What "steal" should be.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

Here’s what Im thinking, When a thief steals they should “steal” another classes skill at random.

For example, Thief Vs Guardian…. thief uses steal and the guardian can no longer use its guard skill for a certain cool down. of coarse it would come back in normal cool down time as if they had used it. In the corner of the thiefs interface it would show what skill you stole, meanwhile on the guardians end it would show chains with a lock and key over the skill…..

I think this would give the thief some what of an edge again only cause you might be able to stop someone from using an elite skill at the last second and save yourself. I can see it now, facing a thief and one of your skills suddenly has a crossed chain with a lock and key in the center leaving you unable to use that skill for that time.

And yes, it would work Thief vs Thief. Imagine locking out back stab, death blossom, or pistol whip for a short time? think about it….

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Helterskelter.8490

Helterskelter.8490

Sounds more like an ‘Impair’ than a ‘Steal’.

Steal actually steals a skill from the enemy, hence the name. The damage is just situational, depending on the build used.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Steal should disable the enemy’s F1, and let you use it instead!

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

“I can shatter all my illusions! Woo!”

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

This is essentially something the mesmer used to do in GW1 with the original arcane thievery.

To be honest I prefer it in its current state as it’s more predictable and, therefore, reliable. If it were changed to depend on what skills the enemy actually had on their bar it would be out of the Thief’s control and not particularly dependable for anything.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

No thx, I like knowing what skill I’ll get when I know what my targets class and weapon is.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Ixa.6523

Ixa.6523

Steal should remove a random item in targets inventory with a low chance to remove an equipped piece of armor or a weapon off your target.
It would then place that item in your inventory, un-soulbound. You could then sell, equip, vendor, or do whatever with it.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

^^

No thanks. This is a very literal interpretation of the ability and would serve no use in a pvp environment.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

It is fine as it is

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Grimbread.7426

Grimbread.7426

@Ixa – Yeah because stealing a legendary weapon would cause 0 rage. Yup.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Well to be perfectly honest, I’m not sure if anyone was taking this topic seriously. At least I wasn’t.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Jjiinx.8795

Jjiinx.8795

Sounds more like an ‘Impair’ than a ‘Steal’.

Steal actually steals a skill from the enemy, hence the name. The damage is just situational, depending on the build used.

Sounds more like a ‘Plagiarize’ than a ‘Steal’.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Ixa.6523

Ixa.6523

You’re probably right. It was originally a toned down version of my previous idea.
Which was “identity theft” which would log the targeted player out, remove their character entirely from their account and transfer it to an empty character slot on your account all gear and items included.

However the only problem with that idea is you might accidentally target a poorly geared player or an elementalist. And then you would just end up with something you didn’t want on your account for 45 seconds.

What "steal" should be.

in Thief

Posted by: Psychomaniack.1953

Psychomaniack.1953

Well to be perfectly honest, I’m not sure if anyone was taking this topic seriously. At least I wasn’t.

Everquest had that in pvp (1999-2000). If you died while doing PVP, the one that killed you could pickittenem from you, even gear.

Which is quite normal. I mean, I kill a Big Cat with a big sword in hands, I’ll probably pick something out of him.

I mean, come on, I’m a THIEF. I steal stuff. I take stuff for me, my treasure.

(And yeah, people would get pissed. Dying in pvp should be something that you hate. That way, people would do less glass canon and play with their heads, not with big numbers on the screen).