What gear/runes/sigils for WvW?

in Thief

Posted by: Sarej.3802

Sarej.3802

Simple question and I know it’ll probably be build dependant but for the most part, do we go zerker or PVT?

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

What do you want to do in WvW? Roaming? Zerg battles? Party roaming? All 3?

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

What do you want to do in WvW? Roaming? Zerg battles? Party roaming? All 3?

you forgot stealth trolling

in Thief

Posted by: purgatoryz.6038

purgatoryz.6038

PVT chest/legs/helm, zerker shoulder/feet/gloves, divinity runes. PVT/zerker weapons, usually d/d sb or s/d d/p. All ascended zerk trinkets. Fire/accuracy/air/force/bloodlust sigils depending on the weapon. Always put the aoe ones on weapons that aoe, so bloodlust/fire on sword and sb.

With that gear you can bounce between PVE and WvW with no switching, sitting right at 50% crit chance before food/oils.

Though with gear so easy to attain, I keep an all Valk + lyssa set on hand when I go less stealthy.

in Thief

Sarej.3802

Roaming, for the most part. I’ll use my Guardian for zerg.

Not that I wouldn’t like to be able to be versatile on my Thief though but I’d rather not sacrifice roaming viability for zerg viability.

Purgatory, or anyone else for that matter, what sigils would you suggest for d/p and d/d or p/d?

What would you suggest aside from Divinity runes? Are they necessary because they’re about 10g a pop.

(edited by Sarej.3802)

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i like how he says roaming bc if i zerg i use my guardian. ahha plz read this anet. this is what thief does and nothign else :/ fix us.

in Thief

Sarej.3802

Actually, I’d like to play my Ranger in zergs because I’m pretty useless in zergs as a Guardian as well with the amount of lag I have with that many people. At least on my Guardian, I can survive in the zerg and be pretty good on my own when roaming!

in Thief

Sarej.3802

But roaming is my favorite thing to do and the main reason I rolled a Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

yeah . guardian is my 2ndary. amazing support in zergs. DMG boons heals KDS aegis. guardians are teh best glass overall in the game. period.

in Thief

purgatoryz.6038

Roaming, for the most part. I’ll use my Guardian for zerg.

Not that I wouldn’t like to be able to be versatile on my Thief though but I’d rather not sacrifice roaming viability for zerg viability.

Purgatory, or anyone else for that matter, what sigils would you suggest for d/p and d/d or p/d?

What would you suggest aside from Divinity runes? Are they necessary because they’re about 10g a pop.

If you aren’t using Divinity, go with Wurm or Ruby Orbs imo. They aren’t necessary, but with 40 useful stats per rune it’s better than any alternative from a min/max perspective.

Don’t run P/D with that gear, it’s pretty pitiful unless specced for condi.

There’s a rumor going around that the flame blast from the fire sigils are proccing revealed. Given their high cost anyways I’m guessing you’d rather avoid them? You can’t go wrong with pairing force/accuracy. Since I occasionally run P/P, I like to have a sigil of strength on a pistol (for those unloads and stacking might in PvE), with accuracy on the other.

Grab a bloodlust for your shortbow (go for a major rune, it’s super cheap and only 30% less power) and load up on coyotes (or w/e mob is close to your BL gate) before heading out for that extra DPS.

Protip when buying expensive stuff on the TP: Never outright buy them, just put in an offer (maybe 1cp higher than the closest one) and acquire the item that way. I think I bought 6 divinitys for 7g50s a pop just last week. With the liquidity you’d be surprised how fast it’ll fill.

in Thief

Sarej.3802

Yeah, I didn’t mean P/D, I meant to say D/P with D/D or shortbow as my secondary?

Thank you for all of your help, especially the buy order tip because I usually tend to forget to do that due to impatience and overlooking it. I REALLY appreciate it.

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

If youre not going to buy divinity runes

Superior Rune of the Wurm – 30/30/10 – with corrected Precision

Superior Rune of the Wurm – 10/30/30 – with corrected Precision

These are the best you can do for a balanced build, but the precision is probably going to come out wrong, because this game is stupid.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Thief

Sarej.3802

Starting out with exotic accessories, zerk or PVT?

in Thief

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

if you want crit damage in your build, your trinkets is the 1st place you should have it.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Thief

purgatoryz.6038

if you want crit damage in your build, your trinkets is the 1st place you should have it.

Not quite true. Ruby orbs > * in terms of stat tradeoff.

With ascended gear crit damage is always preferable, with exotics it varies per piece.

See this post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/18q7oe/not_all_slots_are_created_equal_dos_and_donts_of/

Basically, if you want crit damage, start @ the top and work your way down.