What elite skill do you like the most?

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

Just hit 31 and I can buy an elite skill so I want your guys opinions. Out of all of them the thieves guild one looks kitten awesome. Unless the guys you summon just stand there and do nothing I can’t see why you wouldn’t take it besides its long cool down.

The venom looks nice for PvPing and the grim reaper one seems really strong. I don’t like the Melandru ability though, sounds dumb and boring and weak and not thief-like

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

I LOVE dagger storm for wvw projectile reflection. Pvp basilisk venom all the way. I never really use the other ones as they don’t have as much on demand utility as I would like from a thief elite. Hope I was at least a bit helpful and good luck gaming fellow thief

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

I LOVE dagger storm for wvw projectile reflection. Pvp basilisk venom all the way. I never really use the other ones as they don’t have as much on demand utility as I would like from a thief elite. Hope I was at least a bit helpful and good luck gaming fellow thief

I think I’m going to use thieves guild but once I unlock the next tier I’ll get dagger storm since that does look pretty strong
edit: omg this skill is crazy the guys destroy the person you target. i just hit this monster once and my two guys started shooting at them like they had machine guns

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

(edited by King Noob IV.3560)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Get thief guild for leveling (awesome for skill points etc) and then basi/dagger storm.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Dagger Storm > Thieves’ Guild > Basilisk. At least, that was how I went. Of course, I mainly levelled my Thief in WvW, so she needed that extra projectile reflect.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Thieves’ Guild is pretty OP for 1v1, unless you’re fighting AoE heavy classes, which is… everyone? Basi Venom is bad, but it at least doesn’t something. Dagger Storm is just here to reflect the 19 million rangers in WvW.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

At level 31, I’ll choose Thieves Guild since Dagger Storm has no benefit to you at your current level. DS has no place in your skill bar while leveling up. Sure it’s flashy, but that’s the end of its benefit.

Thieves Guild gives you as Assassin and a gunslinger. The gunslinger always drop a black powder and I use that to apply blind or to go in stealth — saving me a lot of initiatives. The Assassin always use scorpion wire, which is IMO very useful in pulling the mob away from me.

Of course, Thieves Guild is not a one-size-fits-all elite skill and there are times where DS is better than TG. IMO DS is more about spreading the bleeding condition than anything, so if you pick up some gears that improves your condition damage and that you are building to it, then yes, DS is better.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.