What are you re-rolling too?

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1568

Shadow.1568

Well. After seeing the latest thief patch notes it seems their “Compensation” For the damage Nerf were utility buffs which doesn’t really compensate for our lost damage. I’m pretty sure Mesmer illusions do more damage they thief do now. So i ask the question.

What are you re-rolling too. Surely the thief still cant be viable in serious pvp now. We have no more viable specs. Yes you may say condition thief, But seriously? Id take a necro/engi any day for conditions…

I have warrior in mind. Seems they can still one shot people.

EDIT: This is not a qq thread iv played thief since bwe#1 But the thief has become a state where it is now useless. I find the thief fun none the less but for serious pvp (paid tournys) What can the thief do other classes cant? Stealth? Engi can give that out with smoke field or something. Conditions? Necro/engi. Mabey burst. 100b Warrior/mesmer.

If you are going to comment please base it on a pvp perspective and serious pvp play not just “Oh. well im still playing thief because i enjoy it”. This is about the usefulness of the thief not “If you still enjoy it”

(edited by Shadow.1568)

in Thief

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

I honestly lol’d at the 50% and 33% damage reduction, then I cried, then threw up a little. This is going to hurt non glass cannons soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Definitely had a feeling they would go all Blizzard on thieves but didn’t think they would really go through with it.

I mean, balanced isn’t even an option anymore. Now we’ll see even MORE glass cannons and lolDBspam builds, either that or just no more thieves.

As for me, Warrior or Mesmer of course.

Way to give in to the QQ ANet, e-sports lol yeah right what a joke

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’m not, Thief/Assassin has always been my main in every game I can play that has those kinda classes.

in Thief

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Yes Shadow Warriors are pretty decent , can make up to 20k crits , melee and range ! Above all heavy armour too and the best part is they get no weekly nerfs !

in Thief

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

My thief has now been rerolled into the legendary bank class, honestly why was tactical strike nerfed? Why was dancing dagger nerfed? Why was cluster bomb nerfed? Oh well might solve people using thieves in hotjoin… now we may see loads more killshot warriors and mesmers… fun fun fun

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in Thief

Posted by: HTXL.2598

HTXL.2598

Nothing, because unlike you and majority of the thieves on this forum, I played it with skill and not because it was the strongest and one of the most facerolls in PvP…

Get out

Hey Ranger, please the ranger forum is that way →

in Thief

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

W3 counts as PvE so Thieves received almost only buffs there.

in Thief

HTXL.2598

Roll Staff bunker Ele, already strong, Mist form got buffed

in Thief

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

Nothing, because unlike you and majority of the thieves on this forum, I played it with skill and not because it was the strongest and one of the most facerolls in PvP…

Get out

Hey Ranger, please the ranger forum is that way ->

There’s this thing people can do, you know making more than one alt…

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

in Thief

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

My thief has now been rerolled into the legendary bank class, honestly why was tactical strike nerfed? Why was dancing dagger nerfed? Why was cluster bomb nerfed? Oh well might solve people using thieves in hotjoin… now we may see loads more killshot warriors and mesmers… fun fun fun

Yup. Personally I’m tired of being the underdog and still told my class is OP, I dealt with that for years in other MMO’s. I’ve never been one to reroll because of a patch note but to hell with it, I’m not going through this crap again.

Meh, this & the ascended crap really just makes me want to take a huge break from GW2. Not going in the direction I imagined at all. Maybe I’ll finally buy MoP :/ at least I KNOW what Blizz is going to pull.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

in Thief

HTXL.2598

Get out

Lies, everything about your post history is biased. I’ve already read so please, don’t delete.

in Thief

HTXL.2598

You guys are the worst babies I have seen in any MMO, you can still abuse stealth and backstab and heartseeker.

But good, reroll, almost every guy and his mother plays thieves in wvwvw, the less I see the better. Try other classes and see how HARD they have it compared to thieves.

Nope. The babies were the ones that cried nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Last I looked, this simply moved you from being able to take a target from Max HP to dead to having to pick a wounded target and spiking him down. What’s dis? You have to THINK now? For shame. Thieves got good buffs in other areas and there;s PLENTY of viable builds.

In a way, the perception of being nerfed has a greater effect than actually BEING nerfed.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Thief

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

W3 counts as PvE

Really? Can anyone else confirm this?

in Thief

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

Get out

Lies, everything about your post history is biased. I’ve already read so please, don’t delete.

You’re a troll or an idiot. Either or a waste of my time. Sit there and wallow in your disdain.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

in Thief

Posted by: lonewolf.2601

lonewolf.2601

I was also expecting this nerf, although fighting against it on every topic. Now I just want to see what happens, will people shut it now they got what they wanted? Will the game become more enjoyable and challenging?

If yes, then great but if that nerf was the start to an endless class balancing every month like it happened on other mmo’s then I will be off.

Simple as that.

[SPGR] Lonewolfgr – Norn Thief – Underworld
Spartians guild - Greeks join us!

in Thief

HTXL.2598

Get out

You’re a troll or an idiot. Either or a waste of my time. Sit there and wallow in your disdain.

Fine, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, and say you have a 80 thief.

You still don’t know jack about pvp thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

go on! reroll clothies pls

in Thief

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

Well I expected that cluster bomb nerf and it was needed I guess but still it sucks. Oh well, still gonna keep playing both my thief and warrior lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

lol , i like thief more then before

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

My S/P thief was untouched so yeah, no major complaints for me…heck, if smoke screen is considered a trick it’s actually a buff to my build.

in Thief

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

W3 counts as PvE

Just rechecked it if it may have changed, no, W3 skill counts as PvE, so the nerfs for Thieves in W3 are:

*Dancing Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 50%.

(edited by DesertRose.2031)

in Thief

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

W3 counts as PvE

WvW falls under PVE. Anywhere you bring your PVE / regular gear is PVE.

Anywhere you use PVP gear is PVP.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Thief

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

Well that’s not quite so bad then. Cluster bomb is currently pretty much the only thing we can do from the walls of a tower due to our pitiful 900 range on everything else.

in Thief

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

i wouldn’t roll mesmers just yet. the ‘fix’ to berzerker means that outside of long cooldown, short duration, low damag chaos storm and feedback the class brings nothing to a keep/tower siege if they don’t provide and man oodles of siege equipment

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

W3 counts as PvE

LOL I thought it was where ever you Vs other players it’s PvP

in Thief

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Tempted to be honest, the patch ruled out other specs that weren’t GC BS builds or the condition build (afraid I do not enjoy the Thief condition builds). I’ll leave my Thief for a bit an hope they make other weapon sets decent (S/D, S/P, SB, P/P, these can be ok but lets face it, DD is just better).

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: MiniAchilles.4617

MiniAchilles.4617

Roll Staff bunker Ele, already strong, Mist form got buffed

Hate to disappoint but they just received a HEAVY nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

W3 counts as PvE

Just rechecked it if it may have changed, no, W3 skill counts as PvE, so the nerfs for Thieves in W3 are:

*Dancing Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 50%.
*Tactical Strike: This skill’s damage has been increased by 10% in all formats.

It doesn’t matter. Arenanet’s thought process is clear: sledgehammer nerfs with a teaspoon of sweetner and more to come to wvw. I used to do s/d w/ a balancedish build. Now it’ll have to be pinch-my-nose-and-go-d/d-glass, reroll or hibernate. And, tbh, someone else will have to volunteer to be arenanet’s punching bag.

[CIR] Crimson Imperium Reborn / Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

Spiders Spiders Spiders.8043

I honestly lol’d at the 50% and 33% damage reduction, then I cried, then threw up a little. This is going to hurt non glass cannons soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Definitely had a feeling they would go all Blizzard on thieves but didn’t think they would really go through with it.

Indeed. Funny thing is dancing dagger was just lovely to deal with glass backstabbers, which apparently was the issue they were going to address. And I say apparently because… well… lol.

As for me, Warrior or Mesmer of course.

I’d recommend warrior if you like it. It seems to be the base class in this game.

[CIR] Crimson Imperium Reborn / Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

W3 counts as PvE

LOL I thought it was where ever you Vs other players it’s PvP

Haha, you’d think

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Thief

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

I’m more worried about what are we going to re – roll after the warrior gets nerfed, maybe we should lv up every class… just in case,

You all said you were playing the thief because you like the playstyle, am i wrong?

Well, the playstyle remains the same, keep having fun just like I’m having fun with my crappy necro since the beggining

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

I’m going to re-roll as a sith in SWTOR and stop with Grind Wars 2 (3 months after triforge pendant is out, a new tier surfaces R.O.F.L), or at least until thieves receive better buffs and fixes to poisons.

in Thief

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

Since S/D is now completely worthless (which is the main reason I was playing a Thief)
, I’ll either reroll as a Mesmer or just play a different game.

I was so hyped for this patch and now I’m just extremely sad and frustrated.

in Thief

Posted by: Nyakitty.9165

Nyakitty.9165

I’m currently working on a Guardian character. Not quite as fun as playing a thief was, but I find the class to be fun enough and I enjoy the insane defense.

in Thief

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Not re-rolling. Still have fun on my thief.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Went back to S/P and fell in love all over again. Sticking with Thief.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Not going anywhere. We were hardly touched. Dancing Dagger always was a snare first. Now we just can’t abuse Rangers with it. If you play WvW that’s pretty much it besides slight S/D nerfs that people are blowing out of proportion.

Thieves guild now yanks people from 1200 range…. it’s so awesome!

in Thief

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

Please reroll elementalists and hunters. I’ll still be laughing over your bodies with the bloody daggers in my hand, thanking Anet they didn’t listen to the haters.

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Dancing Dagger always was a snare first.

That is like giving Heartseeker another 50 % nerf and saying “It was always a gap closer first”, or removing the damage from C&D and saying “It was always just a way to get into stealth”.

DD was what it was, a ranged burst + cripple ability that did optimal damage to 2 targets and was an excellent way to dump initiative. Now it is mostly a utility skill to apply cripple at range while still having the downsides of its former self: init cost, slow projectile speed, very weak unless you’re in a target rich environment.

If the intent is to heavily change the role of DD then the ability should be balanced as a simple ranged cripple utility with accordingly lower initiative cost, faster flight, and/or effectiveness against single targets.

in Thief

Posted by: John Lucier.5486

John Lucier.5486

Im probably gonna reroll to NotGonnaLogin class because of the ascended gear, not even any of the balance changes. I came here to play GUILD WARS, not WORLD OF GUILD WARCRAFT. Funny thing is, I am pretty sure you can dig up at least 2 official A-net representative statements and marketing spots specifically stating this game was not going to be about gear, a gear grind or like WoW. Perhaps A-net should look up this really special legal term that has just been invented itis called “False Advertising”, usually doesn’t end well for the advertiser.

in Thief

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

Not going anywhere. We were hardly touched. Dancing Dagger always was a snare first. Now we just can’t abuse Rangers with it. If you play WvW that’s pretty much it besides slight S/D nerfs that people are blowing out of proportion.

Thieves guild now yanks people from 1200 range…. it’s so awesome!

Your right, if you play WvW not much changed.
For us sPvP players S/D is now completely worthless.
Imagine if this nerd had happened, to, say a Warrior Greatsword;
Hundred Blades has had a 33% damage reduction.
Bladtrail has had it’s bug fixed and recieved a 50% damage reduction.
You can now only Charge at a distance of half of what you used to.
And, one of your other skills are bugged and doesn’t work correctly.
Can you imagine the uproar that would be happening right now in the Warrior forum?
Because that’s exactly what happened to S/D in sPvP.

in Thief

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Well I love versatility. They made it rather impossible to play something different on a thief now. So I’m thinking about either engineer or warrior (lots of different weapons). Prolly engineer since I already have a guardian at level 80.

I was hoping this patch would bring some much needed changes to a thief. Changes that would make innovative and utility based builds more viable instead of just another way of nerfing yourself. And since it didn’t, I think I’m shelving my thief for now. Only thing that sucks is that I got cultural tier 3 on my thief

in Thief

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This is a joke right? The nerfs weren’t even that bad. I have a ranger, theif, and an ele (I did play warrior for a bit but it was too boring). I felt most OP on my theif so I can’t really understand why there is so much QQ after this patch. I understand that it does suck to go week after week getting nerf, but when you start out that OP it’s bound to happen.

Put yourself in the shoes of the ranger, waiting week after week to bet your class stuff fixed and nothing happens. You get a buff to underwater combat which you were already OP in (which is garbage because nobody fights there)

RIP in peace Robert

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

I feel bad for Rangers. I have two friends who main rangers and were excited for the patch who are now re-rolling thieves post patch. One salvaged all his ranger gear to outfit his thief and the other is rolling a thief. I think that says something about the state of thieves post patch.

in Thief

Posted by: Rauphz.2869

Rauphz.2869

Backstab and HS don’t got nerf. I dont feel the changes so big with my Thief.
Ok, DD -50%dmg is huge, but it’s nice yet with two players. And Trick (SB) works well.
Believe me, you are not ranger to QQ after this patch. Thief have the same 490390493049039403043 invi’s with only 3s cd, and run the north to south with 3 inf arrow like always do.

in Thief

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

I think your only option is Warrior, and I’ve now come to believe the old MMO adage that Warriors are the most-played class in every MMO and that Warriors get whatever Warrior players want.

Elementalist? I have a level 50 Elementalist and have avidly sought out skill challenges to fill out my skills. Problem is, the two top-tier, 30-point Elite skills are worthless. In fact, Tornado was so despised before the patch that people would only use it to immediately cancel it and keep the 20-second stability boon. That loophole was closed in the patch, rendering it useless.

Other than that, some fixes that might be good. One of the signature moves of a D/D Elementalist, for example, has been Ride the Lighting. Unfortunately, it’s been plagued with pathing problems that result in either no movement or else being frozen at the end of the move, depending on terrain factors. In the patch, they said they fixed the OTHER issue where RtL would easily miss moving targets. Perhaps they also fixed the terrain issues, but…

Mesmers didn’t get much out of the patch either. One cool skill, using a less popular offhand, The Prestige, got a buff but it was buffed in a way that doesn’t actually benefit most Mesmers.

I’m really enjoying my (level 20) Thief and will probably continue playing him. After reading all of the forums and triangulating comments with my own experience, I’d say that no class got the fixes they desperately need, and most fixes were either nerfs or were fixes that were easy to implement in the code. Plus a couple of necessary nerfs that were implemented the easy way and thus overshot their mark by so much that they destroyed the skill rather than fixed it.

I’d give the patch a C- for profession fixing/balancing. They spent too much effort on new content.

in Thief

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Ironic that Ele’s got stability removed from cancelling their elite, but Thieves didn’t. Heh

The change of Tactical Strike I can understand. A 2s daze is OP with +33% daze runes. But the gutting of offhand dagger is just ridiculous.

Love the change to Blinding powder. It gives pre-emptive stealth to non-offhand dagger. D/P more viable for backstabs now?

in Thief

Posted by: Okamakiri.8746

Okamakiri.8746

If I re-roll to anything, it will be to a different game.

in Thief

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

I switched over to S/S mesmer. I’m actually enjoying it more than I did my S/D thief pre-nerf. It has a good mix of damage, reaction based damage-mitigation, and tactical opportunity between all the things you can do with clones/phantasms. The only real thing I find lacking is the movement speed, which I’ll likely fix with Centaur/Air runes when I’m able too.

S/D is just too gutted for me to want to stay with it. Auto-Attack is still fine and viable, it’s just a really boring and mindless way to play the game. Dancing Dagger and Cloak and Dagger where my elevated thought attacks, and now neither of them is really worth the trouble or Initiative. Hell, Initiative is borderline meaningless.