What just happened?

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Im fighting an thief one on one. He goes down to 25% hp with tons of conditions on him (burn, bleed, poison). He goes invisible. The minute he comes out i take 4k damage, die, and he has 25% more hp and no conditions. Wtf just happened?

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Shadow’s Embrace (Removes 1 condition every 3 seconds when you go into stealth.)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Basically you got beat by a healing skill that all thieves start with :P

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Vexus.5423

Vexus.5423

Skill. Skill just happened.

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

hide in shadows followed by a backstab.

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Daredent.2961

Daredent.2961

Im fighting an thief one on one. He goes down to 25% hp with tons of conditions on him (burn, bleed, poison). He goes invisible. The minute he comes out i take 4k damage, die, and he has 25% more hp and no conditions. Wtf just happened?

It’s the thief healing skill. It stealths him, removes conditions and heals him. While in stealth he used his stealth backstab attack for max damage.

The thief can only stay stealthed for a small amount of time. To counter this .. move away from the area quickly to avoid a backstab, wait for him to re-appear from stealth. Continue your fight.

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

+1 on skill, skill just happened.

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Not really skill, just inexperience/noobishness on my part. I really haven’t researched any of the classes. I guess i need to start running once thiefs go invis. I never knew they had spells they could use that could do that much damage.

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: Freelancer.4802

Freelancer.4802

Not really skill, just inexperience/noobishness on my part. I really haven’t researched any of the classes. I guess i need to start running once thiefs go invis. I never knew they had spells they could use that could do that much damage.

It isnt a spell, your #1 attack becomes “Backstab” when you are stealthed, and it deals double damage. A critical hit with backstab compounds the damage to fairly ridiculous heights, especially with crit gear. Your lucky you only took 4k damage, thats actually very little considering what they hit you with.

What just happened?

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

deals double damage IF HIT FROM BEHIND. Important conditional there. The 4k is about what it does from the front on a crit, about 8k from the back on a crit, about 14k if you manage to find an engineer with Frenzy

(edited by bwillb.2165)