What superior sigils for weapons pve/wvw?

in Thief

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I am looking for some advice on which sigils I should go with on my shortbow/daggers/pistols/sword I mainly do dungeons and wvw. I was thinking superior fire for the shortbow and might on a dagger and lightning on another?

in Thief

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

A note is that the blood sigil doesnt work on the shortbow. Else I would recommend blood actually due to heals. I had fire before on my shortbow, not really that great. And it doesnt work with poison, cluster bombs, shadowsomething. One the evade and auto attack skill.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It depends on your build and play-style.

If you’re an all-out burster, I’d recommend the Lightning damage Sigil since it does roughly 2000 damage against most targets. For your off-hand I’d take either the +5% Crit or +5% Damage, whichever you prefer.

If you’re not just a glass-cannon the Freezing proc can be quite useful. Obviously not so much if you’re already using the Ice Venom but good if you’re not. Slowed enemies with longer ability CDs are much easier to deal with.

Bleed stacker then again might prefer something that increases their Condition durations or Bleed damage. Again, it depends.

in Thief

RoRo.8270

What about the sigil that gives might on critical hits?

(edited by RoRo.8270)

in Thief

RoRo.8270

Bump also does the +5% critical sigil stack?

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

For a crit build I’d definitely recommend either lightning or blood.

in Thief

RoRo.8270

For a crit build I’d definitely recommend either lightning or blood.

How much is the heal for the blood sigil?

in Thief

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

I haven’t tested it extensively so I can’t give you exact numbers, but it’s not a lot. Something around a 1-200HP a pop, IIRC. The key use of it is that you’re critting so much that it adds to your passive survivability, and since it’s life STEAL you’re also doing a bit more damage as well.

It really depends on how you like to play. Do you want all out offense? Then use lightning. If you find that you’re often low on HP all the time, then I’d suggest blood.

in Thief

Posted by: Waterseer.7089

Waterseer.7089

Bump also does the +5% critical sigil stack?

I would like to know this as well.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

If you have a condition based bleed build go with % Bleed duration. You can stack it with sigils, runes and food to get 100% with any build. It’s a massive increase in DPS when you go from say, 6 stacks up all the time to 12.

in Thief

Posted by: Mikki.5370

Mikki.5370

I believe the +5% crit sigils do stack. I haven’t tested the crit ones but I did test the force sigils. (killed 30 mobs, all same mob type and level, wrote down all the damage numbers from screenshots, yea time consuming )

Sigil of Force seems to be stacking did roughly 10% more damage with 2x sigils of force so I don’t see why the crit sigils wouldn’t stack as well.

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

I don’t think the crit ones do stack. Regardless, you wouldn’t really want to when sigil of air is so kitten. Air/crit or Fire/crit are pretty much the ways to go if you’re a crit build. Agonyx2 works well for bleed. (those do stacks!)

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.