What's changed?

What's changed?

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

I haven’t played this game since they had 0/30/30/10/0 builds…

Now builds are even wierd. I do mostly spvp.

Thief feels kind of weak still… Skull crack warrior still seems strong…

What has changed?

Just another noob thief…

What's changed?

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Can’t really remember the last time I saw a scull crack warrior. :p

Thief is in a pretty good spot right now. S/D, D/P and S/P are all strong weapon sets that are heavily used in tPvP.

D/P and S/P usually go with 2/6/0/0/6. Mug, Executioner, Bountiful Theft, Thrill of the Crime and Sleight of Hand are the mandatory traits. Runes and sigils are completely up to you and your play style. Hide in Shadows or Withdraw as heal, Shadow Refuge, Shadowstep and usually Infiltrators Signet and Basilisk Venom are the most used skills.

S/D I am not that familiar with, but I know 2/0/0/6/6 and Strength runes with Air and Fire sigils are the meta for that build. Withdraw is the heal to use since this is a spam evades build, so make sure you take the trait that give you Vigor on heal. Other than that it is still Shadow Refuge, Basilisk Venom and Shadowstep that are the most popular skills. Again, keep in mind that I am not too familiar with this build, so you may need to ask others in the forum.

What has changed?
Sigils of the same category (ex on crit sigils) can stack, but not two of the same sigil. Air and Fire sigil have their own cooldowns, before they were shared. Almost all runes have been completely revamped. You can no longer have different runes in sPvP, only one rune set can be chosen. You know have 6 trait points in each trait line instead of 30.

Google GW2 feature patch and read those patch notes, a lot changes that patch, so I highly encourage you to check it out!

If there is anything more, feel free to reply here and I’ll answer what I can.

Cheers!

Edit
Btw; welcome back! I remember you from back then in the forums!

Thief is still a roamer. We are where we are most needed and rotate quickly around the map. The current mets are very bunkerish, so a 1v1 is rarely a good idea for us. Decap far if it is undefended and help your teammates turning fights in their favor by executing low health or glass cannon targets.

Check out Jumper and Caed. Both are amazing thieves that definitely know they place in PvP.

Melder – Thief

(edited by Geiir.7603)

What's changed?

in Thief

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

20066 S/D is nowhere near a “spam evades build” that advise can only come from someone who truly isnt familiar with S/D, just like you said (no offense here – its just that way too many people resort on calling S/D thieves evade spammers). If you spam evades, you don´t damage your opponent. If you spam #3, you a) just look bad doing so and b) any opponent with half a brain should know to attack during the second, non-evade portion of Flanking Strike, and should know how to deal with the following Larcenous Strike, which doesn’t evade. Regarding shortbow, here the same rule applies – there is a window of opportunity at the second half of the skill’s animation. Yes its annoying as hell and yes S/D thieves generally have an absurd amount of dodges, but that pool still is limited. 20066 also does less damage than 26060 but brings more sustain.
Playing S/D properly requires tactical thought and knowledge of your opponent.

And, as a side note… 20066 is only Meta since Sizer “found” it. Seems like nobody cares that some unknown, rarely spvp-ing thieves like me play that build ever since the changes to the trickery line and the steal traits. That was the time where 26060 S/D the king of thief’s Meta builds, alongside the usual 26006 D/P. Instead i´m now called a copycat and whatnot, and i´m seriously sick of moving out of the Meta just because its the Meta.

What's changed?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Thieves have rifle in spirit.

:c thats it

EDIT: That and I am working on getting my flood control removed. Btw welcome back man! I missed you!

EDIT2: Oh and anet stopped touching thief because they know they will catch hella flak from either thieves or anti-thieves regardless of what they do with it.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)