What do you stack on your thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Are you a Strength/Precision, a Precision/Toughness/Condition damage, what are you and why do you use it?

GO!

in Thief

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

a mix of all of the stats that aren’t precision

in Thief

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

My S/P Venomous Aura character runs Power / Precision / Toughness. Based on my healing output, I can get away with a lower Vitality score and Precision grants me additional ways to heal by using x2 Superior Sigil of Blood & Omnomberry Pie.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Thief

Posted by: Nhika.2398

Nhika.2398

PVP

30 to power traits, and then condition damage

takes your death blossom to 4.6k bleed over 15 seconds (note it stacks)
so 3 death blossom = 4.6 + 4.6 + 4.6

in Thief

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Power/Precision/CritDamage. They multiply together, they don’t conflict with other players, and MOAR DAMAGE is always relevant.

I don’t take the Power trait line, though, because I think the actual abilities in it aren’t really worthwhile.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I copied Koroshi and haven’t changed much except some traits since….

All my gear is Valk, exception is chest piece which is zerk.

All accessories/weapons are zerk.

Running around 15k HP mobility/bs build.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

Power/Precision/CritDamage. They multiply together, they don’t conflict with other players, and MOAR DAMAGE is always relevant.

I don’t take the Power trait line, though, because I think the actual abilities in it aren’t really worthwhile.

Because a 5k Mug isn’t worthwhile?

WvW:
Power/Prec/Crit dam
Because it’s WvW it simply doesn’t matter.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAqYVlUmCN3aS1E95EB3DjC1nqpgm2sTBXtKA;TsAgyCuogxAjAGrPOYk+sCZEysDA
Jewelry 100% Berserker
Weapons 100% Berserker
Armor 3 pieces of Valkyrie rest Berserker
14,8k HP

tPvP
Cond/power/vit
Most fun you can ever have. Delaying points, capturing points, roaming. You name it.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAqYVlUmCN3aS1E95EB3DjC1nqpgm2sTBXtKA;TsAgyCuogxAjAGrPOYk+sCZEysDA
Full Carrion
19245 HP

in Thief

ASP.8093

Because a 5k Mug isn’t worthwhile?

I don’t really like it as much in WvW.

I mostly mean putting 30/25 points in DA to get the Power and traits, though. 10 points for Mug is often a reasonable investment.

in Thief

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

Mug is by far the most stupid skill there is in this game.. It’s an instant gap closer with the possibility of doing 5k. It also allows you to precast CnD which means in WvW another 5k followed up by a backstab of lets say 5-10k.

If you run power/prec/crit dam and you don’t have Mug you are cheating yourself out of free damage. There is no other skill that will be as useful as Mug is with those stats.

in Thief

Posted by: Plaxy.4617

Plaxy.4617

I stack Power/precision/critical damage, Traits are Precision Toughness and Health and a splash of Mug

in Thief

Posted by: Radeonkid.2843

Radeonkid.2843

Power/Precision/Cond. Should i go for critical too? Seems like majority likes crit.

in Thief

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

This, but with 10 in Deadly arts for mug in WvW. 3 pieces of jewelry are Valkyrie for some extra HP.

Power/Precision/Cond. Should i go for critical too? Seems like majority likes crit.

Depends if you want to play a direct damage build or a condition damage build.

in Thief

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Right now I run a 0/030/20/20 P/D build but instead of carrion like most thieves do I use shaman gear which is Healing/Vit/condition dmg. Being able to heal myself almost 2k hp every time I stealth and still spam sneak attack for 95 a tick on bleed is just ridiculous . And that’s with blue lvl 71 gear upscaled in wvwvw

(edited by Loading.4503)

in Thief

Kyosji.8961

Currently I run this:
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.7.1.10.13.0.0.0.0.0.156.165.168.176.179.0.0.0.456.459.460.468.475.476.0.0.0.0.0.0.515.0.0.30.30.0.0.10

before the Lost Shores event, I was running with level 70 exotic full Power/Percision/Crit% gear and running around with a ember. It was great the amount of damage I was doing in PvE (900-1.1k on regular hits and 2.5k-5k on crits), but in dungeons I was useless. I was always 1 hit and it was quite annoying.

After the Lost Shores event when all that armor was being sold dirt cheap, I decided to pick up a full set of exotic level 80 Precision/Condition Dmg/Toughness gear (the event armor had higher armor rating then that in Orr Karma merchants).

I do a bit less damage surprisingly (600-1k regular hits, and 1.5-3k crits), but with my precision stacks I can cap off at around 63% crit chance, so I’m actually taking mobs down quicker while being able to take about twice as much damage, and I stopped using the ember because it was slowing me down more then it was helping me while waiting for its life to regen. I tried it last night in WvW as well and I’m not sure I like it as much for that because I’m not hitting hard enough for quick takedowns.

I’m still up in the air what I liked more, and I’m thinking of buying out a full set of level 80 exotic power/crit/precision just to see damage vs survivability in PvE./WvW

I have a question for everyone about a build like this. What would be the best setup for damage/life gaining? D/D, S/D, S/P, P/P, or just 1 handing, Also, will poisons tick a slow regen of life on me with Signate of Malice? I know with bleed it doesn’t, but when I throw down choking gas with my short bow, I get a tick to my life every half second to full second.

Also, please, if you see room for improvement on this build let me know. I’m willing to try it.

in Thief

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Power/Tough/Vit with a sprinking of crit damage and precision.

in Thief

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

I run a condition build, so my focus is on Power/Vit/Condition. Pretty much any and all Carrion Gear & Flame Legion gear

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in Thief

Kyosji.8961

What do you mean Flame Legion gear? Is that just the rune on the armor?

in Thief

ASP.8093

If you run power/prec/crit dam and you don’t have Mug you are cheating yourself out of free damage. There is no other skill that will be as useful as Mug is with those stats.

It does less for Sword/Dagger because the build isn’t all about spike compression. I’ve seen SPvP videos that make good use of Mug in S/D, but often they hold Steal back for a final little finishing burst rather than leading with it (Infiltrator’s Strike instead, to set up an escape path if anything goes wrong).

In WvW, Mug’s cooldown leaves me cold. I benefit from faster Initiative gain and 4-second stealth far more often than I would benefit from the once-every-45-seconds mini-burst.

in Thief

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

What do you mean Flame Legion gear? Is that just the rune on the armor?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Citadel_of_Flame_armor

Click on the medium Shaman armor and you’ll see there’s a set with Power/Vit/Condition stats.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

On my thief, I have the following exotic armour sets: Berserker’s, Explorer’s, Carrion, and Valkyrie.

As for trinkets, I have the following exotic ones: Ruby, Opal, Chrysocola, and Emerald.

For weapons, I have exotic D/D & P/P sets in Berserker’s, and Traveller’s, a Berserker’s Bow, and a Carrion P/D set.

For traits; in PvE, I generally run 0/30/0/20/20, and swap around the selectable traits depending on the situation, as I do with the armour and trinkets, and my utility skills. For PvP, I always change it around since I don’t like playing the same old dull thing…even if most of the other builds are far more inefficient.

in Thief

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I’m actually doing more of a glass build now (not exclusively glass though)

My accessories stack Power/Prec/Crit Dmg
My armor stacks Power/Tough/Vit/Crit Dmg in that order.
My Weapons stack Power/Prec/Crit Dmg

The precision, power and crit dmg make me hit a good 1-3k harder then before. I expect the Ascended rings and back piece to boost my dmg around another 1-1.5k

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

P/V/T Armor and P/V/Condmg everything else.
P/D and D/D
10/0/30/30/0

(edited by Stiv.1820)