What is the optimal build for PvE Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Ethertonian.7021

Ethertonian.7021

I’m looking for the most effective PvE build for a thief that I can get… I currently am running Knight’s stuff but I don’t think that’s the best. Does anyone have the best build available for PvE thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Blutonic.5190

Blutonic.5190

I’d like to know as well. I love using D/D with Backstab crits and Cloak & Dagger, but I just need something more effective for multiple mobs.

in Thief

Posted by: Jefzor.7145

Jefzor.7145

I’d like to know as well. I love using D/D with Backstab crits and Cloak & Dagger, but I just need something more effective for multiple mobs.

Shortbow.

in Thief

Posted by: Asthenea.1546

Asthenea.1546

Yeah me too lol, I want a p/d build but I just don’t know good traits… And I know people go “the point of the trait system is so you don’t have to use cookie cutter” well I like cookies danmit… It’s Christmas.

in Thief

Posted by: Tyr.6097

Tyr.6097

Shortbow.

Sad that Shortbow gameplay is clunky, slow and boring….. :/

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

in Thief

Posted by: Gungnir Grimm.7123

Gungnir Grimm.7123

you could try D/D condition damage. it works great for solo play and small groups, but doesn’t play nice with other bleed based build so large events and to a lesser extent dungeons can be problematic. other than that, sword pistol is also quite effective in PvE. it has an AoE auto attack, infiltrator’s strike, the stun/evade of pistol whip, and a ranged daze and the smoke field of black powder. shortbow is the preferred secondary for either.

Gungnir Grimm – 80 Thief
Gungnir Aurus – 80 Guardian
[AUX] Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

If you like crits — berserker gear, dps traits and shortbow clusterbomb spam is the way to go.

If you like aoe conditions — carrion gear, caltrops, d/d for death blossom, signet of malice (healing), and dagger storm. Add some poisons and you’d good to go.

I’ve played glass and condi, and glass was great leveling and dungeons, but condi is more fun and survivable. If I ever need to aoe down some mobs, I just put on the signet, throw caltrops, and dagger storm it up or spam death blossom.