What's your S/D build?

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Currently experimenting with10/30/10/20.

Skills
[Withdraw][Devourer Venom][Signet of Agility][Roll for Initiative][Basilisk Venom]

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

0/20/30/20/0
withdraw/bp/shad s/shad ref/th guild
d/p as main set
Works fine but the class is still meh. It’s quite fun anyway.

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Been experimenting with 0/0/20/20/30, sticking to my usual style of 0/0/X/X/X.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

0/20/30/20/0

“Furious Retaliation, Side Strike”
“Infusion of Shadow, Cloaked in Shadows, Shadow’s Rejuvenation”
“Power of Inertia, Pain Response”

Shortbow as 2nd weapon.

Sigils: (S)Sigil of Paralysation & (D)Sigil of Bloodlust

Runes: Orbs, Eagle, Scholar, Divinity, Vampirism, Svanir. Or whatever you prefer.

Buffs:
Food: Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew. Might on Dodge +40% endurance regen.
Utility: Superior Sharpening Stone / Master Maintenance Oil.

Utility:
Hide in the Shadows
Shadow Refuge | Signet of Shadows | Shadowstep / Roll for Initiative / other situational
Thieves Guild / Dagger Storm

Equipment & Jewels:
A good mix of Berserker, Valkyrie and Knight. Towards 85%+ crit damage, 40%+ crit chance and 3k attack power unbuffed.

My personal usage and Tips:
Disable auto targeting.

Open with Infiltrators Strike, Cloak&Dagger to stealth and apply blind,
Daze your target with Tactical Strike, perform a full autoattack chain,
Cloak&Dagger to reapply blind and stealth, Tactical….

Keep uptime on Shadow Return, can easily and unhindered be done
by casting Shadow Retrun and an untargeted Infiltrator’s Strike while in stealth.
Or when using it to immobilize / Chase your target.
Or mid-fight when needed to remove cripple/blind/immobilize
HiS and Pain Response usually takes out burn, bleed & poison.

The Stealth chaining and Dodges keeps you at 12+ Might in the middle of the fight.

The blind from Shadow Arts is AoE and makes you a tough target even when facing
several enemies.

Use Larcenist’s Strike to remove Defensive boons, or if the target only has fury and might. Not worth using it more than once unless your target has every boon in the game.

Evade annoying channeling attacks that doesn’t break with stealth, using Flanking Strike and Dodge.

Got tired of writing.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

^How much of a survivability boost is Pain Response?

I don’t know whether to take that one or First Strikes (minor trait, 10% increased damage when initiative is over 6). In terms of stats it would be taking 50 precision and +5% crit. damage or 500 more HP and +5% boon duration.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I use it as an additional bleed/poison/burn remover to HiS and Shadow Return,
since my build lacks Shadow’s Embrace which most deep SA thieves run with,
Which I traded off for Cloaked in the shadows.

Overall I feel more tankier than times when I’ve left it out.
How much survivability it grants is fully situational.

And the 12 seconds regen heals for about 1.5k (can’t remember the exact value)

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

Used 10/30/0/0/30 prior to patch as I wasn’t using much ini.. Hit like a truck btw
Now using 0/30/0/25/15 for the boon duration and ini regen.. Working well! Played about 700 games with. 10/30/30/0/0 and I got sick of it out of repetitiveness,still a great build tho and lots more survivability than the other 2

All sd, and all berserker gear

Runes either citadel *5, pack, worm, lyssa,rock dog one

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

PVP
25/30/0/0/15 (All dmg traits)
Berserker Amulet
Runes of the Scholar.
Assassin’s Signet/SR

Altho glassy, each flanking strike does a total of around 12k+ damge to light/med and around 9k to bunker guardians. The beauty of the build is that you can macro #3 as auto attack and not have to press any other skill, you get 5 consecutive flanking strikes before you run out initiative.

Personally, i have little to no trouble with dealing with most classes, even meta trappers/BM, shatter mesmer, etc , the hardest enemy to fight would be another thief because of stealth and burst. its usually a 50/50 chance and a quick fights in most cases… on the other hand, Eles drop like flies

(edited by google.3709)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Thundercleese.4210

Thundercleese.4210

I’ve been trying the following in dungeons and some WvW (not sure how I feel about it in WvW yet):

0/30/0/15/25

Withdraw, Shadow Step, Signet of Agility pretty much always (Signet of Agility is so good at keeping you alive I’d use it active only if necessary). 3rd Utility & Elite to suit the situation.

Food is either the +endurance and might one or an offensive one.

Have a sigil of Paralyzation on the sword.

Play style is lots of shadow stepping w/ dodges.

The 25 in trickery plus what we have in Critical Strikes gives us 25% bonus damage when at full initiative!

Crazy sustained damage cleaving, lots of dodging, lots of condi removal, lots of teleporting around. Boon stealing and stun locking silver mobs and below.

I used to do a heavy shadow arts build but I’m having fun with this now.

I currently have a berserker armor set w/ scholar runes, and a soldier set with ruby orbs, trinkets are a mix of berserker and celestial.

[EG] – SoR

Garrett Ward – 80 Thief / Roland Ward – 80 Warrior / Tacitus Ward – 80 Necro

(edited by Thundercleese.4210)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

25/30/15/0/0
WvW = S/D + D/P (sometimes SB)
PvE = S/D + P/P

I find that this build is more flexible to what I do everyday I log in. I can bring this to WvW, dungeons, daily chore, etc.

15 in SA is the one the gives flexibility. When fighting melee, I can switch up to Cloaked in Shadows. When fighting Condi, I can switch up to Shadow’s Embrace. If I want to dance with someone, I can switch up to Infusion of Shadows.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowskill.9852

Shadowskill.9852

0/30/20/20/0

CS: I,III,XI
SA: IV,VI
AC: I,VI or VIII

S/D-SB

Armor: Valkyrie/Berserker Ruby orbs or Eagle Runes
Trinkets: Berserker

(edited by Shadowskill.9852)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: archive.9073

archive.9073

One variation I’ve been running in sPvP.
I change a few things here and there depending on team makeup but generally I stick to this for tournaments.
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VdF3V;1Rwk0-N5FOFd0;9;49TT;02;002A34A;4LRk6;2Ewk2Ewk25BB

Copy & Paste build links, for whatever reason the direct link isn’t working. ]:

I’ve also been experimenting with another variation that uses S/D + D/P.
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VdF33R;0Vwk0-U5FOFd0;9;5TJJ;202A34-28;2LRk34;1Ewk2Ewk25BL
I’ve found this build very rewarding to play, you have tons of options with those 2 weapon sets. You have regular access to stealth through the d/p set and you can still strip boons with s/d. I like to start with s/d and then finish people off with d/p since backstab/heartseeker has really nice spike dmg. You do lose a bit of mobility from dropping the sbow but you have a lot more utility options with the weapons.

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

I was gonna start my own thread but figured I could tac on here.

For SPVP ONLY: What elite skill do you guys run for S/D? Ive always preferred bask venom for obvious reasons when I ran D/D. But it also has such a short CD and was never a huge fan of the fire and forget style of Thieves Guild.

I was using Bask because I thought I would still use it in an opener. But now I always start fights with Infi Strike so I always have an escape up with the shadow return. So Ive found that I never really use my bask venom, since Im immobilizing them anyway.

Im wondering if ppl feel the same, or I am just missing good opportunities to utilize bask venom mid fight. (Prob the latter since Im still figuring out the whole S/D thing)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Been tweaking my thief for a while now, this is for PvE by the way.

25/30/0/0/15. Used to be 10/30/10/0/20 but after some testing I don’t really need the initiative on stealth.

Deadly Arts: III, X|Critical Strikes: I, IX, XI| Tricks: V

Utilities are Withdraw, Assassin’s Signet, Signet of Agility, Shadow Refuge, Thieve’s Guild or Dagger Storm. Assassin’s Signet changes sometimes to Blinding Powder

Edit: Also got Duelist armor with T1 human mask, with a Ceremonial Sabre and Usoku’s Needle so I look like a ninja

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

(edited by Grok Krog.9581)

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: archive.9073

archive.9073

For SPVP ONLY: What elite skill do you guys run for S/D? Ive always preferred bask venom for obvious reasons when I ran D/D. But it also has such a short CD and was never a huge fan of the fire and forget style of Thieves Guild.

I was using Bask because I thought I would still use it in an opener. But now I always start fights with Infi Strike so I always have an escape up with the shadow return. So Ive found that I never really use my bask venom, since Im immobilizing them anyway.

Im wondering if ppl feel the same, or I am just missing good opportunities to utilize bask venom mid fight. (Prob the latter since Im still figuring out the whole S/D thing)

I run basilisk venom since thieves guild/dagger storm can be mitigated a lot easier and are on a longer cool down, the added stun when I burst people down is nice, also basilisk does not immobilize any longer.

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Tolfast.6289

Tolfast.6289

I still use basalisk but with runes of lyssa on armour – when you use an elite cure all conditions and gain all boons.

My s/d build at the mo is

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Bob.1039

Bob.1039

25/30/15/0/0
PvE = S/D + P/P

I find that this build is more flexible to what I do everyday I log in. I can bring this to WvW, dungeons, daily chore, etc.

15 in SA is the one the gives flexibility. When fighting melee, I can switch up to Cloaked in Shadows. When fighting Condi, I can switch up to Shadow’s Embrace. If I want to dance with someone, I can switch up to Infusion of Shadows.

I’m highly interested in the stats that you used for this build, because I would also like to maintain a versatile build for both PvE and WvW.

What are the minimum defensive stats that you aim for when you are in WvW?
(PvE not really a concern, because engagements are quite predictable.)

I was thinking of aiming for 17k health and 2.4k armor, do you think it’s too defensive?

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

0/30/30/0/10 here and doing great, allot of survivability (rarely die) and can take almost anything 1v1. Some good Engis and rangers give a good fight and take me down if they play well.

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

25/30/15/0/0
PvE = S/D + P/P

I’m highly interested in the stats that you used for this build, because I would also like to maintain a versatile build for both PvE and WvW.

What are the minimum defensive stats that you aim for when you are in WvW?
(PvE not really a concern, because engagements are quite predictable.)

I was thinking of aiming for 17k health and 2.4k armor, do you think it’s too defensive?

Less health and more toughness IMO. Remember, you will be getting WvW bonuses on top of whatever your “base” hp is. I’m running a similar stat distribution/build and I’m @ ~16.5k hp w/ 2.75k armor.

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Bob.1039

Bob.1039

Thanks somsom! I’m still new to thief, so I would prefer to have more defense atm.

What's your S/D build?

in Thief

Posted by: Tikitaka.1340

Tikitaka.1340

My Name is Tikiitaka of the order of shades (OdS), I am of Baruch’s Bay and leave this video them. In the video it is you fight of 10 vs 1 1 vs 4 1 vs 1 etc, I hope that they like, wait to see them in WwW. This one build has much attacks and many survival though nowadays I have improved the build. The features are 10 30 30 0 0 A greeting Tikiitaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT05f3cFkC0