What weapons will you use with Deadeye?

in Thief

Posted by: Karma Crimzin.5079

Karma Crimzin.5079

This is mainly a discussion thread about some of the weapons you are looking forward to use. I for one i’m looking forward to see how S/D P/P work with deadeye. I know its not really thought of much but i want to get my hands on shadowmeld and the new malice mechanic with S/D. I think it will bring some more damage while give the set so stealth options as well for insane burst for P/P. Im still getting the handle of PvP and i know D/P being meta as all hell might do better with the spec more so that S/D but I don’t like that playstyle and want to figure out what makes the spec tick outside of rifle. Also what the utilities will have to offer to other sets so some crazy shenanigans hopefully.

Karma Crimzin – Guardian
Guild: Legion Thirteen [LT]
Server: Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I currently have a s/d build with SB off hand that is designed around Boon theft via both Bountiful theft and RS. Yes it is rather oddball and I have been trying to make it work with exisitng traits and utilities. I think I can get this to work better by replacing the DrD line with DE.

I want it “stealthier” rather than “dodgier” wherein I make up for the loss of extra dodges with the evasive nature of #2 s/d and #3 s/d. If this goes as I envision I will likely go off hand with either p/p or Rifle.

Mercy and shadowflare in addition to that elite seem to me the best suited to what I want to do with my build as far as utilities go with Shadowstep as the third. What I like about the SD set is it very sticky in that you can easily keep up to your target and this should work nicely with Mark.

That said , I will have to wait and see what changes are made to Core first.

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I currently have a s/d build with SB off hand that is designed around Boon theft via both Bountiful theft and RS. Yes it is rather oddball and I have been trying to make it work with exisitng traits and utilities. I think I can get this to work better by replacing the DrD line with DE.

And how do you propose to do that when you lose the steal ability with Deadeye? I don’t think you’ve thought this through. Bountiful theft is useless on DE.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

D/D for PvE and P/P+Shortbow for PvP

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

And how do you propose to do that when you lose the steal ability with Deadeye? I don’t think you’ve thought this through. Bountiful theft is useless on DE.

You still get all the traits and benefits as if you specced for regular steal, don’t you?

The only difference is that it’s no longer a shadowstep to target, and Sword already has IS for that.

On-topic:

I’ll see what I can do with P/P.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I use rending shade currently. Rending shade is a better steal then is BT and steals stacks. You also do NOT lose steal with deadeye. You can still trait up the deadeye steal.

in Thief

Posted by: Karma Crimzin.5079

Karma Crimzin.5079

I think the traits that effect steal also work with the new mark so its a range steal basically from what im understanding. and like someone said with sword we have a gap closer anyway so its not like it will be missed to much. Plus the extra damage from the mark over time looks pretty good.

I hope the stealth options with deadeye bring in more ways to play with the sword. I know the pistol will take huge advantage of it especially the mark to once full stacks are up or if you increase it to 7 stacks with trait unloads are going to melt. Well even more than it already does anyway. The only thing i wished for was deaths retreat was either a utility skill or the morphed it to the heal skill instead of rifle since i don’t really have an interest in the weapon but will still try it out since the gameplay might change my mind.

Karma Crimzin – Guardian
Guild: Legion Thirteen [LT]
Server: Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I don’t think you’ve thought this through. Bountiful theft is useless on DE.

He has certainly thought it through, I think it’s you that does not understand the mechanics of Mark.

in Thief

Static.9841

He has certainly thought it through, I think it’s you that does not understand the mechanics of Mark.

Steal and mark are not the same thing. I think you don’t understand the mechanics or are confusing them to be the same.

I use rending shade currently. Rending shade is a better steal then is BT and steals stacks. You also do NOT lose steal with deadeye. You can still trait up the deadeye steal.

Mark is not a steal, it’s a mark. BT works on steal which is stated plainly in the trait.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Steal and mark are not the same thing. I think you don’t understand the mechanics or are confusing them to be the same.

Mark is not a steal, it’s a mark. BT works on steal which is stated plainly in the trait.

Come on, the only difference with steal and marks are the shadowstep on steal and the malice stacks for mark. It’s 10% of the utility of a traited F1 with DA/TR.

You don’t steal for the gap closer, you steal for the interrupt/poison/mug/boon rip/fury gain/stealth.

Btw you still get stolen items even from marks…..so it’s pretty much a ranged steal :p

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

in Thief

Static.9841

Come on, the only difference with steal and marks are the shadowstep on steal and the malice stacks for mark. It’s 10% of the utility of a traited F1 with DA/TR.

You don’t steal for the gap closer, you steal for the interrupt/poison/mug/boon rip/fury gain/stealth.

Btw you still get stolen items even from marks…..so it’s pretty much a ranged steal :p

Nowhere on the skill does it state this. This is pure speculation on your part.

in Thief

Vitali.5039

Like necro’s shrouds trait work for Death Shroud and Reaper’s Shroud the Deadeye’s Mark will work with steal related traits.

It’s just a name, should have they called it Deadeye’s Mark that also Steal?
You really think it isn’t a Steal? If you read you’ll see that give new stolen skills.

Steal is replaced with Deadeye’s Mark which gives new stolen skills. Gain access to rifles and Cantrips.

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

D/p and rifle if I’m using shadow arts probably with Rending Shade, so I’d just be dropping short bow. My go to set is s/d so I’ll work something out with that. I’m bad at crafting full builds, I usually just change a little here and there all the time so I don’t really know what I’ll end up using most.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Nowhere on the skill does it state this. This is pure speculation on your part.

Go to 4:04 of this video. You will plainly see Deadeyes mark remains a steal as you will see Deadeyes mark moused over and it has all of the benefits added out of trickery and DA lines for the steal including things like poison, and stolen boons from BT. This is not speculation.

The build is also clearly traited for mug and for SOH all of which are included in the Deadeye mouseover.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Vitali.5039

My open world build will be Critical Strikes/Trickery/Deadeye P/P thief:
100% fury and swiftness uptime, great might generation, haste, increased power and pecision when under haste, godly damage modifiers along with initiative generation via Quick Pockets and Kleptomaniacs

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Staff.
Probably R/R offhand.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

babazhook.6805

Well with sword changes I am really leaning more to s/d now. It looks sweet in a boon rip build.

Deadeye/sa/acro a possible albeit all in flux now.

The changes to PR , Swindlers and Don’t stop appeal to me. (Don’t stop will now allow you to cleanse a movement impairing condition condition on dodge and will nicely replace UC)

Swindlers, I just do not know how it will play out with the Deadeye mark steal. It might be counterproductive .

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Saraneth.6021

Saraneth.6021

Rifle + S/P is what I’m gonna be using. I never did like staff already running S/P + P/P.

in Thief

Posted by: TheDeafGuy.4519

TheDeafGuy.4519

People forgetting you can’t use staff on deadeye because staff is only accessible with DrD

in Thief

Posted by: Saraneth.6021

Saraneth.6021

People forgetting you can’t use staff on deadeye because staff is only accessible with DrD

I don’t think anyone forgot that.