally got me to low hp I attacked him and got him low quickly, and he stealthed and ran away. Sometimes, these bad thieves are at the right place at the right time with their HS spam though. Fighting really skilled thieves is exciting however.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

(WvW)

Until I switched to Lyssa Runes (as P/P thief), Necros posed a significant threat. Now, I can cope with their pressure, but they can’t cope with mine. Warriors (e.g., cc-spammers) die very easily — outside of their 2x Endure Pain.

Mesmers very often drop within 5-10 seconds, but there are some that are incredibly difficult to maintain pressure on (heavy stealth and phantasms/clones). To me, those are the most difficult to fight (1v1).

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Good luck with your black powder! After a warrior makes you blow your stun break he will use berserker stance, skull crack you, and hb your face. All while you are standing in a black powder field thinking you are safe :p

I’m sure they could do that, but most don’t. They could also outrange the Black Powder field, but again most don’t. And with most I mean 95% of the Warriors I engage with in WvW.

I have encountered one Warrior in sPvP who would accurately outrange my Blind-field while still stun-locking me.

Just because there are counters to a certain move doesn’t mean most players use them.

in Thief

Posted by: Switch.4892

Switch.4892

I would say a d/p thief. Even a bad one. Maybe I’m just bad but I find it really hard to fight something you can’t see for most of the fight.

in Thief

Barfoi.9537

I would say a d/p thief. Even a bad one. Maybe I’m just bad but I find it really hard to fight something you can’t see for most of the fight.

IMO, they’re more of a nuisance and/or waste of time than anything.

If you can interrupt them before BP/HS combo, it makes it a much shorter fight. Quite often, a Steal (Daze) right as they’re about to HS, or a Shadow Step into their field, will get them downed within a few seconds.

in Thief

Lux.7169

except how can he make you blow your stunbreak if he’s blind?

It’s really just a L2P issue, wait for the berserk pop, stunbreak, stealth, and wait 8 seconds to kill him during the huge cd it has.

[SoF]

in Thief

Sifu.6527

It’s really just a L2P issue, wait for the berserk pop, stunbreak, stealth, and wait 8 seconds to kill him during the huge cd it has.

except how can you make a good warrior pop berserk stance?

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I struggle against some Engineers and Mesmers, but it’s Necros that I fear the most. I get overwhelmed by the condition spam.

Warriors and Guardians I’m not particularly afraid of, but I always test the waters. Even if I can beat them, sometimes it’s just not worth the effort of an engagement.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Thief

Posted by: DANGRYdan.8392

DANGRYdan.8392

This is just a general statement, but we have all the tools necessary to beat any other class (on paper).

It all comes down to relative skill.

Better players will beat me, and I will learn from it. Inferior players are a breeze, and I don’t even burn elites / heals / utilities a lot of the time.

I’ve found that Tarnished Coast has a significant number of fantastic roamers / duelers, and I often hesitate to engage them.

[RED]Tigurius Rex – Maguuma
Become an Asuran multi-tool thief

in Thief

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

Feardhuumcondispam Necros, Healtankstuncondiimmune Warriors. The rest…I simply don’t see enough of any other class that is played well enough to not beat at least fairly often.

Anyone who says we have a counter/tool necessary to beat these two classes is simply WRONG.

in Thief

swinsk.6410

I’ve been playing warrior instead of thief lately. All it requires is a good shield bash to break a thirds stun. Then skull crack. I don’t stand in blind fields either. Just outside them to land a stun, or a well time skull crack as the thief heartseeker out towards you.

I run 3 stances , melandru runes, condi food reduc, 0/10/30/0/30 on warr. Fairly tanky with skill setup and 30 defense with good crit damage and burst mastery. I don’t think I’ve had to blow more than 1 ability vs a thief in 1v1.

I’m not a noob thief and def not a noob warr. It’s much easier to kill a noob thief than it is to kill a noob warrior, but a good warrior is not going to lose to a good thief.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Barfoi.9537

but a good warrior is not going to lose to a good thief.

With the proper setup, there is very little a warrior (in WvW) can do against a P/P thief. They can’t maintain melee range, can’t maintain stuns, and can’t out-heal or mitigate the damage.

Of course, that’s from my experience, and I gladly welcome alternate insights otherwise.

in Thief

Imagi.4561

With the proper setup, there is very little a warrior (in WvW) can do against a P/P thief. They can’t maintain melee range, can’t maintain stuns, and can’t out-heal or mitigate the damage.

Of course, that’s from my experience, and I gladly welcome alternate insights otherwise.

I wonder, though, how many players use P/P? I dislike the weaponset because of its inherent lack of synergy, and from what I’ve seen it’s generally unpopular for the same reason.

I think it hints at some mechanics issues if the only weaponset that Warriors have difficulty countering is (arguably) the weakest and least popular one.

#ELEtism

in Thief

Sifu.6527

I wonder, though, how many players use P/P? I dislike the weaponset because of its inherent lack of synergy, and from what I’ve seen it’s generally unpopular for the same reason.

I think it hints at some mechanics issues if the only weaponset that Warriors have difficulty countering is (arguably) the weakest and least popular one.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying P/P is a counter to Warriors but a good weaponset vs the warrior meta builds; Hammer/GS, M/S/GS, GS/LB, etc

Warriors can counter P/P, they just don’t want to because they rarely run into it.

in Thief

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

P/P thief vs warrior….warrior stands there, laughs while P/P thief pew pews them without actually doing any damage. Warrior health bar stays at max whole time.

Good enough counter?

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Only other (glassy) thieves tbh, oh and mesmers with moa. xD From everything else I can just escape, even with my full glass thief, unless if I really kitten up ofc.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

So I guess sic em hasn’t been the huge problem many thieves thought it would be, lol.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Barfoi.9537

(in reference to WvW)

P/P thief vs warrior….warrior stands there, laughs while P/P thief pew pews them without actually doing any damage. Warrior health bar stays at max whole time.

I would recommend trying a setup (gear, traits, etc.) that can actually deal sustainable damage. It’s very common to see warriors melt in 5-10 seconds, and with P/P, there’s nothing they can do about it but try to run. Same with Guardians.

I wonder, though, how many players use P/P?

I very seldom encounter another P/P thief, but there are definitely those that play it and enjoy it. I assume most are just put-off by the weapon-set’s lack of mobility/utility, but I don’t mind. If anything, the more people complain about that, perhaps the better my setup will be “tweaked”.

I’d say ranged just provides an advantage against non-ranged, and that’s why its damage is purposely inferior. However, for melee to survive (i.e., the warrior), they need to compensate and not just go full Berserker. Ranged, however, do not quite need to make this sacrifice.

As long as a P/P thief can maintain a gap, and the warrior cannot compensate quickly, the warrior will naturally lose. It’s no different than a Swordsman charging someone with… dual pistols.

Warriors can counter P/P, they just don’t want to because they rarely run into it.

How?

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

(in reference to WvW)

I would recommend trying a setup (gear, traits, etc.) that can actually deal sustainable damage. It’s very common to see warriors melt in 5-10 seconds, and with P/P, there’s nothing they can do about it but try to run. Same with Guardians.

I wonder, though, how many players use P/P?

I very seldom encounter another P/P thief, but there are definitely those that play it and enjoy it. I assume most are just put-off by the weapon-set’s lack of mobility/utility, but I don’t mind. If anything, the more people complain about that, perhaps the better my setup will be “tweaked”.

I’d say ranged just provides an advantage against non-ranged, and that’s why its damage is purposely inferior. However, for melee to survive (i.e., the warrior), they need to compensate and not just go full Berserker. Ranged, however, do not quite need to make this sacrifice.

As long as a P/P thief can maintain a gap, and the warrior cannot compensate quickly, the warrior will naturally lose. It’s no different than a Swordsman charging someone with… dual pistols.

How?

With a long bow skill that does 18k bleed damage and snares for around 6 seconds

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Barfoi.9537

With a long bow skill that does 18k bleed damage and snares for around 6 seconds

Actually, that’s quite a coincidence — that last warrior I fought in WvW (1v1) was oddly enough trying to use LB against me. I only remember the fight because it’s “rare” for a warrior to range me.

In that fight, I decided to just stay immobilized, and ate the bleeds. I basically stood there and spammed Unload until they were downed. Very quick and dull fight. If it was threatening, I would’ve used Basilisk (Lyssa), but it wasn’t even necessary.

In 1v1, LB or Rifle warriors simply pose very little threat. If I’m roaming in a crowd of enemy, however, Kill Shot can 1-shot me, but that happens very, very rarely. Good for laughs, though, on both sides.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Nothing scares me, but a lot of builds/classes are challenging for me (in good hands). I love a good fight and to learn to beat a class.
The only thing that scares me during a duel, is being interrupted by any side before a clear victorer was been set.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

swinsk.6410

Not sure how p/p is going to stay away from a warr with mace/shield and gs that’s immune to your damage.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Imagi.4561

So I guess sic em hasn’t been the huge problem many thieves thought it would be, lol.

I’m going to refute this once because I think it’s worth addressing, and then let it be because this topic isn’t really related to the subject of this thread.

The vast majority of complaints related to “Sic ’Em” were about the implementation of the Reveal—i.e., giving a profession an unavoidable hard counter to stealth, which in turn can hard counter the Shadow Arts trait line and the benefits therein. Thieves and Rangers both agreed that “Sic ’Em” as a skill wasn’t really an issue for Thieves nor would it help to address permastealth, since the likelihood of an otherwise weak utility being incorporated into the meta was slim to none and permastealth Thieves can restealth enough to make the Reveal moot.

#ELEtism

(edited by Imagi.4561)

in Thief

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

As a d/p thief main since beta 1, the classes I’ve typically had a harder time fighting are phantasm mesmers and grenade/bomb engineers, speaking in a sPvP environment. Mesmers are challenging because of all the clones. They soak up damage and deal consistently high numbers to you. You have to choose to either kill the phantasms or deal damage to the mesmer, both of which have their ups and downs. Mesmers who shatter their clones often, however, are not that hard to kill. I’ve opted to make s/p my secondary set just for mesmers. Engineers are scary because of the huge amount of AoE they have and their ability to deal major bursts of damage without notice.

In a WvWvW environment, nothing is scary because of all the stat padding you have. Unless the opponent specs specifically into survivability, you can 2 shot pretty much anything with the ability to disengage at any time.

Even with the absurd state warriors are in now, I’ve always found warriors to be the easiest class to kill. Maybe it’s because I’ve also played the mace/shield – greatsword warrior since launch, but it’s laughable how predictable they are. As long as you’re in their face with blinding powder, they can’t touch you.

Necros can be scary if they catch you off guard, but ultimately they have no disengages and almost 0 mobility, so even if you disengage and reset, they’ll never be able to get away from you.

Honestly, the only real threat to a thief is another thief, because it can do everything you can. They aren’t scary if you notice them, but a good thief will always catch you off guard and put you in an immediate disadvantage.

in Thief

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

grenade/bomb engineers

^this

And I don’t speak about “any” engi. I’m speaking bout those people who mastered this spec. Honestly this kind of engi in hands of pro is unbeatable.

I’ve seen one like this in AM. If I could choose then I prefer to fight party of warriors/mesmers/necros than this guy alone.

in Thief

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

all depends on the build ur playing

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I don’t play glass thief, but I’d imagine players who run glass D/D or D/P builds would be scared of other thieves insta ganking them. It looks like it would be first to get a good backstab wins.

in Thief

Posted by: Nivam.2386

Nivam.2386

“good” players are often a challenge, but I am not scared of any class though. Some fights you loose, mostly you win. It all depends on skill (which excludes any d/p build in my opinion)

Thief of Insert Evil Name [ASAP] / Kodash

in Thief

Lux.7169

except how can you make a good warrior pop berserk stance?

He can’t hit you if you use blind fields well. Now if he goes LB you can just steal and reflect his ranged attacks back at him.

I have no problems with warrior. You make him use Bstance through blinds…. if you’re getting hit when he doesn’t have Bstance up you’re doing it wrong.

[SoF]

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I mainly sPvP/tPvP, the classes I hate fighting against are Engies and HA Bunkers. I mostly win my encounters, but it takes AGES to kill them.

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

thief scared? GOOD JOKE! Im hoping on the next patch they remove our ability to wield weapons so my opponents have a chance.

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I had trouble with that basic Electrical Engineering class back in the day. Everything past V = I * R was a mystery to me.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast