What new weapon sets would you like to see?

in Thief

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

What new weapon sets would you like to see and why?

Personally, thinking along the lines of the “Thief Psychology” I’m thinking maybe a Longbow or a Rifle. It kind of goes along with the regular “rouge” you see in many MMO’s with an “Assassin’s Shot” or what not. The point is that it’s something long ranged (1200) and not only shortbow range (900).
Also getting another offhand weapon would be nice. I was thinking maybe a sword but although that would be really cool (watching people running around doing D/S or P/S builds) I don’t know if it really suits the thief but yeah. I know that tons of people would love to see a greatsword on a thief but I can’t really see that happening.
A focus could also be pretty cool, maybe adding some team buffs for more party thiefs (something along the lines of “Veil” – a mesmer skill that creates a wall that stealths everyone who runs through it).

What do you guys think?

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

greatsword for the lulz

in Thief

Posted by: Noyz.6430

Noyz.6430

+1 for greatsword. It would be really, really cool. Also off-hand sword, for the kirito fans out there

in Thief

Posted by: NanoNaps.7029

NanoNaps.7029

Maces (both hands or just mainhand).
For skills that are less damage but more CC oriented.

And a sword off-hand would be nice, though i would not know what skill to pack on them, tbh.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

shuriken and kunai

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I would be happy to see any “Ninja Weapons” including the chain and sickle aka kusarigama.

This weapon consisted of a weight on one end of a chain, and a sickle (kama) on the other. The weight was swung to injure or disable an opponent, and the sickle used to kill at close range.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Kusarigama-crop.jpg

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

+1 Greatsword (but i fear it would be a “Stealthless” weapon like all the other 2h weps we alrdy have…but i hope not!)

+1 Rifle (1200 range Sniper…with access to Stealth!)

in Thief

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

I would like to see a more defensive melee weapon, but a longer range weapon like longbow/rifle would be cool for the robin hood/sniper aspect. Fans would also be a neat weapon class overall (useful for elementalists and mesmers, as well as being a defensive weapon for thieves).

in Thief

Posted by: Terrorcookie.8560

Terrorcookie.8560

Id like to see a melee staff of some sort, i know we’re getting polearms, so maybe(probably not) we can get those.

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Exclusive sniper rifle. And ban those ppl who suggest gs.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Ppl who suggest new weapons, they can’t be exclusive rly. There are always multiple classes who can use the weapons. Shuriken/kunai isn’t rly a weapon that any class besides thief would be using (lorewise). Same for chain and sickle.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

I do not understand the logic behind thief + greatsword…

Polearms is interesting… or some sort of melee staff weapon like you say, almost like an AOE/CC melee type weapon for thief. Daze/knockback/whirls.. That would be cool..

Honestly I don’t even get why ranger gets GS, as opposed to say… rifle???

in Thief

Posted by: Verdo.4861

Verdo.4861

Is the obvious answer here not melee staff? Seriously?

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Ppl who suggest new weapons, they can’t be exclusive rly. There are always multiple classes who can use the weapons. Shuriken/kunai isn’t rly a weapon that any class besides thief would be using (lorewise). Same for chain and sickle.

They can be exclusive. I’ll allow it

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Is the obvious answer here not melee staff? Seriously?

A bo-weapon??

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

(edited by Gwalchgwn.1659)

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Actually staff can be pretty good. With dodges, stuns, dazes, etc.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: Deepsky.6083

Deepsky.6083

daibo and a “stealthy-ranged-sniper-oneshot-weapon”

in Thief

Posted by: Nemo.6295

Nemo.6295

No great swords, no ninja weapons, a rifle would be enough for me since we lack a proper 1.2k ranged weapon (cluster bomb does not count since i can pretty much outrun it).

So I’d go for a rifle or a crossbow (I prefer a rifle). As for melee, I don’t see why we can’t use small 1-h weapons such as handaxes and maces.. Guess we wouldn’t need it. But we NEED a 1.2k ranged weapon.

in Thief

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Offhand sword, crossbow, longbow would all be cool

Ranger//Necro

in Thief

Posted by: BojacDR.2104

BojacDR.2104

Nunchucks get my vote. A very mobile weapon. You can even throw them. After your opponent is down, pressing 1 continuously will put a choke hold on him until dead.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I want great sword and offhand axe. I’d run gs+sword/axe. Headless horseman style fighting! Be cool to use gs backstab.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’d love an offhand torch so condition builds could potentially get burning. I think it would fit the saboteur nocturnal nature of a thief.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

MH and OH Axe
MH and OH Club
OH Sword
OH Torch
Greatsword
Longbow
Rifle
Crossbow
Buckler
Staff
Focus
Scepter

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Polearm/Crossbow/Torch/Mace/Rifle/Focus

in Thief

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

staff with melee skills instead of ranged? Sort of like the reverse of guardian spear and ranger/necromancer axes.

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

WHIP WHIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i say WHIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP xD but yes really i would like a whip : )

in Thief

Posted by: Rulakh.3614

Rulakh.3614

Rifle, definately

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

a fork to match my knives.

Edit: a spoon would be cool too!

in Thief

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Well I played a DAoC Shadowblade for 10 years. There were 3 assasin classes. We had access to a few weps I’d like to see in gw2.

MH and OH axe
2h axe
2h Greatsword
OH sword

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

a 2H Katana, hopefully we get em when we get Tengu as playables because they’re always running around with Katana’s (held backwards style)

in Thief

Posted by: DigitalMaster.4870

DigitalMaster.4870

Guys, you cant have any special weapons. you have to chose already existing weapons.
The most applicable weapons are Rifle and Melee staff.
And i love the idea of melee staff, because that would something unique only to thief.

Thief is unique for its interchangeable 1handed weapons, but i dont think anet would bother balancing this, and there is a big difference between 1 handed and 2 handed for a thief (5 skills vs potentially 12+)

Another thing is, you have to think about how this weapon would fill a role. A melee staff wouldn’t fill anything other than CC, but we already have lots of CC available.

So the role would be the deciding factor of such weapon.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Of existing weapons I want Main+Offhand Axe the most. It feels like a neglected weapon that needs more attention and lotta bandits-like characters use axes in other games.

Then I want Staff. Gives Thief access to a fast 2handed Melee weapon. Could even give it a mix of melee and long range~ bring back a few more deadly arts spells from GW1.

I’d also like to have Longbow returned to me. Seems Assassins forgot how to use them when they changed name or Rangers banned them from it outa jealousy of their DMG.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

Awesome comments
In general, not regarding weapon names, I’d like to see a more viable DPS build that will work in WvW and is not stealth based. S/P is terrible in WvW because of the “rooting” aspect of “Pistol Whip” an S/D is amazing in PvP but pretty uncommon in WvW.
Thats why I’d like to see a long range weapon (rifle\longbow) that would focus on dps and less on stealth.
A melee staff could also work, but how?

in Thief

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Haha, I’m actually surprised by the lack of imagination on this thread. Woa…Greatswords? Really?!

I’d like to see:

1- Scimitars:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/AkashaSuki/Other%20Stuff/TrisaScimitar.jpg

We have a couple in game already, but having them in a more specialized way and with their own skills would be great.

2- Chakrams, which would be both close and long rage weapons.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gSyXDgDosaQ/Tpx8UF_Q2CI/AAAAAAAAEpA/voPSiOcEtTQ/s320/Cutoddut+1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P94_JbRPm8M/Tpx4e-aRtSI/AAAAAAAAEoY/8mLz7VKkGLQ/s400/callisto_dArc_PDVD_391.jpg

3- Some Fighting Staff. Close to a Spear but not as heavy and can be dual wielded.

4- Katars or somekind of claws. Maybe just the fists as well. Fist fighting can be really cool.

http://www.heavenlyswords.com/images/P/katar.jpg

Most of these weapons could be wielded by all professions.

I will now drown a Moa as sacrifice so someone from the staff reads this post.

Drowns Moa

in Thief

Posted by: DigitalMaster.4870

DigitalMaster.4870

Haha, I’m actually surprised by the lack of imagination on this thread. Woa…Greatswords? Really?!

It’s not about the lack of imagination you nitwit, it’s about getting a weapon in the current lore/game, and not to create ANOTHER weapon because Anet would not do such a thing in the foreseeable future.
Edit: some rumors about a pole-arm?

Please read my previous post, you probably missed it.

(edited by DigitalMaster.4870)

in Thief

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Offhand sword, melee staff. Melee staff could be an AoE damage type weapon (lots of multi hit melee attacks with cleaving), sword offhand could provide some interesting combinations (mostly serving a defensive role, perhaps with some blocks/counter type moves).

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

in Thief

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Gimmie a whip, rifle and offhand mace. No screw it, gimmie the scythe. Oooh hell to it, gimmie the dervish class along with the scythe.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Gimmie a whip, rifle and offhand mace. No screw it, gimmie the scythe. Oooh hell to it, gimmie the dervish class along with the scythe.

Ohhh Scythe, yeah I;d love that on my Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Error.6290

Error.6290

2h sword.. no dont destory this game whit kitten anime Assasins whit weapons bigger then them self. tho a Dual mace/axe that is CC oriented would be nice.