What's the top burst build now?

in Thief

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I am forced to to hot join and soloQ. This means it’s basically a deathmatch.

I have surrendered to the idea I didn’t want to face: The meta is glass cannon and burst.

Can some thieves experienced in this give me the basic build and the bread and butter combo?

I figure 30/30/ and a ? somewhere. Berzerkers and Ogre runes. Dagger/Pistol? Or two daggers?

Short bow or not?

Thank you!

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in Thief

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

15/30/0/0/25 runes of scolar sigils of air+battle, sigil of fire on short bow

in Thief

Laserbolt.6731

What specific traits. And the bread and butter combo?

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I wouldn’t think that it had changed from 25/30/0/0/15, nothing has been buffed significantly enough elsewhere to make it anything else (besides using Shadow Trap over Signet of Shadows).

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Laserbolt.6731

And what would the exact traits be?

in Thief

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

And what would the exact traits be?

Something like this. Runes of the Scholar and Ogre also options.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I use the following for maximum damage (the runes offer the highest direct damage combination mathematically when combined with the traits and sigils):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAoYVlUm6NHdy5E/5Ex2jdKUe6fgs6MoZLB-TsAg0CnIqRxljLDXSuscNKYZxkCA

Sometimes I’ll swap to D/P, depends on the mood, but both work well as long as you know the combos.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.6940

Alex.6940

I use the following for maximum damage (the runes offer the highest direct damage combination mathematically when combined with the traits and sigils):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAoYVlUm6NHdy5E/5Ex2jdKUe6fgs6MoZLB-TsAg0CnIqRxljLDXSuscNKYZxkCA

Sometimes I’ll swap to D/P, depends on the mood, but both work well as long as you know the combos.

I think ogre runes offer higher dps than 5 scholar and 1 divinity.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

15/30/0/0/25 runes of scolar sigils of air+battle, sigil of fire on short bow

this ^ , actually 10/30/0/0/30 is a bit better with Sleight of Hand (free daze), combine it with an immobilize if needed, get some damage in
charge/activate basilisk, unload rest
it’s the new “I WIN” button, but in 2 steps
use it well before the nerfs come (again)

if you don’t like mug, you can try 0/30/10/0/30 taking infusion of shadow for lower c&d ini

precast c&d, steal … get to 11 ini, BS
do whatever for 2 seconds (AA maybe? dodge? dance?), use basi, c&d, BS no.2,
enjoy hs spam,
profit

(edited by DanH.5879)

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Scholar runes offer higher dps than ogre assuming you don’t get hit.

But the 10/30/0/0/30 build is kinda fun. Been using d/d with it but really any weapon set other than p/x goes well with it.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Laserbolt.6731

Love the responses so far. Thank you. Keep them coming if you have something to add that you have discovered.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

D/P burst with 10/30/0/0/30 is great with the 21s CD daze + boon strip. You can actually very easily interrupt stability stomps with it. In addition, you get very high AoE vigor uptime and can take care of those pesky protection stacks before your burst, which was a huge problem for D/P 25/30/0/0/15.

The fact that mug is on a 21s cd also means you actually get a tiny bit better sustain too. Nothing to write home about, but definitely a noticeable improvement.

Your burst will be noticeably lower than a 25/30/0/0/15, but sustained damage is comparable thanks to the 50% uptime on fury (which goes to ~100% in practice if you take CS 1 and happen to get fury stacks from your targets occasionally).

The biggest issue with bountiful theft right now is the fact that it’s almost impossible to predict which two boons you’ll be taking. And that you get much better boon control from S/D’s still spammable 3.

I would like to see Bountiful Theft changed to steal more than just 2 boons, which is the same as a single Larcenous. Also make it prioritize important defensive boons like Aegis, Stability, Protection, etc.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Thief

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQNAoYVlUmKOHcS8E/5Ex2DfuTe6fAs6MoZLB-TsAg0CnI4SxljLDXSuscNoYZxsAA

You just need a teammate for fury or you change Flanking Trikes to Thrill of the Crime..

[rT]