What is the best Thief DPS Build for PVE ?

in Thief

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

Q:

Recently i got to level 80 and i want to maximize my dps.
My build right now it 25 30 15 0 0
I use Dual Daggers & Shortbow
I got full exotic zerker gear(not trinkets) but i hit only about 6-7k(critical) on mobs. How much higher can i hit ?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAoYVlUmaPXcS4E+5Ey2jKUn4J+DGlODaqlA

in Thief

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

i don’t have an exact answer (mainly because im in the fiddling with it) but i suggest you go to the mists and try out a whole bunch of builds on the dummies to see what works best for you.

i did the zerker build and personally i hated it (plus i was squishy as hell)
that being said im enjoying creating a personal build now which is why im giving the suggestions for the mists (its all free so grab tons of gear and runes)

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

since when the pvp free items,skills,damage, traits, etc. are the same as in pve ?

in Thief

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

Actually the traits,skills,armor is the same in pvp and pve but in pvp the armor stats are removed and completely fixed onto the amulets so it’s easier to experiment builds but some skills are different in pvp like backstab is 33% weaker in pvp than in pve

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Best dps in a pve fight that lasts 10 seconds or less is 25-30-0-0-15 (the +5% dmg attacking from behind). Best for a fight that’s more than 10 seconds is 25-30-10-0-5 (infinite cnd → backstab).

You have a pretty decent build, idk why you’re only hitting 6-7k though. I’m the 10-0-5 and I hit 12k backstabs on mobs when i don’t have might or vuln stacks. The best cluster bomb I’ve landed was a consistent 12k against the mass mobs in coe with lots of might (thank you fire fields). Maybe it’s your trait picks as when I click the link, everything is cleared. Be sure to get the +5% dagger dmg and executioner.

The main thing with thief is the playstyle. No other profession rewards the player for making use of fields with your finishers as thief. It’s kind of strange that the most solo style profession is the best for teamworking with the most underrated teamwork system in the game. Pro tip. See a light field in a situation where everyone is getting stacked with condis, death blossom through that and cleanse the team. Blast water and fire, whirl+shoot+blast ethereal (w/e u have whiped out), leap/blast smoke, etc.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

You will see slightly higher backstabs with 30/30/10 for example, but the lower than expected dps is probably because you don’t have exotic or ascended trinkets.

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

You will see slightly higher backstabs with 30/30/10 for example, but the lower than expected dps is probably because you don’t have exotic or ascended trinkets.

That will be slightly higher per hit but I rather have an extra hs when bursting down the boss at the end for a guaranteed extra 5k+ or 10k+(crit) dmg instead of maybe 200 per hit on said 10k attacks. The burst ini also has a LOT more ways to play with it over an extra vuln every once in a while.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid