What's the Condi Thief?

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I’ve been seeing a lot of posts lately post-patch about the “condi thief”. What is it? Does anyone have a link to builds/gameplay?

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_P/D_Condi_roamer

This is before the update on traits/specs etc.

But I guess it’s pretty much the same now. Dire armor and trinks.

SA/TR/ACRO

Faceroll

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVl8MhimYTTw3JQ/EHtEFfIOigwXGtRKqDgDI4A-TVyBABYquxynAAC1DAwDAARlggpEjr9HEVlkuUeQKg7WWB-w

I have been using this of late in PvE and WvW. While the bulk of time is in WvW this week I am there a little less as the Golem rush event distorts what goes on there too much.

With this build you can inflict a whole lot of poison and bleeds in short order. Going Acro instead of trickery is also very doable. It more defensive but still pumps out great damage. If going trickery and assassins reward you can generate very good heals off every Deathblossom. When in a group switch out Shadows rejuvenation for venomshare.

In Champion fights in PVE with groups I have peaked poison damage at over 6k per tick , bleeds at 4k per tick and torment at 2k per tick. Orr is taken over krait to extend poison durations as much as possible over that of bleeds simply because the bleed base duration on the d/d is already very high (It in fact higher then the traditional p/d build traited for 100 percent bleeds).

The healing off leeching/SOM and shamans helps deal with the fragile nature of the thief that tries to fight in close.

SB is an escape and can generate a poison field which one can then use whrle finishers inside of. Caltrops a or RFI can also work very well in place of Skale or the Shadowstep dependent on the nature of the fight. As example I have come across power builds while roaming and Shadowstep is not as useful her as an RFI would be.

In place of Daggerstorm when solo roaming and not expecting to come up against large groups of enemies use BV. Even thieves Guild is very usable here in a solo situtaion as one can use venomshare with the thieves.

A typical rotation would be. Load up your venoms just prior to the battle. Have SB as your weapon. Steal to the enemy and drop a poison field with SB switching immediately to D/d. Possibility exists your venoms reset. DB over the enemy. You can usually pull of three and with heals coming in from the SOM and leeching will generally have good health. Roll out with a dodge or RFI. RFI will refill that ini for more attacks. Stealth as needed for condi cleanse using CnD.

This build has lots of INI and with the DBS you can load on lots of poison/bleed. Note the AA chain also provides a nice long lasting bleed and should be used when you can.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVl8MhimYTTw3JQ/EHtEEfIHJI6Acgg3X8T2CA-TVyBABYquxynAAC1DAwDAARlggpEjr9HEVlkuUeQKg7WWB-w

This is the Acro variant. It is VERY durable as you get more dodges off the vigor which will come from successful dodge and DB evades. Pain response removes
most damaging conditions on a regular basis. Hard to catch is a beauty of a stun break also giving more dodges .

Each DB will bring in 368 heal off the Assassins reward and 465 heal off the SOM for a base of 830+ each DB. If you then have your venoms up you can have a another source of healing come in at 350+ per strike.

In group fights traiting Daggerstorm acts as a second heal. This works well if your ini low and you need that heal without triggering your SOM.

Improv can be devastating here as it can allow a second immediate application of Poisons and the chances very good one of your utilities resets.

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

^Great build.

I switched to similar after the update for PvE. Caltrops just seems slow, I also used Pain Inverter as I main Asuran, but venoms just trump the dps while spreading it to the whole party.

It’s a win/win and great fun to play imo.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

^Great build.

I switched to similar after the update for PvE. Caltrops just seems slow, I also used Pain Inverter as I main Asuran, but venoms just trump the dps while spreading it to the whole party.

It’s a win/win and great fun to play imo.

frankly I find of the utilities the only one a must is the spider venom in my build. The rest , even the elites and the heal , are very flexible. RFI is a great stunbreak and can load more bleeds , smokescreen you can drop and then do DBS over. It lasts longer then most smoke fields. I tend to switch all those others out a lot in WvW depending on the fights.

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: aGenda.2358

aGenda.2358

Assume carrion amulet for the spvp amulet slot?

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

I run with Trapper runes:

Heal: Withdraw

The 3 Utilities:

Needle Trap
Spider Venom
Skale Venom

Elite: Basilisk Venom

No longer reliant upon Shadow Refuge, and hence, no longer as vulnerable to the new Engineer reveal. Withdraw is a superior heal coupled with Trapper runes, and needle trap provides a low CD (24 seconds vs. SR and Blinding powder CDs), on demand stealth without having to CnD if things get bad.

The super speed from the Trapper runes is invaluable.

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Can that build also work with P/D on dungeons for PVE?

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

What's the Condi Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: cufta.7309

cufta.7309