What's meta thief weapon set for pvp?

in Thief

Posted by: bbp.5762

bbp.5762

As title says I was jw if anyone has found what weapons to be the most effective in 1v1 and pvp situations?

in Thief

Posted by: Avllos.7126

Avllos.7126

Dagger/Pistol

Although I personally use Sword/Dagger and have a lot of fun with that, but as far trying to be the most competitive, D/P, Lots of stealth, high burst.

in Thief

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

For 1v1 id say the new D/D venom evade spam build, with Thieves Guild you’ll inflict 12 stacks of torment and vulnerability, 18 stacks of poison and bleeds up to 14+ stacks with death blossom spam. you can 1v1 ANY profession/build, even guardians and ele’s.

Druids and revenants are the most difficult. Only downside to the build is the 144s recharge on Thieves Guild with traits.

Edit:

This is the build if anyone is interested in trying it out:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCFNhNNBePBsPhlhCjLAsByAdflRwYae/9/GgA-TZxBAB8t/wynAAAeCAeVGAjDBAA

(edited by Revolutionen.5693)

in Thief

Posted by: Sperrber.1643

Sperrber.1643

the D/D Lotus-DathBlossom Build is often a Bunker build. In PvP you can hold a point a long time. In WvW it is the perfect solo roaming build.
When people say it is an cheese-afk build with spamming 2 buttons, they have no idea, because sometimes you must press F1/F2 6/7/8/9/0
DH only needs Longbow 2 and 4 Traps to kill most of the pvp players….

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Staff, staff master, bound, scrapper runes.
Seriously. Try it.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

in Thief

bbp.5762

Ty guys. Tried staff, while it is definitely fun this d/d deathblosom build is my favorite haha

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

By far the most powerful weapon set is a friend (I recommend a mesmer) so you can actually kill something other than scrubs.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

bbp.5762

Lol well that does not sound promising.

in Thief

Posted by: merrydamn.9423

merrydamn.9423

put 1 dagger into your main hand → Press and hold 2 → Character spams heartseeker → Kill everything → PROFIT

in Thief

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

put 1 dagger into your main hand -> Press and hold 2 -> Character spams heartseeker -> Kill everything -> PROFIT

That was good at launch but now with the power creep of other classes and the godly amount of thief nerfs you dont want to spam just one ability and be caught without initiative cause you will most likely die.

in Thief

Posted by: Rod.3087

Rod.3087

@Revolutionen: i’m fairly new to game still i tried ur build jesus christ i slaughtered the entire enemy team my name wouldn’t stop being spammed i was on rampage thankz doo!!

they were all good players too

in Thief

Posted by: Liquicity.3621

Liquicity.3621

Thief meta in HoT is Reroll

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Thief meta in HoT is Reroll

^^this

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

put 1 dagger into your main hand -> Press and hold 2 -> Character spams heartseeker -> Kill everything -> PROFIT

That was good at launch but now with the power creep of other classes and the godly amount of thief nerfs you dont want to spam just one ability and be caught without initiative cause you will most likely die.

Joke
.your head

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Joke
.your head

The joke is dropping things on his head?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

The joke is a kittened off pidgeon pooping on his head repeatedly, yes.

in Thief

Revolutionen.5693

@Revolutionen: i’m fairly new to game still i tried ur build jesus christ i slaughtered the entire enemy team my name wouldn’t stop being spammed i was on rampage thankz doo!!

they were all good players too

I’m glad you liked it haha! It’s very fun and easy, I’m not sure why no one thinks of using the condi venoms with SR and thieves guild, its almost a 100% chance win in 1v1 situations

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

Because thieves guild has an ungodly CD and the enemy will literally be waiting for your venoms to be used up before they cleanse it all and laugh at your sudden loss of DPS o.o?

It won’t work vs competent players, ijs.

in Thief

Revolutionen.5693

Because thieves guild has an ungodly CD and the enemy will literally be waiting for your venoms to be used up before they cleanse it all and laugh at your sudden loss of DPS o.o?

It won’t work vs competent players, ijs.

Yea the CD is pretty annoying, TG is only needed when solo capturing though and you wont be doing this all the time.

Regarding the condi cleanse it doesn’t really matter if they remove it because 2-3 seconds will still kill them. If they manage to remove it right away then you just gotta evade and heart seek like mad, and they’ll lose big amounts of HP since ur invincible and they’ll get 10+ stacks of bleeding and lots of torment, and then 30 sec later you can activate the venoms again.

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

They SEE the venoms on your bar and know what you intend to do, unless you wanna stare at them for a few seconds and then leap at them randomly while they take their time downing you. They’ll instantly cleanse and then deal with you like they’d deal with any other evade spam condi thief. Problem is, unlike the other evade spam condi thieves, you have no stun breaks so….

in Thief

Posted by: omgdracula.6345

omgdracula.6345

Tried to view the site you posted, and it looks broken CSS style wise.

in Thief

Posted by: Nero.6813

Nero.6813

I love fighting condi d/d thieves on my necro, I let them use all their venoms on me and then I give it right back to them.

in Thief

Revolutionen.5693

They SEE the venoms on your bar and know what you intend to do, unless you wanna stare at them for a few seconds and then leap at them randomly while they take their time downing you. They’ll instantly cleanse and then deal with you like they’d deal with any other evade spam condi thief. Problem is, unlike the other evade spam condi thieves, you have no stun breaks so….

Well, it works great for me still. I’ve won about 60% of matches, and I already had a decent MMR since I had a fifty five % win ratio before the HoT patch. Yes you have a stun break, Hard to Catch from Acrobatics line. You also got “Don’t Stop” which makes you immune to immobile basically.

in Thief

SlayerSixx.5763

One stunbreak that triggers automatically. After that, its back to getting slapped.

I wouldn’t have trouble with a build like that on my thief. Imagine the fun reapers and chronos will have chain CCing you and force feeding you damage/condis.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)