What if Thieves don't get a new weapon in HoT

in Thief

Posted by: morbidillusion.2759

morbidillusion.2759

And get unarmed combat instead? Discuss.

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

Can the class just be deleted instead?

Anything to break up the long ongoing routine of skimming patches notes as I sigh and say under my breath, “Ok what got nerfed this time?”

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

And get unarmed combat instead?

kittenloads of disappointment. :P

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

If we get unarmed combat then I suppose we need unarmed weapons (spiked knuckles, etc) , so that people can get cool skins for it, because looking cool is important.
And besides, a unique weapon style for one class isn’t gonna happen. Oh and Legendary Fist, that I’d like to see.

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

in Thief

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

This thread is extremely useless as it’s already been said that there are no new weapon types being introduced and that every class will get one new weapon.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I’ve not really been following outside of what new weapon each class will get, and muttering "bloody typical," every time a leak is for a class that isn’t the one I play! So when you say "one new weapon," is that, "only one new weapon," or "one new weapon, only?"

Like, would off-hand sword count as a new weapon. If not, has anything been said that would rule out the possibility of getting a "new" weapon, and the ability to equip a weapon we currently have in the opposite hand?

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

A “new weapon” would constitute what the class cannot use. I think it’s still in the air if that includes not being able to use the weapon in your off-hand or main-hand but I’m leaning towards no.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Thief

Posted by: morbidillusion.2759

morbidillusion.2759

A “new weapon” would constitute what the class cannot use. I think it’s still in the air if that includes not being able to use the weapon in your off-hand or main-hand but I’m leaning towards no.

One of the things that made me think of unarmed combat was that the thief actually has skills that are only available when his offhand is empty. Also, if there was going to be a monk spec, at any point in the future, I can’t see anyone but thief getting it.